⭐⭐A bit of info for the new members using the forum⭐⭐

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Notorious J

It's gonna break, so might as well send it!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Granite
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon 6s
I hope I got around to welcoming you all. If I didn't, welcome to the Arrma Forum. One thing I want to tell you, which it took me a while to figure out, is that there's two things you need to do when you want to make sure the person you are speaking to, knows you are communicating. Tip one. Use their forum name preceded by the @ symbol like I do when I welcome you all, ie: @+woodie = @WoodiE(sorry boss, had to use you for the test?) This way a notification that someone is communicating directly to you will light up the bell at the top of the screen. When you start to type the name, you'll see the members names pop up on the screen, and you can hit enter if there's one, or scroll down and click if there's many. Number two tip, which basically helps to do the same thing, is to hit reply in someone's comment to ask/answer back to them. With 15000 members and close to a 1000 new posts a day, the question you asked might get lost when someone logs back into the forum, Include the name or hit reply, and the member's bell lights up and they'll know to check. Even if it's just to say thanks, as all the members like to know when they've helped someone out. Maybe you already know this, maybe you don't. Just trying to help keep the forum family strong. Hope you enjoy your time here.

Last edited:
Great info man. Not gonna lie I get tons of notification a day and skim through to the ones that have me tagged or quoted in them lol. Conversions I am in days ago look like one reply but many have happened and I find days later when I have time to sit down I was asked a question on something. ?

I hope I got around to welcoming you all. If I didn't, welcome to the Arrma Forum. One thing I want to tell you, which it took me a while to figure out, is that there's two things you need to do when you want to make sure the person you are speaking to, knows you are communicating. Tip one. Use their forum name preceded by the @ symbol like I do when I welcome you all, ie: @+woodie = @WoodiE(sorry boss, had to use you for the test?) This way a notification that someone is communicating directly to you will light up the bell at the top of the screen. When you start to type the name, you'll see the members names pop up on the screen, and you can hit enter if theirs one, or scroll down and click if there's many. Number two tip, which basically helps to do the same thing, is to hit reply in someone's comment to ask/answer back to them. With 15000 members and close to a 1000 new posts a day, the question you asked might get lost when someone logs back into the forum, Include the name or hit reply, and the member's bell lights up and they'll know to check. Even if it's just to say thanks, as all the members like to know when they've helped someone out. Maybe you already know this, maybe you don't. Just trying to help keep the forum family strong. Hope you enjoy your time here.
Welcome to the forum. ?

I think you should change your name to "Slydog" ?
Funny because I live in a college town very close to the school and it's Southeastern Louisiana University. We have SLUdogs running around chasing the freshmen girls. Truly a term we use right here at home ??

I hope I got around to welcoming you all. If I didn't, welcome to the Arrma Forum. One thing I want to tell you, which it took me a while to figure out, is that there's two things you need to do when you want to make sure the person you are speaking to, knows you are communicating. Tip one. Use their forum name preceded by the @ symbol like I do when I welcome you all, ie: @+woodie = @WoodiE(sorry boss, had to use you for the test?) This way a notification that someone is communicating directly to you will light up the bell at the top of the screen. When you start to type the name, you'll see the members names pop up on the screen, and you can hit enter if there's one, or scroll down and click if there's many. Number two tip, which basically helps to do the same thing, is to hit reply in someone's comment to ask/answer back to them. With 15000 members and close to a 1000 new posts a day, the question you asked might get lost when someone logs back into the forum, Include the name or hit reply, and the member's bell lights up and they'll know to check. Even if it's just to say thanks, as all the members like to know when they've helped someone out. Maybe you already know this, maybe you don't. Just trying to help keep the forum family strong. Hope you enjoy your time here.
I pressed reply..?

You been watching too much American idol
If you say so. Lol. Honestly haven't watched any TV in 15 years. I did vote online for a Dancing With The Stars contestant once but didn't see the show.

Bump cause I see the new guys haven't picked it up yet:

I hope I got around to welcoming you all. If I didn't, welcome to the Arrma Forum. One thing I want to tell you, which it took me a while to figure out, is that there's two things you need to do when you want to make sure the person you are speaking to, knows you are communicating. Tip one. Use their forum name preceded by the @ symbol like I do when I welcome you all, ie: @+woodie = @WoodiE(sorry boss, had to use you for the test?) This way a notification that someone is communicating directly to you will light up the bell at the top of the screen. When you start to type the name, you'll see the members names pop up on the screen, and you can hit enter if there's one, or scroll down and click if there's many. Number two tip, which basically helps to do the same thing, is to hit reply in someone's comment to ask/answer back to them. With over 19000 members and close to a 1000 new posts a day, the question you asked might get lost when someone logs back into the forum, Include the name or hit reply, and the member's bell lights up and they'll know to check. Even if it's just to say thanks, as all the members like to know when they've helped someone out. Maybe you already know this, maybe you don't. Just trying to help keep the forum family strong. Hope you enjoy your time here.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back