A little bit out of my budget 😞

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaladeth

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Limitless
https://bjtonline.com/business-jet-...ext=Building a 5,000-by-75,a fuel farm, and a

IMG_5866.jpeg

Last edited:
Are you making a runway for a real airplane? Because that is assuming you are basically making a small airport like in a small town where it has a small office and a hanger for the plane.

Building a 5,000-by-75-foot runway and accompanying ramp and taxiway that can accommodate a large-cabin business jet can cost $10 million or more in a colder climate once you factor in surveying, permitting, engineering, marking, designing a GPS instrument approach, and installation of lighting, a fuel farm, and a hangar.

If you are making a strip so you can do speed runs it will cost you much much less than that as you won't need the GPS stuff, lighting a fuel farm or a hanger.

I would use the runway only for rc speed runs

Are you making a runway for a real airplane? Because that is assuming you are basically making a small airport like in a small town where it has a small office and a hanger for the plane.

Building a 5,000-by-75-foot runway and accompanying ramp and taxiway that can accommodate a large-cabin business jet can cost $10 million or more in a colder climate once you factor in surveying, permitting, engineering, marking, designing a GPS instrument approach, and installation of lighting, a fuel farm, and a hangar.

If you are making a strip so you can do speed runs it will cost you much much less than that as you won't need the GPS stuff, lighting a fuel farm or a hanger.
@kaladeth is looking for space to speed run his Big Rock

Allow me to save you about $8.4Million
with something that'll give you more bang for your buck..

Buy a house that has driveway & private access to their own (already built) runaway.

3,700sqft ,3 bedroom 2 bath

For $1.6M

View attachment 356576

It's a smart investment..
That's what I would do , after I win the Mega Lotto! 🤣💥👍
Horseshoe Bay, TX! Love it.

Let us know when you get it, we can have a speed run party!

Apparently one can also rent a runway for ~$525 an hour. Max 15 people.

https://giggster.com/listing/desert-runway

Back