1/7 Scale 2WD Drag car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaSL0WNESS

Reaction score
I'm pretty much only interested in drag racing.. and its said the big cars need 4wd and gyros to go fast. So challenge accepted lol. Using a Mojave chassis & Limitless suspension.. my own 1/7 "Street eliminator" car.
20230411_171128.jpg
20230411_171245.jpg
20230411_171323.jpg
20230411_171435.jpg

Yeah its a Max5 on a 4070 2200kv. 7S for now. Have only put it on the ground once with this system and broke diff soon as I tried getting the prep tighter and tune more aggressive but already saw 96mph in 132ft.

Definitely not in the 1.5s or faster yet.. ill leave that task for this one for now 🤣
FB_IMG_1681257063215.jpg

Got ya. I get mine to hook w NP so I was confused👍
I like my foams lasting more than 2 or 3 usable hits. I'll never run dry tire lol

How well does that Max5 respond to throttle curve changes? Do you think you can achieve the same or better results with Castle stuff and using a laptop? I ask because all my stuff is Castle.. and is there a budget radio that will allow me to make changes or do you have to step up to Futaba to do that? I was planning on just using my laptop and the Castle program because I can't afford to get into a new rx/tx right now... and i told you, that car will break into the 1.5 club in no time!!!!🤘

How well does that Max5 respond to throttle curve changes? Do you think you can achieve the same or better results with Castle stuff and using a laptop? I ask because all my stuff is Castle.. and is there a budget radio that will allow me to make changes or do you have to step up to Futaba to do that? I was planning on just using my laptop and the Castle program because I can't afford to get into a new rx/tx right now... and i told you, that car will break into the 1.5 club in no time!!!!🤘

Yeah it definitely responds to throttle curve changes. That's what I mainly focused on tuning last night. I'm using the radiolink rc8x which gives 9 points of curve adjustment.

I will tell you I about gave up on this esc in my 4wd prep cars though. I ran this same esc and 2200kv TP motor in a limitless and I had to run way less gear to get it to pull out of prep and only ever went a 1.66. In a Hobao VTE2 it was a little better but still had to gear it pretty conservatively or it would wanna cut right off the hit.

I really didn't think this car would have 1.5s in it but last night definitely showed me something. Still on 7S and 95% epa, no punch in the esc.

Are you running prep on the front and rear tires with the 4wd cars, or just the rear tires? Would you favor the Max5 over a MMX8S with a good cap pack?

Are you running prep on the front and rear tires with the 4wd cars, or just the rear tires? Would you favor the Max5 over a MMX8S with a good cap pack?

I prep all 4 tires. And nah I like the mmx8s over the max5 myself. I like being able to see logs and its a smaller footprint.

I've heard you can over cell the max5's though and run 10s 🤷‍♂️

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back