11300 mAh Lipo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Outcast 8s
I have a passport Ultra P2 charger. It goes up to 10A then returns to zero. Question can I still charge a Lipo that is 11300 mAh? If so how does that work.

IMG_7530.jpeg

Yup, if it’s a 10amp charger it’ll just take a little longer because you’re not charging at 1C.

You can figure out the wattage needed to charge a given battery at 1C by taking the battery capacity in amps (11.3A) and multiplying it by the volts (14.8), giving you ~168W to charge in around an hour from an uncharged battery (more or less). So you would want to find a charger that can do at LEAST 168W (per channel, if it can charge more than 1 battery at a time) if you want it to charge faster. At that point you're basically looking at a DC charger + DC power supply. So, $$$.

That being said, 10A is close enough IMO - my old charger I just sold was only 7A/80W per channel so even my modest sized 5000mAh 4S batteries couldn't hit 1C charge rate (correction - it could, but I couldn't even throw the max charger amperage at it, 5.3A was the max). But in the event you are looking for a faster charger, make sure it does over ~12amps and at least ~168W. If you were only able to send it, say, 5A like my old charger, you would definitely want to look into an upgrade since it would take well over 2 hours to charge a single battery.

You can figure out the wattage needed to charge a given battery at 1C by taking the battery capacity in amps (11.3A) and multiplying it by the volts (14.8), giving you ~168W to charge in around an hour from an uncharged battery (more or less). So you would want to find a charger that can do at LEAST 168W (per channel, if it can charge more than 1 battery at a time) if you want it to charge faster. At that point you're basically looking at a DC charger + DC power supply. So, $$$.

That being said, 10A is close enough IMO - my old charger I just sold was only 7A/80W per channel so even my modest sized 5000mAh 4S batteries couldn't hit 1C charge rate (correction - it could, but I couldn't even throw the max charger amperage at it, 5.3A was the max). But in the event you are looking for a faster charger, make sure it does over ~12amps and at least ~168W. If you were only able to send it, say, 5A like my old charger, you would definitely want to look into an upgrade since it would take well over 2 hours to charge a single battery.

He is limited to 100w of charging power so assuming a 4s lipo he will never hit 10A.

That being said a 11300mah battery is going to be rather large and heavy so with the added capacity and weight the likelihood of the power system overheating before you hit LVC is highly possible if it even fits the battery tray.

He is limited to 100w of charging power so assuming a 4s lipo he will never hit 10a.
Ah, I missed that part (and I didn't look up the charger). Yeah that's low for that battery, for sure. I replaced my old charger with a gensacearespammers iMars D300 and it hits 150W per channel AC. Very nice piece indeed. Those massive capacity LiPos sure need a lot of juice though to charge in any reasonable amount of time.
My point to OP was, if he wants to charge it at at least 1C, he needs to look at the wattage since most chargers will hit at least 10A, but are limited by the wattage.

He is limited to 100w of charging power so assuming a 4s lipo he will never hit 10A.

That being said a 11300mah battery is going to be rather large and heavy so with the added capacity and weight the likelihood of the power system overheating before you hit LVC is highly possible if it even fits the battery tray.
+1
No getting around that.

Ah, I missed that part (and I didn't look up the charger). Yeah that's low for that battery, for sure. I replaced my old charger with a gensacearespammers iMars D300 and it hits 150W per channel AC. Very nice piece indeed. Those massive capacity LiPos sure need a lot of juice though to charge in any reasonable amount of time.
My point to OP was, if he wants to charge it at at least 1C, he needs to look at the wattage since most chargers will hit at least 10A, but are limited by the wattage.
Like I mentioned a battery that size will probably not even fit the battery tray on the Granite Voltage.

Like I mentioned a battery that size will probably not even fit the battery tray on the Granite Voltage.

My son's (10/8) both have them. When I get in ill measure the tray. I can tell you that the tray won't accept much bigger then a standard 6 cell size nihm battery though.

Edit- 1.75W X 1 1/8H x 5.5Lis max what will fit the Voltage...
My 2s battery is 137x25x43mm and is perfect.

20230711_153505.jpg

Last edited:
My son's (10/8) both have them. When I get in ill measure the tray. I can tell you that the tray won't accept much bigger then a standard 6 cell size nihm battery though.

Edit- 1.75W X 1 1/8H x 5.5Lis max what will fit the Voltage...
My 2s battery is 137x25x43mm and is perfect.

View attachment 310777
Yeah the voltage tray isn't very big.

Wow thats a decent price. I never look at SMC cause I thought everything they had was super expensive

I’ve found that they’re priced at a lower price point for the quality you get vs a lot of packs out there. Sure you can get cheaper, but I’ve found there’s a lot of downsides in my personal experience. I fly mostly EDF jets which are pretty notorious amp hogs and I get more power, for longer, at a lighter weight with their packs. The lower cost is a just a bonus. I also have a Traxxas Sledge and use their 5800 6s pack which is like half the price of the Traxxas packs and I get way more power.

Thanks for the heads up...I went with the 11300 MaH lipo. This is the recommended size from SMC for the O8S...Fits perfect, and yes it is heavy..lol!

Thanks for the heads up...I went with the 11300 MaH lipo. This is the recommended size from SMC for the O8S...Fits perfect, and yes it is heavy..lol!

So this is for an Outcast 8s? Not a Granite Voltage Mega? Why is this in the Arrma Voltage section?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back