135amp battery ok for 150amp esc?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam6s

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
In the new Arrmas the esc is rated 150amps, my SMC 4 and 6s Lipos are 135amp, is this too close for comfort or safe to run?

In the new Arrmas the esc is rated 150amps, my SMC 4 and 6s Lipos are 135amp, is this too close for comfort or safe to run?

I have them and ran about 10 packs so far with no problem. The 4s I run is 149amp 7400mAh single and I just ordered another. I am new however and didn’t take this into consideration.

Last edited:
Hopefully someone will chime in and give us some information, hopefully I’m not running a battery that’s going to cause problems,, loving the Senton!!

Hopefully someone will chime in and give us some information, hopefully I’m not running a battery that’s going to cause problems,, loving the Senton!!

I’m sure it’s fine. I mean esc is rated for 150amp and I’ve been bashing the crap out of it with 4s 149amp, no problems.

Battery ratings are kind of silly... Even the new SMC "True Amps" ratings. Read what SMC says - that is not the most amps it can output, just what it can do CONSTANT for the whole Mah of the pack without overheating... And we don't run 150a or even 100a constant in our cars. Bursts of about 1/2 second, then maybe yes, but that amp rating is not for burst. They don't list that, so you have to fall back to the C-rating on the pack.

Most people get about 20minutes out of a 5000mah pack in our rigs. The math says that averages out to about 15 amps, constant. (5 mah - 5 Amp/Hours i.e. the battery can run 5 amps for one hour when drained it's rated capacity. so 20 minutes is .33% of an hour, so 15ams average.)

The whole "True Amps" / constant amp thing is more for the quad guys - they pull big amps, with occasional bursts of really big amps - there is no coasting in quad flying, at least not for very long. Coasting = free fall. :)

Thank you for the info, so 90C or 100C is safe for our Arrmas? Sorry I’m a little new to the electronics game but trying to learn best I can!
Thanks again

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back