My kraton is eating diffs and I don't jump it!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm..cheese to go with the chocolate syrup? Not sure that's a good mix, sounds gross. Who am I to judge?🤷‍♂️🤣
In the above video, there is a whole lot of movement going on with the pinion shaft for sure! Something is amiss there. I'm guessing the input cup is too far away from the gearbox, allowing too much freeplay of the input shaft.. You got some water and dirt getting in there it appears by the color of the grease. Make sure the screws that hold the gearbox to the chassis are good and tight. Loose screws there will allow dirt and water to enter the gearbox easily.
That's the chocolate puddin!

I was pretty sure that was all tight and shimmed when I put it together but I'll have to disassemble and see what I did! Would you you shim behind the bb in the bulkhead?
Yes in side the bulk head. Shim goes in-between the input gear and the bearing.
Don't forget to look up on YouTube,
Shimming arrma 6s differentials.

Shims? Really guys?? Bearings are all shot to sh!t.

1) Rip it all apart one diff assembly at a time not to get parts mixed up.
2) Buy quality set of bearings. Arrma units are cheap and shouldn’t be touched. Don’t be cheap and reuse beatings. They are considered lifecycle parts. Personally, I prefer Avid Revolution units ($1 a piece).
3) Wash every single part. Carb cleaner and compressed works wonders.
4) Throw away anything that is loose, chipped, and/or broken. Have doubts on a part? Post pic(s) here a qualified people will steer you in the right direction.
5) Make a list of parts needed and make your credit card cry.

There is nothing you can show us that one among us hasn’t already encountered and found a solution to.

Last edited:
You got some water and dirt getting in there it appears by the color of the grease. Make sure the screws that hold the gearbox to the chassis are good and tight. Loose screws there will allow dirt and water to enter the gearbox easily.
Get some gasket material to keep dirt out of the bulkheads.
I used 2mm thick sheets. Cut to fit.

IMG_20231027_103058361.jpg

Get some gasket material to keep dirt out of the bulkheads.
I used 2mm thick sheets. Cut to fit.

View attachment 328600
Good idea. I see some manufacturers use gaskets as standard, others don't. Never a bad idea to seal with a gasket I'd say. I put a thin layer of grease around the bottom of the gearbox case where it sits against the chassis. Seems to work pretty well. Think the most important thing is making sure the mounting screws are tight.

^^^
Yeah some grease always worked for me. It will control sand or dirt ingress fine enough. And yes the screws can loosen with hard hits, Keep them tight Checking after every bash. The slightest loose chassis bulkhead screws will open things up for Dirt to enter.
If you run in water and snow, a gasket is better suited.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back