2019/09/02 - Bash at the bmx track and skate park with my outcast and ERBEv2.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

Bash Break Repeat!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Outcast 6s
The outcast had a rough time of it. Busted the brand new LP wing mount, fried an almost new rear diff, lost a wheel nut. Sure looked good going through the air though:
First set of packs:

Second set:

The ERBEv2 did pretty well. Broke one shock piston, a tierod end and the pinion moved on me at the very end.
First set:

Third set:

Found another skate park. Too many kids there though so I only ran one truck and left. Kind of a "go big" or don't bother place though. The only good jumps without obstacles in the way really sent the truck to the moon.
Second set:

I had a good laugh when you smoked that electrical box :ROFLMAO:

Subbd

Yeah, took me a bit for my brain to catch up with my snickering. My depth perception blows!

It's hard to see, but it left a good dent in it.

2019-0902-Outcast-Dekalb-UtilityBoxDent.jpg

Nice vids Brian. Noticed that you lost the right rear wheel. Did it smoke the plastic hub on the wheel? It's happened to me three times in the last month, and fried the wheel each time, always the same right rear wheel. Ended up putting red loctite on the nut, so if it happens again, then there's really nothing I can do to stop it. Problem is that you don't know it's happening til it's too late. Lost two HR nuts as well. Loctite holding up for the last 3 packs. Also, about your videos, I noticed you stand pretty far back from where you launch the trucks. Aren't you worried about the spot of take off or is it just so wide open that you it doesn't matter?

Nice vids Brian. Noticed that you lost the right rear wheel. Did it smoke the plastic hub on the wheel? It's happened to me three times in the last month, and fried the wheel each time, always the same right rear wheel. Ended up putting red loctite on the nut, so if it happens again, then there's really nothing I can do to stop it. Problem is that you don't know it's happening til it's too late. Lost two HR nuts as well. Loctite holding up for the last 3 packs. Also, about your videos, I noticed you stand pretty far back from where you launch the trucks. Aren't you worried about the spot of take off or is it just so wide open that you it doesn't matter?
No, the hex was fine, so it must have came loose and the nut fell off quickly. I had put the wheels on that morning, so likely I either didn't crank them down or wait long enough for the TL to dry as I've never had one come off before on that.

Not sure what you mean about "so wide open". I have a tendency of forgetting I have a camera and drive further away than what is overly visible in the footage. The BMX and skate park I usually bash at are typically empty when I'm there, so I don't have to worry much about hitting anyone... other than myself.

No, the hex was fine, so it must have came loose and the nut fell off quickly. I had put the wheels on that morning, so likely I either didn't crank them down or wait long enough for the TL to dry as I've never had one come off before on that.

Not sure what you mean about "so wide open". I have a tendency of forgetting I have a camera and drive further away than what is overly visible in the footage. The BMX and skate park I usually bash at are typically empty when I'm there, so I don't have to worry much about hitting anyone... other than myself.
What I meant about wide open, is where you are taking off from and where it would land. In the fields where you bash, I can see it being no problem, but at your primary skate park, you launch in three different areas, two of which have a lot of trees in the path. Just wondering how you choose your line when sending it in their direction.

What I meant about wide open, is where you are taking off from and where it would land. In the fields where you bash, I can see it being no problem, but at your primary skate park, you launch in three different areas, two of which have a lot of trees in the path. Just wondering how you choose your line when sending it in their direction.
Ah, there's a bit of a gap between the trees and as long as I don't hit the one jump at WOT, it stays low enough to not hit the branches. The other jumps at the skate park don't have the trees close enough to be an issue. Just the one where I jump the walk path and the ditch is the only spot I have to be that careful at. I have clipped the trees a few times in previous videos. I've even slammed into the tree once or twice just due to a bad lineup. I usually don't have that issue with the outcast as it's pretty stable when I get higher speeds. My savage flux is a bit sketchy and I've hit the tree a couple times with it.

At the bmx, my primary concern is landing on the face of another jump as that usually bends/breaks stuff, so I just have to not pin it on some of the jumps so it doesn't go too far. What kind of screwed me up a bit during this video is that the grass was wet. you can see in some of the high speed stuff in the distance it looks like the truck is smoking. That's water spray. That was slowing me down more than I'd anticipate so I was shorting the jumps sometimes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back