TT-02 good for street racing/bashing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the heads up with the input gears
Yeah they are hard to get. I know. Most Parts are.
The TA TC line would be way costly these days with all the tech they used back then. Super light Carbon composite . Stuff was mad rigid and strong. Precision was spot on. The design wasn't perfect. And compared to todays TC's. I found it a very hard RC to drive on a Carpet track, when I last raced it. With Brushed/Nims no less. In the early 2000's:LOL:
The $XRay$ is hard to beat nowadays.
Typhon can do most anything. Slammed can do speed runs no issues. The Typhon based platform was the original Speed run record holder if I am correct. Before Arrma even had their 1/7 All Road Line.

Last edited:
I plan to put together my pre-painted GT3 sometime this Spring. I already ordered stainless steel bearings from Jim’s Bearings (this should be mandatory for each and every 1/10 Tamiya kit). My plan is to keep it legal for my local club for TT-02 class.

The Tekno buggy isn't a serious option I'm considering. That was more of me saying that I know it would well handle the type of tracks we make and that it's always a delight when I drive my other teknos, so I know i likely wouldn't be disappointed with it's driving.

The tt02 comes in because I am looking for exactly what we've been describing in this thread: smaller (to utilize a more manageable track size), cheaper, and geared towards flatter/stable driving on pavements or flat surfaces.

Sounds like from what i've been reading, the tt02 meets those categories pretty well.

1/10 truggy or buggy on pavement cant hold a candle to most any 2s 1/10 TC. Just go watch some TC Race events. These things are rockets on rails. Still very Popular events in the EU and Asia. Speeds of 72 mph on the straights is common with these pros. Tamiya is known for their awesome track in Japan.

That actually isn't far off the size track we normally make, that's maybe 2/3 or half of the parking lot we have available. Though i'm sure the parking lot is no where near as prepped/clean of a surface as that race track is. And we are, of course, more limited in usable track size since we don't have a "stand" to provide an aerial view. Mostly we are limited in field of view as when the truck get too far away, getting a feel for their direction and speed is much harder when you're standing on the ground.

The tt01/2 chassis are the only tamiya touring cars I ended up selling - I have collected all the TA/TB series and if you find one used are much better value although the parts support for the tt series is great. I would look into the rllarlo ak917 or ak787 - the metal and carbon versions are amazing values. They are 1/10 scale like the tamiyas but they can easily handle 4s (or even 6s), have a higher ride height, and are designed for street bashing/speed runs. If you want something a little larger the arrma vendettas were great options as well. I rarely run my tamiyas except on very smooth roads or basketball/tennis courts.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back