2050kv is 1700kv help me understand

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony jaques

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Vendetta
As I dig deeper into learning about motors and escs I've found that the 2050kv spektrum is actually 1700kv at 5050w how is this done I suspect it has to do with timing any ideas

its more like 1900kv and they call it 2050 which everyone mistakes for kv.

16947466341493382366315426450172.jpg
well it does say 2050kv so that is confusing I do see the xsm 1700 though

As I dig deeper into learning about motors and escs I've found that the 2050kv spektrum is actually 1700kv at 5050w how is this done I suspect it has to do with timing any ideas
If you are keeping a rig close to stock and not going overboard, I have found the 2050kv performs well. To make the motor last, I do feel the stock timing set too high, so I bring that down and keep good bearings in the motor....oh keep the motor temp low.

I cannot say it is timing for the boost not sure. More so for me, the timing is too high for bashing. Changing the timing I have read is about the same as adding another tooth to the rig and the opposite when decreasing the timing.

People have tested them with motor analyser here on the forums and they are all in the 1920kv range
Does that account for voltage sag when using motor analyzer? Or does it have a power supply that gives constant voltage?

Does that account for voltage sag when using motor analyzer? Or does it have a power supply that gives constant voltage?
No load and therefor hardly any voltage sag. kv is always an approximation.

Under load (and 5050w is a lot of load for a 4272 motor) efficiency drops, heat kicks in, voltage sag, high rpm saturation, so many factors that will make your netto rpm go down. You can't say just kv dropping.
High timing adds heat which again affects efficiency.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back