2WD vs 4WD Bashing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigRockAlpha

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Senton 3s
Does anybody remove their driveshaft to run 2WD? I see some tracks don't allow 4WD. Any benefit to running 2WD for burnouts or donuts or for any reason?

If you are doing it with a 3s there is no center diff. Yes, mine currently has the center drive shaft out. It suck's driving in dirt, but maybe that's cause I have 30wt in my rear diff. I just slide around in dirt. I would probably be fine in dirt with stock 10k in the rear. Its super fun on asphalt though. You burn throught tires faster.

I'm thinking of getting a Team Associated Trophy Rat so I can see what 2WD bashing is like.
The Losi 22S is actually a better truck. I had both of the TA 2WD SCT based trucks (SC10, Trophy Rat), and my brother has an SC10, and my 22S always seems to be better in every case except extreme cold. They don't like head on, full speed, smacks into piles of ice, but, none of my trucks do. I haven't found the brushless 22S anywhere lately, but, the brushed is still available last time i checked, and they are brushless ready. I have 3 2WD SCT's (Losi 22S, Arrma Fury, Racers Edge Pro2/Team C TS2), and, one thing you learn quick is throttle control, unless you like nearly constant donuts, even on asphalt, even on 2S. 3S the donuts just happen much faster. I actually prefer 2WD over 4WD, because for years all i ran was 2WD in any RC i owned. I only got into 4WD because i found a couple trucks dirt cheap.
Does anybody remove their driveshaft to run 2WD? I see some tracks don't allow 4WD. Any benefit to running 2WD for burnouts or donuts or for any reason?
Anytime i have tried that, mainly on a DHK Hobby Hunter, i broke things, including the rear and center diff, and bent the rear main driveshaft.

Any time I have tried to run a 4wd vehicle as 2wd it always handled like complete crap. Iirc it has to do with the front suspension geometry.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back