Vendetta Vendetta 3S BLX Discontinued

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No need to start a second thread asking why the Vendetta was discontinued.
Still learning to navigate the forum, I was not aware of another thread, but it seems everyone is in the same blank space as me regarding its discontinuation.
Now for upgrades,
Do you own a Vendetta yourself? If so, what are some of the first things you've done to it?

Still learning to navigate the forum, I was not aware of another thread, but it seems everyone is in the same blank space as me regarding its discontinuation.
Now for upgrades,
Do you own a Vendetta yourself? If so, what are some of the first things you've done to it?
Nope I refuse to buy any more cars based on that platform because I already 2 of the design flaw riddle piles of crap.

Nope I refuse to buy any more cars based on that platform because I already 2 of the design flaw riddle piles of crap.
Oh.. I see. The Vendetta and Infraction are my first real RC cars. Before those I only had a 1/12 scale chinese buggy that only kept me interested in the hobby. For me the Vendetta is night and day from what I had prior lol. What are some of the design flaws and bad experiences you've had with the platform? And what are the cars that you own?

Now for upgrades,
First thing to do? ....Sell it.
It is a teaser to get you all into the better stuff anyway. They are being discontinued for a reason. Think about it.
Then Buy a 1/7 Lim or Infr.
All the mods you will want/need to do with the 'Detta are already there done out the box with the Arrma 1/7 All Road platform. Tire choices are way better with the 1/7 ones also. You will be eating tires anyway. And some of the Detta size tires are even close in price to the larger 1/7 ones.
1/7 Line is a mature proven platform, that you can run on 3s, 4s, or 6s+. out the box. You pay for what you get. Not getting much with the Detta to be honest. I would keep the Detta very simple if you want to keep it. Don't put all your $apples$ into it. Have fun with it as is.
Only my opinion.
Take it with a grain of salt if you so choose.
:cool:

Last edited:
Oh.. I see. The Vendetta and Infraction are my first real RC cars. Before those I only had a 1/12 scale chinese buggy that only kept me interested in the hobby. For me the Vendetta is night and day from what I had prior lol. What are some of the design flaws and bad experiences you've had with the platform? And what are the cars that you own?
To me, the vendetta was worth the 200 sale price and no more. I have a Notorious, big rock, TLR Typhon, and now the Vendetta, so I don't have much on street car experience and my preference is bashing around off road and rough ovals. For me The Vendetta is perfect because it was cheap and scratched the on-road itch. I'll never upgrade or buy bodies for this guy, straight stock if anything breaks. The 6s platforms are just night and day between the Vendetta or Big Rock style 3s platform, but it is simpler to fix and maintain the 3s, so it's a good way to build confidence both in driving and repair before getting deep into a Limitless or Infraction, in my opinion. Those platforms are worth sinking time and money into.

Sorry didn't mean to come across like an ass and completely not answer your question.

For mods if I had one first thing I would replace is the body, because to me it is really really fugly. Rip out the stock electronics, toss in a high end servo, Castle Mamba X esc not sure on motor. Put in a spool if it doesn't already have one. And get some of the 3D printed air dams to keep the air from under the body because iirc the Vendetta does not have any.

Lower bulkheads should not be integrated into the chassis.
Shock towers should not be integrated into the upper bulkhead.
The entire power module, it is too small to accommodate a center diff which is desperately needed for off road applications. It traps dirt inside of itself requiring complete teardowns and rebuilds of the power module and motor bearings every 3-4 runs. There are many homebrew fixes floating around the web that supposedly fix this issue but none have worked for me.
The lack of servo saver integrated into the bell crank. The servo mounted servo saver "works" but just barely enough to get by. Servo mounted servos savers are fine on 1/10 2wd and small scale cars but they just aren't really up to snuff on vehicles that are this heavy imho.
Shock rod ends being molded to the shock rods instead of being threaded like every other rc on the planet. They did fix this on the Vorteks not sure about the Infraction or Vendetta though.

These are the cars I currently own.
Arrma Outcast 6s
Arrma Kraton 6s
Arrma Kraton 6s EXB
Arrma Fireteam
Arrma Senton 3s
Arrma Typhon 3s
Axial SCX10-II
Axial SCX24
Ecx Ruckus 1/18
Ecx Ruckus 1/10 2wd
FS Racing Marauder
HPI Vorza Flux
Jegs Holeshot
LC Racing EMB-1
LC Racing EMB-T
Losi 1/14 Desert Truck
Team Associated RC10 B2
Tekno ET48.3
Traxxas Bandit VXL
Traxxas Rustler VXL
Traxxas Stampede VXL
Traxxas Slashpede 4x4 VXL
Traxxas Summit 1/16
Traxxas Summit 1/10
Vaterra Kalahari
WL Toys 144001
WL Toys 12427

I used to have.
Hpi Firestorm 10T nitro
Ecx 1/18 Ruckus
Team Associated Apex Scion tC
Traxxas Mini E Revo VXL

First thing to do? ....Sell it.
It is a teaser to get you all into the better stuff anyway. They are being discontinued for a reason. Think about it.
Then Buy a 1/7 Lim or Infr.
All the mods you will want/need to do with the 'Detta are already there done out the box with the Arrma 1/7 All Road platform. Tire choices are way better with the 1/7 ones also. You will be eating tires anyway. And some of the Detta size tires are even close in price to the larger 1/7 ones.
1/7 Line is a mature proven platform, that you can run on 3s, 4s, or 6s+. out the box. You pay for what you get. Not getting much with the Detta to be honest. I would keep the Detta very simple if you want to keep it. Don't put all your $apples$ into it. Have fun with it as is.
Only my opinion.
Take it with a grain of salt if you so choose.
:cool:
I see where youre getting at. I was already looking at the Felony from the 1/7 line up because that body looks choice 👌 I will probably stay relatively simple on the Vendetta, by what I'm hearing its not worth putting any real kind of bread into. I do appreciate you sharing your opinion/advice regarding the Vendetta with me!

Sorry didn't mean to come across like an ass and completely not answer your question.

For mods if I had one first thing I would replace is the body, because to me it is really really fugly. Rip out the stock electronics, toss in a high end servo, Castle Mamba X esc not sure on motor. Put in a spool if it doesn't already have one. And get some of the 3D printed air dams to keep the air from under the body because iirc the Vendetta does not have any.

Lower bulkheads should not be integrated into the chassis.
Shock towers should not be integrated into the upper bulkhead.
The entire power module, it is too small to accommodate a center diff which is desperately needed for off road applications. It traps dirt inside of itself requiring complete teardowns and rebuilds of the power module and motor bearings every 3-4 runs. There are many homebrew fixes floating around the web that supposedly fix this issue but none have worked for me.
The lack of servo saver integrated into the bell crank. The servo mounted servo saver "works" but just barely enough to get by. Servo mounted servos savers are fine on 1/10 2wd and small scale cars but they just aren't really up to snuff on vehicles that are this heavy imho.
Shock rod ends being molded to the shock rods instead of being threaded like every other rc on the planet. They did fix this on the Vorteks not sure about the Infraction or Vendetta though.

These are the cars I currently own.
Arrma Outcast 6s
Arrma Kraton 6s
Arrma Kraton 6s EXB
Arrma Fireteam
Arrma Senton 3s
Arrma Typhon 3s
Axial SCX10-II
Axial SCX24
Ecx Ruckus 1/18
Ecx Ruckus 1/10 2wd
FS Racing Marauder
HPI Vorza Flux
Jegs Holeshot
LC Racing EMB-1
LC Racing EMB-T
Losi 1/14 Desert Truck
Team Associated RC10 B2
Tekno ET48.3
Traxxas Bandit VXL
Traxxas Rustler VXL
Traxxas Stampede VXL
Traxxas Slashpede 4x4 VXL
Traxxas Summit 1/16
Traxxas Summit 1/10
Vaterra Kalahari
WL Toys 144001
WL Toys 12427

I used to have.
Hpi Firestorm 10T nitro
Ecx 1/18 Ruckus
Team Associated Apex Scion tC
Traxxas Mini E Revo VXL
No you're good! Didn't come across like an ass to me, your response made me laugh honestly.

And thank you for the mod list too. I was looking at side splitters for it, I made a front splitter at my shop out of aluminum just to keep the body from SCRAPING the floor after any slight braking lol. It turned out very well. And Im surprised at the opinions regarding the body. I love it because it reminds me of GTP cars! I'll probably hold off on upgrading electronics for now until I feel the need to go faster, I haven't even put the speed gearing in it, but then again I'm not used to going 50+ mph on an RC car lol.

Also you are very valid on the issues listed. I guess I never really took a moment to break down the design of the chassis. I never took them into consideration until now. I actually really appreciate you letting me know of some of the issues of the design for this platform.

Your cars list is epic 🤘 Kraton or Felony are possibly my next purchases 👀 is the Kraton as fun as I believe it to be? and whats your opinion towards Arrma and Traxxas. Is there a brand you like over the other?
To me, the vendetta was worth the 200 sale price and no more. I have a Notorious, big rock, TLR Typhon, and now the Vendetta, so I don't have much on street car experience and my preference is bashing around off road and rough ovals. For me The Vendetta is perfect because it was cheap and scratched the on-road itch. I'll never upgrade or buy bodies for this guy, straight stock if anything breaks. The 6s platforms are just night and day between the Vendetta or Big Rock style 3s platform, but it is simpler to fix and maintain the 3s, so it's a good way to build confidence both in driving and repair before getting deep into a Limitless or Infraction, in my opinion. Those platforms are worth sinking time and money into.
Yeah all around bashing was actually my original intent in getting into RCs lol. The price of the Vendetta seemed worth it so I pulled the trigger on it. I'm new to RC all around and honestly road bashing is pretty sweet in its own. I originally looked at getting into the big rock a couple months back but kind of set my eyes on getting a Kraton after some research on each. I will probably stay stock on Vendetta too since its still faster than Im used to lol. Once I feel I have enough confidence zipping around and maintaining the Vendetta and Infraction I'll move forward to bigger and bigger things 🤘😎

Last edited:
No you're good! Didn't come across like an ass to me, your response made me laugh honestly.

And thank you for the mod list too. I was looking at side splitters for it, I made a front splitter at my shop out of aluminum just to keep the body from SCRAPING the floor after any slight braking lol. It turned out very well. And Im surprised at the opinions regarding the body. I love it because it reminds me of GTP cars! I'll probably hold off on upgrading electronics for now until I feel the need to go faster, I haven't even put the speed gearing in it, but then again I'm not used to going 50+ mph on an RC car lol.

Also you are very valid on the issues listed. I guess I never really took a moment to break down the design of the chassis. I never took them into consideration until now. I actually really appreciate you letting me know of some of the issues of the design for this platform.

Your cars list is epic 🤘 Kraton or Felony are possibly my next purchases 👀 is the Kraton as fun as I believe it to be? and whats your opinion towards Arrma and Traxxas. Is there a brand you like over the other?

Yeah all around bashing was actually my original intent in getting into RCs lol. The price of the Vendetta seemed worth it so I pulled the trigger on it. I'm new to RC all around and honestly road bashing is pretty sweet in its own. I originally looked at getting into the big rock a couple months back but kind of set my eyes on getting a Kraton after some research on each. I will probably stay stock on Vendetta too since its still faster than Im used to lol. Once I feel I have enough confidence zipping around and maintaining the Vendetta and Infraction I'll move forward to bigger and bigger things 🤘😎

I liked the Kraton 6s EXB so much that I bought a 6s RTR. I've had my Outcast since 2017 and purchased the Kraton EXB in late 2021. I don't really drive the Outcast as much anymore because the Kraton just handles so much better.

Arrma VS Traxxas is the same as Chevy VS Ford, they both make really nice products and they both make products that are not very good. The direction Horizon is heading they aren't much better than Traxxas all they need is to file a few lawsuits against someone and they will be exactly the same.

It is well worth to note that not a single car on that list is stock.

I liked the Kraton 6s EXB so much that I bought a 6s RTR. I've had my Outcast since 2017 and purchased the Kraton EXB in late 2021. I don't really drive the Outcast as much anymore because the Kraton just handles so much better.

Arrma VS Traxxas is the same as Chevy VS Ford, they both make really nice products and they both make products that are not very good. The direction Horizon is heading they aren't much better than Traxxas all they need is to file a few lawsuits against someone and they will be exactly the same.

It is well worth to note that not a single car on that list is stock.
🤣 that was the best analogy for it thanks. If Horizon is just a few lawsuits away from being like Traxxas Ill open up my head more to their products. I just didn't like what I heard about their business practices.

Even better to hear they are modified, let's me know there was time and thought put into the builds that only made them better for you!
I would assume the better handling on the Kraton came from the longer wheelbase. And if you buying a Kraton RTR doesn't tell me its worth it, nothing will lol.

6s slayer!! 💯

IMG_20230609_200250745.jpg

Last edited:
🤣 that was the best analogy for it thanks. If Horizon is just a few lawsuits away from being like Traxxas Ill open up my head more to their products. I just didn't like what I heard about their business practices.

Even better to hear they are modified, let's me know there was time and thought put into the builds that only made them better for you!
I would assume the better handling on the Kraton came from the longer wheelbase. And if you buying a Kraton RTR doesn't tell me its worth it, nothing will lol.
Yeah the longer wheelbase helps so much in the handling compared to the short wheelbase.

Oh ya,,,I crashed out on this run trying to slow it down..no mph reading,but had to be close to 170..
🤧 crazy pass. Sorry to hear it crashed. The way it flashed by it must have been going that fast. I can only imagine seeing that speed in person lol.
How long have you been into RC?

🤧 crazy pass. Sorry to hear it crashed. The way it flashed by it must have been going that fast. I can only imagine seeing that speed in person lol.
How long have you been into RC?
Crashing is part of it...lol. I got Into it when covid hit a few years ago..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back