Big Rock 3s BLX Spur Upgrade?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Contrakt

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Mojave
I know I know you’ve probably seen this a time or two and I tried to hold off making a thread and figuring it out myself... but I can’t lol.

Plastic 57T spur gears come in the 4x4 BLX vehicles, I put the BLX 185 6S system in it and after a few bash sessions, completely stripped every single tooth (completely and utterly rounded off) off of my spur gear. I had my suspicions it might happen, and it did.

The slipper and spur assembly is like nothing I’ve seen before, and after some googling I found no real obvious drop-in upgrades. I’d like a metal spur. What’s a guy do?

I know I know you’ve probably seen this a time or two and I tried to hold off making a thread and figuring it out myself... but I can’t lol.

Plastic 57T spur gears come in the 4x4 BLX vehicles, I put the BLX 185 6S system in it and after a few bash sessions, completely stripped every single tooth (completely and utterly rounded off) off of my spur gear. I had my suspicions it might happen, and it did.

The slipper and spur assembly is like nothing I’ve seen before, and after some googling I found no real obvious drop-in upgrades. I’d like a metal spur. What’s a guy do?
The 4s spur is metal, everything else is the same.

The 4s spur is metal, everything else is the same.
Ooookay that was pretty easy. Looks like a direct drop in replacement according to my calculations (cross referencing exploded view diagrams). Wow, though, that’s one spendy spur gear.

Ooookay that was pretty easy. Looks like a direct drop in replacement according to my calculations (cross referencing exploded view diagrams). Wow, though, that’s one spendy spur gear.
If you want a drop in unit then yes get it at Jennysrc.com is the best place to get it, check tomorrow if it's out of stock. They restock inventory on Thursdays and check under both the 4s Kraton and Outcast, it's the same for both.

Or like slick said you can just get the metal spur itself from hot racing for a little bit less and reuse everything else you have.

Awesome.... perfect. Big Hot Racing fan and slightly cheaper. Sold!

Really appreciate the help guys, sorry about the stupid question. Idk why I was struggling to find an aftermarket one so much.
Do you know if your slipper has the octagon shaped slipper pads or the castellated ones? You need to get the matching spur. HR makes both styles.

I happened to be busy this week too ? because I am converting my 3s to a 4s.
i ordered a gmp motor mount with a metal spur gear?
But somehow it is skewed ?
no matter what i do so i can't recommend the gmp motor mount.

Hopefully things will go better with the arrma blx motor mount ? which just has to come in.
Because that standard motor mount cannot handle the force and seems to bend by the motor ?

Attachments

• IMG_20200331_145735.jpg
    IMG_20200331_145735.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 86
I happened to be busy this week too ? because I am converting my 3s to a 4s.
i ordered a gmp motor mount with a metal spur gear?
But somehow it is skewed ?
no matter what i do so i can't recommend the gmp motor mount.

Hopefully things will go better with the arrma blx motor mount ? which just has to come in.
Because that standard motor mount cannot handle the force and seems to bend by the motor ?
I honestly can't recommend anything that GPM sells. Except maybe the servo mount, pretty hard to mess that up but I'm sure they could find a way.

I honestly can't recommend anything that GPM sells. Except maybe the servo mount, pretty hard to mess that up but I'm sure they could find a way.

ok well thanks for the tip?
I'm not happy with it either, but I can't do much about that now.
It is a pity because there are not many upgrade parts for a 3s model ?

I just finished swapping the 4s steel slipper into my Granite last night. Make sure you have the correct pinion to go along with it other than that it was a direct swap.

I just finished swapping the 4s steel slipper into my Granite last night. Make sure you have the correct pinion to go along with it other than that it was a direct swap.
What do you mean correct pinion?

Do you have the adjustable motor mount? If not, you will have to drill slots in the stock motor mount to accommodate other pinions.

I have an adjustable motor mount ? works better than that one of gmp ? and I have a 20 pinion ?
Have just ridden it a little today ? and am curious how fast he goes ? because he kept ascending ? try another hood because that senton hood is not suitable for that ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back