3s to 4s motor size

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ericpoy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Hi. I have a typhon 3s. And love running and bashing it. Well I came across a Firma 150 esc and was thinking about beefing up my 3s to 4s .. Will the 3s motors hold up ? Or what moyor should I step up too ? I have pulled the motors apart and added some Fast Eddie's sealed bearings to the 3s motors..

I currently run a cheapo 120a 2s-4s rocket esc and a 4068 2650kv and mine seriously hauls a$$. I think I have a 21t pinion, with the HR steel diff gears and aluminum yoke. It is so fun setup this way I may leave it, I had intended on putting a max 10 or xr8 sct in it, maybe later.....

^
I have the same motor in my typhon 3's paired with the 150 spektrum esc and it definitely hauls ass on 4s. My mx28's came unglued.

You could go with a longer 36mm motor or a 40mm diameter motor as mentioned above. Something in the 2200-2400kV range if you’re going to run on 4S.

Lots of options from those ^^^ Suprass/rocket motors to HW n castle set up’s,

Guess it depends on what you want to spend?
I run a castle MambaX esc with a 1415 2400kv motor. Run 3s most the time but have done 4 plenty of times.

I’m currently running the Spektrum 130A esc with the stock motor. Just been thru two 4s batteries so far. Stripped the ring and pinion on the rear diff and I just put the metal Arrma drop in unit in.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back