4282 & max 8 g2 combo.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodentop

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Mojave EXB
  4. Notorious
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
So after losing a blx 2050 motor and a 4092 due to a bad batch of bearings it's give me a nudge to mix things up a little as ive used up my spares. Anyone with the max 8 g2 combo is it a noticeable difference over the old stock blx system. I suppose the 8.4 option is nice. Be going in my talion which is light anyway. Turbo timing?

Also after a few years in the noto I'm going to pull the 4985/max 6. More for a change than anything else, keep it as a spare. It's also a heavy pig. Lots of m2c etc. Was thinking a 4282 in a higher kv maybe. Available in 1780 and 2150kv flavours here. Maybe a 2150 and gear down a bit. Didn't want a 40/4292 as I may buy a max 8 sized esc to shed some weight. Anyone with that kind of setup? Does it run hot?.

Any thoughts appreciated.

1780kv with the Max8 G2 Sensored ESC, hands down...the way to go.
The 2150kv would be better suited for an On-Road Speed platform, IMHO. Or heat may be an issue, despite HW claiming the G2's run super cool.
Unfortunately HW restricts you to these 2 motor kv's with their respective G2 Proprietary, yet WP Sensor lead.
Wish HW offered one other motor Kv option somewhere in the middle.(y)

Something I didn't think of🤔. Good call. Will be cheaper also. May get one for each then. Have the 2150kv/14t with a max 6 in the mojavified and it's like a rabid dog but it only ever runs on mojave wheels so it stays that biy cooler.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back