4s BLX motor screw help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleFlowRider

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
Yea so I messed up and forgot to locktite my motor endplate screws and ended up losing 2 of them, luckily the last one didn’t back out and explode my motor. I tried to look around on the internet but couldn’t find anything. Any help would be much appreciated.
2AD8F7E7-2410-4D4C-8F4A-1D4BDBD39EC4.jpeg
60391EC5-657A-4952-9806-9A1A06950196.jpeg

The screws which are on the rear of the motor's can are M2x3. The photo doesn't show the screw which close the center gearbox.

I have calipers but I don’t know what type of thread it is

Everything is metric. Set your calipers to metric and find the width and length. That's all you need to know, don't need to know pitch.

Ahh the motor cap screws, not the motor mounting screws. My bad. Now I get it.

There likely isn’t more than one standard thread for an M2 screw.

Yes. But button head screw are more "flat", i don't know is there is much room between the motor's can and the plastic chassis for the screws in your link.
Ok, I just checked that and there is 2-3mm of space between the motor and the chassis, however the screws are mounted in 3 spots not 4 so there is even more room because of the mounting offset
Yes. But button head screw are more "flat", i don't know if there is much room between the motor's can and the plastic chassis for the screws in your link.
Alternatively there is this, https://www.amazon.ca/XunLiu-Grade-...words=m2x3+button+head&qid=1570419299&sr=8-11

The 1/8th scale motors are the same screws. The more that I think about it almost every motor I have uses the same m2x3mm screws on the end cap, except the 3665 ebay motor that has countersunk phillips head screws.

I lost one screw on my original mator even if i locktited it in my blue locktite is crap but its the only one available on stores same brand permatex the same brand white lithium grease who destroyed 3 diffs? But their red locktote is strong as hell

Last edited:
I lost one screw on my original mator even if i locktited it in my blue locktite is crap but its the only one available on stores same brand permatex the same brand white lithium grease who destroyed 3 diffs? But their red locktote is strong as hell
I use nothing but Permatex.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back