Typhon 4s converted typhon gearing questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vblank1040

Reaction score
Hello, fairly new to the hobby. Still learning motor KV and gearing and what not. I have a typhon 3s that I’ve put Kraton 4s electronics in. It’s a 2400kv motor and I plan on using the hot racing slipper eliminator. I planned on using the revo 3.3 38t spur and a 29t pinion. Will this combo work well? Bigger spur gear? Would this even be faster than the stock 3s set up?

Hello, fairly new to the hobby. Still learning motor KV and gearing and what not. I have a typhon 3s that I’ve put Kraton 4s electronics in. It’s a 2400kv motor and I plan on using the hot racing slipper eliminator. I planned on using the revo 3.3 38t spur and a 29t pinion. Will this combo work well? Bigger spur gear? Would this even be faster than the stock 3s set up?
it'll be faster with more volts,but if speex is what your after you really want a castle esc..theat 120a eas wont luke that gearing an they don't handle speed gearing well.it'll most likely cut out an overheat.youll probly do better with less gearing..with castle an good pack it would run about 106mph on 4s
Rc gear calculator for galaxy phones

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230910_190057.jpg
    Screenshot_20230910_190057.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 27
it'll be faster with more volts,but if speex is what your after you really want a castle esc..theat 120a eas wont luke that gearing an they don't handle speed gearing well.it'll most likely cut out an overheat.youll probly do better with less gearing..with castle an good pack it would run about 106mph on 4s
Thanks for the reply! Any suggestions on esc? Will there be any compatibility issues with firma
Thanks for the reply! Any suggestions on Esc? And will there be compatibility issues with the firma 2400kv motor?

I’d recommend a castle ESC if you are after speed. CNHL for batteries personally. Use the slipper eliminator but use a metal spur. Yeah they cost a bit but I have chewed through ever plastic spur when speed running. 29/38 is what I ran and I got 106 but that was on 6s. Not a proper run either. Good luck, it’s going to be an expensive journey

The 6s ESC from Jenny's (6s anything) will work. I use it in my vendetta and my k4sv2.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back