50 and Over Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
I joined the club last December. I didn't even get into RC until I was 39. Any other old dudes out there?

Not 50 but 40 :spiderman: Been in the hobby since 9 years old with a Tamiya blackfoot. I hated mechanical speed controls...

Here come the young guy, 26! But I too just got into the hobby a handful of months ago. I grew up with the walmart rc cars and to me they were great....back then. I went a few years on my other interests before telling myself I need a hobby besides dirtbiking. I was really into watching FPV drones and almost pulled the trigger on one. But realizing the charge only lasted less than 10 minutes, I deciding to go into RC cars.

After watching several Basher's on Youtube and cycling through Rich Duperbash's video playlist, I bought a 1/16 E-Revo on 2S. It was a blast, but way too fragile. Then I heard of Arrma and was digging the long wheel base of the Kraton. Unfortunately it was when Hobbico was going out of business and I REALLY wanted a Kraton. Hopped on E-bay and paid full price for a used one.

Been having way too much fun since. Breaking parts sucks, but it's part of the hobby.

Y'all...send it to the clouds.

Here come the young guy, 26! But I too just got into the hobby a handful of months ago. I grew up with the walmart rc cars and to me they were great....back then. I went a few years on my other interests before telling myself I need a hobby besides dirtbiking. I was really into watching FPV drones and almost pulled the trigger on one. But realizing the charge only lasted less than 10 minutes, I deciding to go into RC cars.

After watching several Basher's on Youtube and cycling through Rich Duperbash's video playlist, I bought a 1/16 E-Revo on 2S. It was a blast, but way too fragile. Then I heard of Arrma and was digging the long wheel base of the Kraton. Unfortunately it was when Hobbico was going out of business and I REALLY wanted a Kraton. Hopped on E-bay and paid full price for a used one.

Been having way too much fun since. Breaking parts sucks, but it's part of the hobby.

Y'all...send it to the clouds.
I got a kid 2 years younger than you, lol. He’s not into RC’s, dirt bikes or cars. Sometimes I think he isn’t mine!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back