50% off Hobbystar motors right now...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dammit…. Logging on…
EDIT: Did Arrma Forum just crash their server? 😂 The page won’t load, and neither will their home page. Maybe it’s a sign from God… 🙄

Well, I did it. Two 42xx motors for less than $100.00? Yup. I now feel financially responsible on one hand for grabbing such a great deal, but irresponsible on the other as I didn’t really need them in the first place.
So I guess it’s a wash.

You would need a bullet adapter as these have 6.5 mm bullets like found on the HW Max 6 or Castle MMX8s
Got it. I'd like to take advantage of the sale. Which would work best down the road? I can watch for a sale on an ESC. Or is it cheaper to buy them together on sale?

Seems like some people are having issues with heat and these motors?

Some of the comments say the sweet spot is the 4092 1650kV, I saw comments the 4082 gets pretty toasty. (would have been nice to get actual temps)

Maybe someone with these motors could comments on their experience. It would be nice to know how the 68mm and 74mm cans perform as well.

Seems like some people are having issues with heat and these motors?

Some of the comments say the sweet spot is the 4092 1650kV, I saw comments the 4082 gets pretty toasty. (would have been nice to get actual temps)

Maybe someone with these motors could comments on their experience. It would be nice to know how the 68mm and 74mm cans perform as well.
I think you could argue the same thing from the max6 v3 combo with the 4985 motor. Simply put, if you demand 3 to 4000W from these motors for a heavy 6s basher it's going to get warm, almost regardless of which motor you have. I had a 4092 1650kv on my KEXB with a 20t pinion (i think). Ran two 40mm rocket fans and kept it cool enough. Buddy of my ran the same truck but with a 4585 motor and no fans. His motor overheated several times. In other words, if you run into temperature issues either you're over geared or you need fans to address the extra heat.

I liked the 4092 because it easily fit two 40mm fans across the motor can and has more surface area to dissipate heat.

Also currently running a 4274 rocket motor on my MT410. Very happy with both motors.

which motor do you guys think would be best for a Lim on 4-6s? Bashing and light speed running.

Nobody? Or are there better motors?
By most accounts, people have pretty good luck with them. And at this sale price, one could almost be ok with them being consumables. Heres what I bought:
IMG_3160.jpeg

These prices are pretty dirt cheap for a 6s and an 8s motor. As for ESC advice, go for the highest amp one you can afford in either 6s or 8s, whichever you’ll be running on the top end. HW Max-6, even the Spektrum 6s ESC’s would run them fine.
Those two motors I just got will be running on the OG Max6. One maybe with a stock Spektrum ESC in one of my Typhons. Not really sure yet. Like I said, I didn’t really need them. 😂

Don’t expect a tremendous amount of torque and power difference unless your ESC and Lipos are capable of drawing and supplying adequately. They’re the best bang for the buck 4-6S motors IMO, especially at these prices. Hot is subjective, I used to continuously run these over 200 degree external temps in 15lb big rocks/mojave configurations with no problems. Once you start flirting with 260-300* the rotor will start breaking down.

which motor do you guys think would be best for a Lim on 4-6s? Bashing and light speed running.

Reposting cuz I'd like it to be seen.

By most accounts, people have pretty good luck with them. And at this sale price, one could almost be ok with them being consumables. Heres what I bought:
View attachment 350342
These prices are pretty dirt cheap for a 6s and an 8s motor. As for ESC advice, go for the highest amp one you can afford in either 6s or 8s, whichever you’ll be running on the top end. HW Max-6, even the Spektrum 6s ESC’s would run them fine.
Those two motors I just got will be running on the OG Max6. One maybe with a stock Spektrum ESC in one of my Typhons. Not really sure yet. Like I said, I didn’t really need them. 😂
Thanks. I bought the 4282 1780KV. The prices seemed great. It's insurance and backup for the K6.

Thanks. I bought the 4282 1780KV. The prices seemed great. It's insurance and backup for the K6.
I bought from RCJuice the 4082, the same as the 4282, but a 4082 2000kv. You will like your 4282 they are good motors.

I am dusting my buddy Typhon 6S v5 with that motor in my Tailion EXB XL.

Enjoy (y)

Back