50k diff fluid ok or too much for my Granite 3s blx?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edough13

Bashing, Speed running and family!!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Mojave
  6. Notorious
  7. Typhon 6s
  8. Vorteks
Just ordered some 50k diff fluid for my Granite, anyone have input if that's too much or will that be ok or need to order something lower?

50k will be fairly heavy for the front but could help with traction when steering. I wouldn't put it in the rear - simply put, it may make it pretty awkward to drive particularly when cornering

I have 20k front and the stock 10k rear oils for my Typhon 3s. I was thinking of dropping the 10k rear down to 5-7k just to try it out

With a Granite, I would probably try out 30-60k front and would likely keep the rear stock with 10k

I have both re-filled with 10k and I'm happy with

You can go as thick as you want in the front for the most part, but anything over 20k in the rear and it won’t turn under power.

Just ordered some 50k diff fluid for my Granite, anyone have input if that's too much or will that be ok or need to order something lower?

I kept the OEM 10K all way around.... Mine hooks up good, wheelies nicely when I want to, accelerate & powers the wheels good even if I am on a few at a time until all hit the ground. I do not think outside temp has much to do with anything here in hot TN been fine for winter and summer on diff fluid.

Like what ^^^^ he said and pay attention that in your diff housing to have some good grease like red/tacky in there and good bearings especially the one between where you remove the motor there at the diff housing it can get bad since the current Granite does have that opening where stuff can get in although I hot glue mine after each check or cleaning.... still can get nasty.

If you have not yet re-filled the diff, you will anyway notice the difference. My Granite is V1 and the came stock with 6,5 or 7,5K.

Ok, ya bought mine back in April so probably the same as I haven't opened up the diffs just changed bearings outside all around

Ok, ya bought mine back in April so probably the same as I haven't opened up the diffs just changed bearings outside all around

Good work....I got mine in Feb and it was @razorrc video I watched as a newbie learning to doing it....that one in the motor was a mess....I was not hitting mud, etc...maybe light water no puddles. This bearing was rusting.... He called it out to change it often in his video. I may not look at my wheel bearing and other closely often (I do after some time) but I do take the time to pull that motor back and look at that bearing in the diff housing to the motor....cleaned it good on last clean but I keep spares just for that one....just FYI

Enjoy the bashing....

Ya one of the first upgrades I did was sealed bearings all around. Just slowly wanting to replace or rebuild everything to keep it in good working order. Constantly pulling and cleaning my motor/slipper as I live in very dusty and sandy area. Rebuild my shocks and add new oil often as well just haven't touched diffs besides replacing bearings or having to pull it out to change driveshafts. Definitely want to make sure it's all good and add new oil as they haven't been messed with for 4 months and I run it couple times a week or more so think it's overdue for sure

50k is too thick IMO. I run 30k front and rear and it’s borderline.

I put 30k in mine and now it wheelies almost on demand on 2s, this truck is the most fun for $300 hands down.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back