Kraton 6s Kraton v3 clicking noise from front end

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmoney

Reaction score
Hello Arrma forum! I’m working on getting my Kraton going again but can’t figure out this clicking sound in the front drivetrain.

At first I figured it was some differential gear that got worn down, but after replacing the worn diff ring gear the sound persisted. I had a new input pinion on hand so I threw that in as well, but no change. Any ideas are greatly appreciated, video demonstration is linked here.

https://streamable.com/nd3mgs

I had the same sound and it was the output shaft bearing.
Could be any bearing in the driveline.
Good luck! Keep posted
Thank you for this!! Turns out the smaller input pinion bearing was completely destroyed. Actually had one of the same bearing on hand, swapped it in, but somehow it’s still clicking away. The pinion and the ring seem to be making right contact but for some reason the sound continues.
Cracked bulkhead? Input gear worn or damaged? Is it shimmed?
Brand new input & ring gear. No shims, but when holding the diff to the sides nothing changes.
Have you tried shimming your diff
I have not, could possibly be it but like I said in another reply it wouldn’t make sense to me.

Could it be a small "something" in the grease that you don't see?

I would try to close the diff case to check instead of trying to hold it while testing.

Is it rhythmic or random "clicking"?

Could it be a small "something" in the grease that you don't see?

I would try to close the diff case to check instead of trying to hold it while testing.

Is it rhythmic or random "clicking"?

Closed the diff case, same problem. Clicking is rhythmic I’d say, it’s consistent throughout the rotation.

One time at band camp.. my axle bent and was slapping the shock. Sounded like a roached diff. Took me forever to figure out where the noise was coming from. 🤨

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back