Typhon 70mph Typhon MEGA?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What size pinion should I run? Should I go up to a 25T because of the smaller tires? I might have to get a different motor mount if I do. Or a smaller spur gear. Who was it that did that?
I'd start with 20t then go to 26t. The 26t will fit on all mounts even the non adjustable mount. @jondilly1974 custom made a smaller spur for his 3s Typhon look at his build thread or ask him I'm sure he'd help you out👍

My PB is 59mph with my 3s Typhon running a 20t pinion!

Typhon w: GRPs.jpeg

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Feel free to tell me my areodynamics are wrong and I need to put hoons on it. I know. But then it wouldn't be a Typhon MEGA anymore. :ROFLMAO:

I'll just leave this here.
View attachment 141006
Looks good, have you got the spoiler on the front to stop the car flipping over? My Kraton 8s tended to do flip overs at high acceleration. I took off the back spoiler which would press the back down at high speed and it stopped flipping over. Also the wing weighed about 6 ounces, and as this is above the rear axle, removal of it also helped keep the front end down.

Looks good, have you got the spoiler on the front to stop the car flipping over? My Kraton 8s tended to do flip overs at high acceleration. I took off the back spoiler which would press the back down at high speed and it stopped flipping over. Also the wing weighed about 6 ounces, and as this is above the rear axle, removal of it also helped keep the front end down.
Yes, I put it there for downforce, mostly just because it was lying around and I was bored though.... This is not for high acceleration though, it's for in top speeds, it doesn't take off. 🤷‍♂️ I don't know if it does anything or not though.

I just soldered on some EC5s so I could run my good batts. I just took it for a spin on 6s. The motors only rated for 4s lol. Nothin brokin though. They were only from storage charge and it was FAST. They are charging all the way. I'm not expecting the motor to last though. I don't have anything to check the speed yet. Planning on getting the dx3 and installing the speed app. I probably shouldn't be driving it in the rain though...

I can try to get a video later.
I'd suggest a single 6s pack as even that is a tight fit where dual packs you'll have to raise the body for sure. And 50% will more so be like a 3s pack as you'll learn with speed running there's a lot of voltage sag so even a good 6s pack will usually drop voltage to or below 5s voltage.
I can easily fit two 3s packs in. Didn't raise the body or anything. I put them side by side and ran it like that.🤷‍♂️ I can try to get pics later.
My PB is 59mph with my 3s Typhon running a 20t pinion!

View attachment 141902
How do you make the ride height so low?

I just soldered on some EC5s so I could run my good batts. I just took it for a spin on 6s. The motors only rated for 4s lol. Nothin brokin though. They were only from storage charge and it was FAST. They are charging all the way. I'm not expecting the motor to last though. I don't have anything to check the speed yet. Planning on getting the dx3 and installing the speed app. I probably shouldn't be driving it in the rain though...

I can try to get a video later.

I can easily fit two 3s packs in. Didn't raise the body or anything. I put them side by side and ran it like that.🤷‍♂️ I can try to get pics later.

How do you make the ride height so low?
Ya if they are small enough to lay side by side they will fit no problem. I'd guess for lower ride height you'll have to add like fuel tubing inside the shock under the piston so it doesn't allow it to extend👍 also if you have an old phone laying around you can download a speedometer app and use that, that's how I started. Or look for a cheaper bicycle GPS those work too

Ya if they are small enough to lay side by side they will fit no problem. I'd guess for lower ride height you'll have to add like fuel tubing inside the shock under the piston so it doesn't allow it to extend👍 also if you have an old phone laying around you can download a speedometer app and use that, that's how I started. Or look for a cheaper bicycle GPS those work too
Yeah, I use my brother's old phone for work. It's screen is cracked. It had a speedometer app on it, but I can only use it for calling now.:( Thanks!

I'd suggest a single 6s pack as even that is a tight fit where dual packs you'll have to raise the body for sure. And 50% will more so be like a 3s pack as you'll learn with speed running there's a lot of voltage sag so even a good 6s pack will usually drop voltage to or below 5s voltage.
The SLT3 transmitter spits out 85% voltage when set to 50% speed. At least mine does. Tested with both 3S and 2S batteries.

If that logic holds as voltage increases, then running a 6S battery on 50% would approximately equal running a 5S battery at 100%.

The SLT3 transmitter spits out 85% voltage when set to 50% speed. At least mine does. Tested with both 3S and 2S batteries.

If that logic holds as voltage increases, then running a 6S battery on 50% would approximately equal running a 5S battery at 100%.
I ran it on 100% 6s storage mode. They are fully charged now and ready to rip. I'm curious to see how long the motor will last.

I'm guessing I got it up to 65mph, maybe 70mph. All I need to do is fine some way to mount my phone... I broke the front wing off lol. I was turning around and forgot I put my steering to ~15% and slammed into one of those metal phone cable box thingys. :ROFLMAO:
Nice! I put the 4s system from my Kraton in my Typhon Mega and got 53 MPH. I don't remember the gear combination off the top of my head, but I'm still running it with the stock tires as well. No front wing on mine but it handles really well. I'm sure I could gear it up and get in the 70s. Thanks for the inspiration!
Are you in military? Or who is in your profile pic?

I'd start with 20t then go to 26t. The 26t will fit on all mounts even the non adjustable mount. @jondilly1974 custom made a smaller spur for his 3s Typhon look at his build thread or ask him I'm sure he'd help you out👍
Should I grab one of these pinions, or is there a better one out there? Maybe Jenny's has the right size...

25T
https://www.amazon.com/Hot-Racing-NSG225-Steel-Pinion/dp/B00A29E9EM

26T
https://www.amazon.com/Robinson-Rac...9D94PEAR8TM&psc=1&refRID=W69BAMCYF9D94PEAR8TM

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back