A.A. 908 Project base on ARRMA Limitless - up to 250 MPH

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed that as well. What are the advantages/disadvantages of belts v. drive shafts?

That was my first observation as well. Is a belt drive as reliable at high speeds? I’d worry about the belt stretching and/or falling off track.
You can curve the track so belts stay, or maybe they have another way. Also, if set up correctly, you have a belt that is a little bit stiff, so that it won’t stretch off. Just my.02

I noticed that as well. What are the advantages/disadvantages of belts v. drive shafts?
Belts can have less resistance I believe.
@LibertyMKiii knows way more than me though.

You can curve the track so belts stay, or maybe they have another way. Also, if set up correctly, you have a belt that is a little bit stiff, so that it won’t stretch off. Just my.02

Belts can have less resistance I believe.
@LibertyMKiii knows way more than me though.

You may be aware that the differential input bearings on any current 1/7 car die after 1-3 runs in the 180+ range. This is because of the loads they are seeing under those power levels over 18 kW.

The differential is take the power and turning it 90 degrees from the center shafts out to the axles. There is some efficiency losses there. The advantage of a belt drive system is that you are not turning the power a different direction and the loads on the bearings are different. Overall it is the most efficient way to do it. (unless you could put motors in the wheels or axles themselves and get they synced perfectly)

You will see on a belt car the motor, pulleys and axles are all turning in the same direction:

Nic Case's SR11 car based on 1/10 parts:

schumacher build 2.JPG

Was that a single motor set up?
You may be aware that the differential input bearings on any current 1/7 car die after 1-3 runs in the 180+ range. This is because of the loads they are seeing under those power levels over 18 kW.

The differential is take the power and turning it 90 degrees from the center shafts out to the axles. There is some efficiency losses there. The advantage of a belt drive system is that you are not turning the power a different direction and the loads on the bearings are different. Overall it is the most efficient way to do it. (unless you could put motors in the wheels or axles themselves and get they synced perfectly)

You will see on a belt car the motor, pulleys and axles are all turning in the same direction:

Nic Case's SR11 car based on 1/10 parts:

View attachment 283902

Was that a single motor set up?
Yes Nic Case ended up doing 202 mph with a single-motor setup.
His car is very narrow, which reduces the aero drag significantly. He could take that same car with today's high-power XLX2 and better batteries and go substantially faster.

But the real problem still remains. Tires that don't blow up at 190+ speeds.
Guys doing 190+ say they go through an $80 set of BSR foams per run. On average they like to go out and make 4-5 runs so you are talking about $400 for one day to run your car. + a set of bearings and any other wear items they might find.

Yes Nic Case ended up doing 202 mph with a single-motor setup.
His car is very narrow, which reduces the aero drag significantly. He could take that same car with today's high-power XLX2 and better batteries and go substantially faster.

But the real problem still remains. Tires that don't blow up at 190+ speeds.
Guys doing 190+ say they go through an $80 set of BSR foams per run. On average they like to go out and make 4-5 runs so you are talking about $400 for one day to run your car. + a set of bearings and any other wear items they might find.
I had sets and sets and sets of bearings in my RC trailer. Some got replaced in between heats (clutch and wheel bearings) all got replaced before the MAIN and at the end of the race day.

I probably tossed away good sets every race day BUT one thing that never failed me during racing was the bearings.

First thing I noticed was the belt. Hence, lemme get one! 😂

Bashing in this hobby is probably the least expensive. Don’t believe it, start speeding or racing 🤪

Have you folks seen these being hocked in the facebook groups?
Looks phenomenal. I bought one more as a shelf queen because I already had a stock limitless V2 sitting around.
Little bit too spendy to consider putting it on the street.
What do you all think?

334977044_1608162202944874_8151006844693777881_n.jpg

Have you folks seen these being hocked in the facebook groups?
Looks phenomenal. I bought one more as a shelf queen because I already had a stock limitless V2 sitting around.
Little bit too spendy to consider putting it on the street.
What do you all think?

View attachment 284095

I don't have FB. What are they selling for?
Its just a plastic body?

Seems like a risky move.
I don't think they design in enough room for suspension travel. One of the shots with a clear body showed the tire had very limited space. Also seems like their design had different towers so I wonder if it will fit on a stock configuration car.
***Edit it says 908 suspension kit needed which does not appear to be fore sale.

The way the body dips between the front and rear tires is going to be problematic for us folks running dual motors and quad batteries also.

Last edited:
Holy Ba-gesus..

That's a Whole lot of "Potential" Custom Aero bodies..

I'm Very curious if he's really able to mass produce these and all those other bodies...
Holy mother of body covers .I need this cover 😁it's beeeeutiful 👍when is it ready for sale?
Or I'll have save a lot of laundry soap container s and make one 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Holy mother of body covers .I need this cover 😁it's beeeeutiful 👍when is it ready for sale?
Or I'll have save a lot of laundry soap container s and make one 🤣🤣🤣🤣

No doubt!
Very nice looking bodies 💥

But they are ALL computer renders at the moment and all the other ones being offered ,are "email him for more info" it seems ,unless I'm reading the site wrong...

So that's why I'm a tad hesitant / wondering if he's able to mass produce these or is it a per order process?
It would be very cost prohibitive if that was the case..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back