Gorgon A Little Sneak Peek

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_1155.jpeg

On this note... let me show you a pic my dad took and sent me the other day. I think you'll like this. I think they wanted $16k for it 🤯

View attachment 331223
That’s awesome. I love off road beetles.
This is my inspiration.
IMG_1158.jpeg

So I modified some M2C 17mm hex adapters so they’ll fit the Gorgon, and bought some new 4s Mojave Fortress tires/wheels. Having 17mm hexes really open up my options for wheel/tire combos. Also, the resivoir shocks look similar to what is on the real build. I want to run soft suspension, and make my Gorgon different than any other.

Last edited:
That’s awesome. I love off road beetles.
This is my inspiration. View attachment 331224

So I modified some M2C 17mm hex adapters so they’ll fit the Gorgon, and bought some new 4s Mojave Fortress tires/wheels. Having 17mm hexes really open up my options for wheel/tire combos. Also, the resivoir shocks look similar to what is on the real build. I want to run soft suspension, and make my Gorgon different than any other.

Baja beetle!
I have a soft spot for em! Thats an awesome build idea.

Short story-
My brother is 8yr older then me. When he was 15 my parents to pulled a 72 beetle out of a field for him for his first car. It was a wreck!
We spent every weekend doing a complete restoration on that car. It was done for his 16th birthday and was his first car.
My dad used that car to teach me sooo much about workin on cars. Didn't just show me, he put the wrenches in my hand and had me do the stuff..
We put the big fenders and tires on there and built it into rhe offroad style like that.
That has pretty much steered my whole life as a car person/mechanic. Can't see one without thinking about all those nights working on that thing.

Baja beetle!
I have a soft spot for em! Thats an awesome build idea.

Short story-
My brother is 8yr older then me. When he was 15 my parents to pulled a 72 beetle out of a field for him for his first car. It was a wreck!
We spent every weekend doing a complete restoration on that car. It was done for his 16th birthday and was his first car.
My dad used that car to teach me sooo much about workin on cars. Didn't just show me, he put the wrenches in my hand and had me do the stuff..
We put the big fenders and tires on there and built it into rhe offroad style like that.
That has pretty much steered my whole life as a car person/mechanic. Can't see one without thinking about all those nights working on that thing.
That’s awesome! I’ve always wanted to build a real one. Thanks to my lack of a garage, this is likely as close as I’ll get lol.

I was thinking 2wd, soft suspension, sct tires and wheels, tons of power, and Proline came out with a 12.3” wheelbase bug body…. It was just meant to be. Lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back