ac/dc nihm/lipo charger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@ARRMADA thats like a comparision between apples and bananas :D
you said you have a lot of lipos; so if you want to charge them at the same time i would go for the D100 because of the 2 charging ports
but be aware that you "only" get 100W total in AC Mode

You're right.
But in this case apples and bananas can be compared cause with the RS16 16A and parallel charge board, it's possible to charge 2-3-4 etc.. LiPos.

So the D100 with 2 LiPos or the RS16 + parallel board, the choice is not easy, that's why I've asked if someone has experience with those chargers.

ah ok, didnt know that you can use things like parallel boards with lipos... sorry for that
in this case its really a difficult decission, and i'm not sure if can help cause i only have the D100.

but if i would be in your situation i would probably also choose the D100:
- its cheeper then de RS16 + Power Supply
- you can charge different lipos at the same time
- easy to use but if you want you can change a lot of settings (Rs16 is probably not that different here)
- if you want mor amps you can buy later an additional DC Power Supply and use the full 2x100W
- capable of charging High Voltage Lipos
- wifi modul (not that bad, but atm the app is a bit buggy on Android)
- you can use 2 parallel boards and load 4 lipos at the same time hehe :D

hope i can help with that

Yes you helped me and you're right when you writes : "if you want more amps you can buy later an additional DC Power Supply and use the full 2x100W".

Ok thanks, my choice is done: D100! ;)

you're welcome
just in case you have not read it.
as i mentioned earlier in this thread its a bit noisy. not a problem at all just nothing you want in your living room while watching tv or something
but i think there are no really silent chargers out there in this class with a internal power supply

No problem for the noise, my actual Pro-Tronic is noisy too and you're right there are no really silent chargers out there in this class with a internal power supply.

Ok how about this charger here
Passport Ultra Force 220W Touch Battery Charger (DYNC3010)
They have the duo charger but i don't need to charged two lipos at once
I can charged one while playing

sidekickticket.png
350 watts charger all in one protective case
Finally found my charger
All inside that case :D

View attachment 1247 350 watts charger all in one protective case
Finally found my charger
All inside that case :D

Your pic is kinda small... Is that the sidekick ticket combo from progressive rc? If so, I run the same setup and it is bad ass. 20a and 350w of lipo zapping power! Highly recommended if you need that wattage. Any iCharger for that matter, they are all top notch and a great value. Don't forget the appropriate charge cable as it does not come with one. I would also suggest 12" extensions for both leads if you want to charge your pack while still in the vehicle. It is a great choice for parallel charging too, but again you will need the appropriate cables and progressive is a great place to get them.

Here is a tip for you, that combo is only $180 with out the fancy case and you can find one that works perfect with it at Menards for $8 in the tool box section:

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Your pic is kinda small... Is that the sidekick ticket combo from progressive rc? If so, I run the same setup and it is bad ass. 20a and 350w of LiPo zapping power! Highly recommended if you need that wattage. Any iCharger for that matter, they are all top notch and a great value. Don't forget the appropriate charge cable as it does not come with one. I would also suggest 12" extensions for both leads if you want to charge your pack while still in the vehicle. It is a great choice for parallel charging too, but again you will need the appropriate cables and progressive is a great place to get them.

Here is a tip for you, that combo is only $180 with out the fancy case and you can find one that works perfect with it at Menards for $8 in the tool box section:

View attachment 1248 View attachment 1249 View attachment 1250

AWESOME
Man that set up looks really cool
I will make sure to get those wires when ill order mine
Reason im getting theirs one is
Simple i don't need anything else

I got this in a couple days ago. It is the same as the icharger 106b, same exact software.
$80 total (with a 16 amp power supply), and two days to my door, from Hong Kong to IL, two days! I don't think it can be beat for the price.
Everything stores in that small firebox, my lipos in their own bags and charger/power supply.

Attachments

• IMG_0284.JPG
    IMG_0284.JPG
    164.9 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0278.JPG
    IMG_0278.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 51
I will charge one from storage voltage tonight and see how long it takes.

I forgot to give the times from my 80 watt charger(still have it also for a back up)
My SMC and SPC 6500 mah 4s packs each took a little over 50 minutes from storage level. The 50 watt I had at first was well over an hour, an extra 20 minutes over that at least.

In case you guys aren't aware, you can calculate charge times for a given pack if you know your charger's wattage.

Amps = watts / volts

So say you have a 2s (2 * 4.2v = 8.4v) 5000 mah pack and a 80w charger.

80/8.4=9.5a

Rate/battery capacity = C

9.5/5= roughly 2c possible

60/c = charge time in minutes

60/2 = 30 min for 100% charge but you ideally never need to put back more than 80% so

30*.8=24 minutes

Add in 5 minutes to balance and you get 29 minutes. Storage charge is 50% capacity so change the .8 to .5 in that scenario.

Of course you need to also make sure you don't exceed your pack's max recommended charge rate which should be listed on its label or found online.

Last edited:
What do you guys think of this charger?

Passport Ultra Force 220W Touch Battery Charger (6S/15A/220W)

Specifications:
Input: 100-240V AC or 11-18V DC
Peak: Yes
Charge Rate: 0.01-15.0A/220W
Input Connector: AC cord, detachable, North American plug; DC cord, detachable, alligator clips
Output Connector: Banana plug
Battery Type: LiIon/LiPo/LiFe/NiCd/NiMH/Pb
Charging Capability: 1–6S Li-Po/Li-Ion/Li-Fe; 1–15C Ni-Cd/Ni-MH; 2–20V Pb
Cooling Method: Fan
Voltmeter: Yes – On main LCD display
Amp Meter: Yes – On main LCD display
LCD: Yes
Discharge: Yes

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back