Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Arrma RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Arrma-RC brand!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Mega ADS-7M Servo rebuild

Discussion in 'Granite 2WD' started by GaryT, Jul 6, 2017.

1. GaryT

GaryT Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Granite
    Does anyone know if the 7M Servo Metal Gear Set (AR390170) can replace the ADS-5 gears directly ?

2. WoodiE

WoodiE Kind of good admin
    Staff Member

@GaryT I can't find the thread at the moment but I'm almost certain someone here had already posted they have in fact upgraded the gears in the ADS-5 servo with the 7M metal gear set.

3. GaryT

GaryT Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Granite
    Thanks, I'll keep checking. Guy at the LHS said they were different gears. Look the same by looking at pics but was just wondering. Arrma sent me a replacement ADS-5 but was going to see what was inside there and maybe could upgrade the one that seems to have a stripped gear.

4. SSSF

SSSF Active Member

Arrma RC's:
    Fury, Vorteks
    I replaced the ADS-5 to ADS7M with no problems after stripping the plastic gears:mad:

5. fmaramara

fmaramara Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    4x4-Mega
    I did the change. All gears fit except the first plastic gear at the bottom. The one that meshes with the main gear at the bottom. So you cant use one of the gears as its teeth are different.

6. Mustangman66$

Mustangman66$ Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Granite
    What did you use instead of that gear

7. fmaramara

fmaramara Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    4x4-Mega
    I left the stock plastic gear in, its the first gear at the bottom, every other gear is metal but the geat that sticks out of the servo will be a bit short. I changed everything to metal except the very first plastic gear at the bottom.

• Welcome to Arrma Forum

Arrma Forum is a Arrma RC fan site that was started to give Arrma RC enthusiasts a place to come together and discuss and share their experiences with the entire Arrma-RC product line, such as the Arrma Kraton, Arrma Talion, and Arrma Granite.

We welcome all Arrma RC enthusiasts, both new and old, racers and bashers that share a common goal - a willingness to help and learn.
  • Disclaimer