Kraton ADU Racing Parts!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There’s nothing easier to adjust than using a screw type of adjustment. It is very fine adjustment, and it has a locking mechanism once it is adjusted. It’s so good PPS can’t keep up with demand.
I’ve got nothing against the guy, but I’d argue he can’t keep up because of the small operation. Being in this game for a long time I’ve seen many businesses, such as this, slow down on parts production, and eventually just stop making things. If you can’t grow to keep up with demand, it will take you down

Have you seen how easy it is to adjust the Scorched model?

I’ve got nothing against the guy, but I’d argue he can’t keep up because of the small operation. Being in this game for a long time I’ve seen many businesses, such as this, slow down on parts production, and eventually just stop making things. If you can’t grow to keep up with demand, it will take you down

Have you seen how easy it is to adjust the Scorched model?
The Scorched Roto-Lok still relies on setting the mesh by hand, which is a lot less accurate than using a fine threaded screw. It's an improvement over the stock motor mount, but it's not as easy to fine tune as the PPS system. For me, it's all about "bang for the buck", and I just don't see that with the $125 Roto-Lok.

Yes, I believe PPS out-grew his small business. But I have to believe Scorched Parts might be in the same boat at some time - he has occasionally been out of stock on several popular items.

Have you seen the RamJam rip-off of the PPS system? As they say, "Copying is the sincerest form of flattery".

https://ramjamracing.com/product/arrma-typhon-6s-sliding-motor-mount/

Or how about the Powerhobby rip-off of the Roto-Lok at a lower price?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3951221401...044&customid=b2893f093ac9123c2f8a5ac079c6f7e5

The Scorched Roto-Lok still relies on setting the mesh by hand, which is a lot less accurate than using a fine threaded screw. It's an improvement over the stock motor mount, but it's not as easy to fine tune as the PPS system. For me, it's all about "bang for the buck", and I just don't see that with the $125 Roto-Lok.

Yes, I believe PPS out-grew his small business. But I have to believe Scorched Parts might be in the same boat at some time - he has occasionally been out of stock on several popular items.

Have you seen the RamJam rip-off of the PPS system? As they say, "Copying is the sincerest form of flattery".

https://ramjamracing.com/product/arrma-typhon-6s-sliding-motor-mount/

Or how about the Powerhobby rip-off of the Roto-Lok at a lower price?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3951221401...044&customid=b2893f093ac9123c2f8a5ac079c6f7e5
Yes, I’ve seen the rip-offs. Even though they are cheaper, I try not to unless forced to. I like supporting the people creating, not the ones grifting.

I guess I’ve not had an issue setting mesh. Small upgrades make using even the factory mount very easy. The problem is when tightening down the screws the motor mount has a tendency to move. This is what the PPS mount solves, but simple washers on the screws allow using even the factory motor mount without this happening.

Yes, I’ve seen the rip-offs. Even though they are cheaper, I try not to unless forced to. I like supporting the people creating, not the ones grifting.

I guess I’ve not had an issue setting mesh. Small upgrades make using even the factory mount very easy. The problem is when tightening down the screws the motor mount has a tendency to move. This is what the PPS mount solves, but simple washers on the screws allow using even the factory motor mount without this happening.
I don't have an issue setting gear mesh on a stock motor mount either, even without using washers, but I prefer a beefier motor mount that also has micro adjustment.

I don't have an issue setting gear mesh on a stock motor mount either, even without using washers, but I prefer a beefier motor mount that also has micro adjustment.
I hear you, it is a nice to have, though a very expensive one. You’re right, you can get meshing correct without the washers, it’s just far easier to do with them.

I can understand the want to “beef” things up, but I’ve never broken a motor mount myself. I’ve only seen it a few times on this forum, and that was after a bad high speed wreck. You see lots of posts on here with people breaking things, but not many of those are motor mounts. I’m personally not buying an aftermarket motor mount unless I have to do something like this, where I want a 56mm can in a 6S 🤣.

Last edited:
Ok, so I've been staying on this thread pretty close, if I want to order the motor mount with the integrated center braces, where is my safest bet? Ebay, Ali, or....?? Just want to make sure I can avoid some of these horror stories if at all possible

I hear you, it is a nice to have, though a very expensive one. You’re right, you can get meshing correct without the washers, it’s just far easier to do with them.

I can understand the want to “beef” things up, but I’ve never broken a motor mount myself. I’ve only seen it a few times on this forum, and that was after a bad high speed wreck. You see lots of posts on here with people breaking things, but not many of those are motor mounts. I’m personally not buying an aftermarket motor mount unless I have to do something like this, where I want a 56mm can in a 6S 🤣.
I haven’t broken, but I've bent 2 factory motor mounts now, granted that's with a HW 4985 and completely stupid sends on my part so take it with a grain of salt... I've also sheared the screw that bolts the center brace to the chassis a few times as well, so this mount having the center braces butted up against the lower center diff plate is very appealing to me, now you won't be relying solely on the the shear strength of the screw to hold the braces

Ok, so I've been staying on this thread pretty close, if I want to order the motor mount with the integrated center braces, where is my safest bet? Ebay, Ali, or....?? Just want to make sure I can avoid some of these horror stories if at all possible
It took the same amount of time for me to get the shipment from Ali as it did eBay, and both have good return policies. The guy on eBay is responsive, and orders direct from Adu. Really about the same experience. If you do go to Ali, I’d make sure and go to their direct store.

Just my observation, the motor mount does look really cool, but 2 things;

1. Looking at this item like a math problem, it decreases the distance between the top and bottom brace mount points. It wouldn’t be as strong as braces slotting directly into the chassis. This whole item is held in place by screws only.

2. I didn’t see a place to purchase different braces that fit this mount. None of the other aftermarket or factory mounts would fit this. So once you purchase it for a car, it would probably be stuck there, and unable to move to another car later that didn’t have matching braces.

I’m curious where you’re bending your factory motor mount at. Is it something where putting a support on the bottom of the motor would help support it?

You mentioned sheering the screws on the braces. I would absolutely stay away from non-keyed braces, which includes the Arrma EXB model. Once you get a keyed brace, you don’t have those issues

Last edited:
For those that are waiting for PPS to come back in stock, I see they have some Grublock mounts in stock.

It took the same amount of time for me to get the shipment from Ali as it did eBay, and both have good return policies. The guy on eBay is responsive, and orders direct from Adu. Really about the same experience. If you do go to Ali, I’d make sure and go to their direct store.

Just my observation, the motor mount does look really cool, but 2 things;

1. Looking at this item like a math problem, it decreases the distance between the top and bottom brace mount points. It wouldn’t be as strong as braces slotting directly into the chassis. This whole item is held in place by screws only.

2. I didn’t see a place to purchase different braces that fit this mount. None of the other aftermarket or factory mounts would fit this. So once you purchase it for a car, it would probably be stuck there, and unable to move to another car later that didn’t have matching braces.

I’m curious where you’re bending your factory motor mount at. Is it something where putting a support on the bottom of the motor would help support it?

You mentioned sheering the screws on the braces. I would absolutely stay away from non-keyed braces, which includes the Arrma EXB model. Once you get a keyed brace, you don’t have those issues
The motor mounts bend from hard nose or hard tail impacts (aka:lawn dart landings)... it bends the part of the mount that the motor is bolted to forward, causing the pinion to not run square with the center diff ring gear, it's happened to me twice now, but like I said, it's a 4985 motor so significantly heavier than a stock motor and when I have a bad landing, it's usually really bad because we send them pretty high... it's not a big deal to change the mount, it's just frustrating because it will tear up a pinion or center diff gear if I don't catch it in time

Last edited:
XLWB motor mount and chassis brace
1708714502577.png

$71.61 | ADU RACING 7075-T6 AL 4mm band CENTER DIFF MOUNT MOTOR MOUNT AND CHASSIS BRACE FOR ARRMA 1/7 6S MOJAVE BIGROCK RTR EXB
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0ADA2E

IMG_1650.jpeg

You shouldn't buy from Amazon anyway. Fvcking globalist scum!
If Amain, Horizon, and pretty much all the others were better about returns, I would absolutely use them. It is a lot more hassle to return, and they want to charge return shipping or restocking fees. I also routinely get better pricing on Amazon for aftermarket and Arrma branded parts than on the other sites.

Wanted to drop by and say Adu just opened their store on eBay.

When I first bought my Kraton 6s V5, there weren't many choices for aftermarket stuff. Most of what I found was Hot Racing: I eventually replaced the HR 6061 aluminum parts with M2C Racing shock towers, M2C chassis braces, and Scorched hinge pin mounts, all in 7075 aluminum. It's nice to see an alternative with ADU parts for my future builds.

When I first bought my Kraton 6s V5, there weren't many choices for aftermarket stuff. Most of what I found was Hot Racing: I eventually replaced the HR 6061 aluminum parts with M2C Racing shock towers, M2C chassis braces, and Scorched hinge pin mounts, all in 7075 aluminum. It's nice to see an alternative with ADU parts for my future builds.
Agreed. I have a couple ADU parts. Some HR. I'll say the HR 6s shock standoffs are junk. Snapped easy. I have M2C set on the Notorious & modified Arrma stock ones, drilled/tapped out to M4 on the K6. 👍 M2C standoffs are awesome, along with the delrin inserts. ADU has them but the M2C ones are USA. Least there are options for buyers outside of USA, especially if ADU provides great parts.

Last edited:
I'm currently waiting on some ADU parts for my K6 V5. Hoping they are decent. I'll report back when they arrive and I get them installed.

View attachment 358585
Dude, that's awesome. I've been eyeing those for some time, but I absolutely cannot afford any more, and I figure my current S6 build won't need that being lightweight despite the cheap aluminum bulkheads. I did get ADU's Ackerman bar with center braces for it. But for a Kraton doing cartwheels, I think you'll benefit from those. M2C went way too far with the prices. Way. I prefer American, but someone has to set business boundaries. Like telling a child "I've had just about enough of your behavior!" Don't coddle entitled mindsets. Things understandably cost more here, but only to a point.

Those rear ADU hubs are a bit shorter than usual stock form, but won't be a problem. Nothing to scoff at. You can tell they're STRONG. Better than Hot Racing. I got a bad batch of hubs from HR once.

I have now ordered twice (maybe 3?) from ADU on Ali Express. Great communication, great shipping times, no hidden costs and so far I’ve not had any issues with quality. Just had some EXB diff housings show up from ADU too.

Basically, my go to for aftermarket aluminum is now, EXB Arrma, ADU or Scorched Parts.

Back