Kraton ADU Racing Parts!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve had good luck with ADU, but I definitely can see why @joshjosh is upset with them. With the luck he has had, I probably would give up on them as well. But at the same time, some people have terrible luck with M2C and if it happened to me, I’d give up on them as well.

Customers always slip through the cracks, just sucks when it seems like it’s always you.
I agree, but I am willing to give multiple chances. If you send me running, I feel like maybe you deserve it 🤣.

In all seriousness, at one time I sent back $200 worth of Vitavon parts. I think Vitavon is top notch, but ish happens. I’ve gotten in “discussions” with M2C and other top tier vendors about some other their part designs. No one is perfect, but damn, I just want my 56mm motor mount so I can run my Limitless with this beer can in it.

joshjosh
Are you ordering from ADU Store on Aliexpress or eBay

joshjosh
Are you ordering from ADU Store on Aliexpress or eBay
I tried eBay first, when I got the wrong part I went to Ali. I was just told they sent me a “better” part. So I’m assuming they discontinued the old model. Though I see this new model listed for cheaper than the part I bought. The new model requires I flip my pinion around to mount a 56mm motor, which I’m against having my mount point be at the end of the shaft.

I tried eBay first, when I got the wrong part I went to Ali. I was just told they sent me a “better” part. So I’m assuming they discontinued the old model. Though I see this new model listed for cheaper than the part I bought. The new model requires I flip my pinion around to mount a 56mm motor, which I’m against having my mount point be at the end of the shaft.
ADU is not affiliated with any eBay seller
And There’s a few different vendors on Aliexpress selling ADU products and I notice some are selling older ADU parts
I recommend buying only from the actual “ADU Racing” store

Last edited:
And There’s a few different vendors on Aliexpress selling ADU products and I notice some are selling older ADU parts
I recommend buying only from the actual “ADU store”
I talked to the guy on the eBay store, he’s pretty cool. He ordered the correct part direct from them, ADU keeps “upgrading” it to their newer not as good model.

This seems to be a recurring thing with the motor mounts and 56mm motors.

This seems to be a recurring thing with the motor mounts and 56mm motors.
You’re so right. For a while PPS had a dedicated 30MM mount, now, it too is a combo plate that requires the pinion be flipped.

Do you know of another dedicated 30MM mount that isn’t the Limitless V2?

You’re so right. For a while PPS had a dedicated 30MM mount, now, it too is a combo plate that requires the pinion be flipped.

Not 7075 like I would hope, but $78 seems like a good deal for the spool and all the components. I’m ordering it now!
Mesimple Arrma motor mount
IMG_4656.jpeg

I recently took a risk on this brand, and it paid off! I’d been searching for a good metal diff locker for my FCX24. The AliExpress ones had bad meshing, I must’ve tried a half dozen. These lockers are legit! FCX24 metal diff lockers.

I recommend buying only from the actual “ADU Racing” store
ADU confirmed they’ve moved to the newer design, and no longer offer the old design. The listing has been updated to reflect that.

The ADU seller is responsive, and SOME of their parts are a decent value. The caveat being your order may include the wrong part, or have a bad finish. I’d certainly feel better if they had a website I could find. Vitavon, Treal, etc all have actual websites instead of only an AliExpress store.
Going to have nitpicking about 10 cent hardware length and inventory/quality problems in any 100+ employee business that is mass producing.

This is far from a garage shop type small volume stuff like the rest of the hobby options. If you want perfection, might want to find a different one. Then you get the consumers who only join and post when they’re upset, showing no other value to the industry. 👋

Or just use M2C, where when their stuff breaks or is wrong they have the audacity to tell you to go fly a kite through electronic mail…
Atleast M2C has a website, and the option for a return warranty. Which I have personally never been hassled over, if anything, they’ve gone above and beyond my expectations.

After your return 30 day return period on AliExpress, you’ll be told to fly a kite. I also have a hard time believing Adu is 100+ employee company, as you mentioned, selling RC parts exclusively on AliExpress. I’m not asking for perfection, I’m asking for some quality control.

Last edited:

I do not. All my cars are offroad and just use 4xxx sized motors.

lol I have done this twice now "kraton and infraction". Max5 56118SD in this vid, Kraton has a 5687 max6.

I just figure gonna toss the motor mount into a box to never be used again, might as well try to make it work. Boom free upgrade!! Why not!!

Last edited:
lol I have done this twice now "kraton and infraction". Max5 56118SD in this vid, Kraton has a 5687 max6.

I just figure gonna toss the motor mount into a box to never be used again, might as well try to make it work. Boom free upgrade!! Why not!!

Thanks for the vid, but you did what I’m trying to avoid. You put the pinion grub screw all the way at the end of the motor shaft. It will work, but man does it wear the bearings out fast.

Last edited:
Thanks for the vid, but you did what I’m trying to avoid. You put the pinion grub screw all the way at the end of the motor shaft. It will work, but man does it wear the bearings out fast.
I've not had that personally be an adverse effect of flipping the pinion so I don't avoid or watch out for it. And I have a few like that I skate park with no such bearing wear or failure 1 being a "xmaxx / max 5 56118sd combo". I guess everyone breaks stuff in different ways lol.. I have a couple that are going on a decade with the pinion reversed. So wearing it fast def does not compute in my collection.

Also they all get bashed literally every weekend, literally, I honestly don't know anyone but people that race that abuse their RCs as often as I do. Grounders every Saturday for like 6 hours, and helis and planes every Sundays for about 6 hours. A bad mesh will beat up bearings pretty bad though.

Last edited:
I've not had that personally be an adverse effect of flipping the pinion so I don't avoid or watch out for it. And I have a few like that I skate park with no such bearing wear or failure 1 being a "xmaxx / max 5 56118sd combo". I guess everyone breaks stuff in different ways lol.. I have a couple that are going on a decade with the pinion reversed. So wearing it fast def does not compute in my collection.

Also they all get bashed literally every weekend, literally, I honestly don't know anyone but people that race that abuse their RCs as often as I do. Grounders every Saturday for like 6 hours, and helis and planes every Sundays for about 6 hours. A bad mesh will beat up bearings pretty bad though.
I’m not sure how many rigs you got, it sounds like you have some fun though!

The further away you get from the motor bearing the greater the load on the bearings. With the mount point at the end of the shaft, any change in speed or direction of the pinion will generate a much greater load than if it were mounted near the bearing.

You can run a motor for awhile on a bad bearing, and they can be hard to detect while the vehicle is running. You’ll just have degraded performance, and it will eventually eat your shaft.

Hobbywing does recommend against changing your own motor bearings, citing tolerances. So it really is in the best interest to make them last as long as possible. I do change my motor bearings at least once a year in my bashers, just to be safe, and every few runs in my race buggy.

I’m not sure how many rigs you got, it sounds like you have some fun though!

The further away you get from the motor bearing the greater the load on the bearings. With the mount point at the end of the shaft, any change in speed or direction of the pinion will generate a much greater load than if it were mounted near the bearing.

You can run a motor for awhile on a bad bearing, and they can be hard to detect while the vehicle is running. You’ll just have degraded performance, and it will eventually eat your shaft.

Hobbywing does recommend against changing your own motor bearings, citing tolerances. So it really is in the best interest to make them last as long as possible. I do change my motor bearings at least once a year in my bashers, just to be safe, and every few runs in my race buggy.

I mean I keep ceramics on hand for all kinds of motors, only time i've had to use them is when I buy a used RC.

420192813_774298974557414_7437120091057519955_n.jpg
420845678_712954410905758_2436730381086170136_n.jpg

If mine are new I have yet to mess up a bearing, I have blown apart many rotors in my day though :ROFLMAO: . I absolutely know when they are bad and check shaft play often. I pull apart motors yearly sometimes less and shoot all the crap out of it with an air hose, hit it with silicon spray, and seal it up. 30 years experience with literally hundreds of different RCs. If I was to count in my head right now I have well over 50 RCs and I don't have a shop or anything lol, its all just personal use. Because of the high count of RCs I own I just fix stuff when it breaks mostly, So i really push the limits on purpose and see how long things last, and they last a stupidly long time in this case.

It's why It caught me as strange that you avoid flipping pinions and consider what I and tons of other people do as bad practice. Just making sure people know its not a bad thing to flip a pinion at all.

I mean I keep ceramics on hand for all kinds of motors, only time i've had to use them is when I buy a used RC.

View attachment 347157View attachment 347156

If mine are new I have yet to mess up a bearing, I have blown apart many rotors in my day though :ROFLMAO: . I absolutely know when they are bad and check shaft play often. I pull apart motors yearly sometimes less and shoot all the crap out of it with an air hose, hit it with silicon spray, and seal it up. 30 years experience with literally hundreds of different RCs. If I was to count in my head right now I have well over 50 RCs and I don't have a shop or anything lol, its all just personal use. Because of the high count of RCs I own I just fix stuff when it breaks mostly, So i really push the limits on purpose and see how long things last, and they last a stupidly long time in this case.

It's why It caught me as strange that you avoid flipping pinions and consider what I and tons of other people do as bad practice. Just making sure people know it’s not a bad thing to flip a pinion at all.
I hear what you’re saying, but I only have 5 full-sized rigs. My individual rigs probably get a lot more action, because I always choose the same one or two *cough O8S*.

In only having a few vehicles I have been able to tell that it does absolutely make a difference in bearing life. I have 2 PPS motor mounts sitting on the shelf while I look for a mount that doesn’t make me flip the pinion.

Maintenance is great to extend the bearing life, but you’re putting extra load on it, regardless. I would probably do it again in speed run car, as it doesn’t have a lot of stop and go action being subjected to the drivetrain. For my bashers, I’m working to get that pinion mounted as close to the bearing as possible.

I hear what you’re saying, but I only have 5 full-sized rigs. My individual rigs probably get a lot more action, because I always choose the same one or two *cough O8S*.

In only having a few vehicles I have been able to tell that it does absolutely make a difference in bearing life. I have 2 PPS motor mounts sitting on the shelf while I look for a mount that doesn’t make me flip the pinion.

Maintenance is great to extend the bearing life, but you’re putting extra load on it, regardless. I would probably do it again in speed run car, as it doesn’t have a lot of stop and go action being subjected to the drivetrain. For my bashers, I’m working to get that pinion mounted as close to the bearing as possible.
I get you sir. And I do agree if you can prevent the things you wear out personally I'd do the same.

Yeah that's like telling an owner of a jacked-up mall-crawler his 14" wide, -69 offset wheels on rubber band tires are decreasing his wheel bearing life with their response being, "I've never had any problems driving back and forth on the pavement to the local Walmart meets though??"

Simple proactive physics. ADU Racing has been developing parts for about 12 months, design revisions are part of the hobby. Hell, Arrma is on their 6th rev. after how many years of the 6S Kraton to finally get it being a subjectively good RTR.

Yeah that's like telling an owner of a jacked-up mall-crawler his 14" wide, -69 offset wheels on rubber band tires are decreasing his wheel bearing life with their response being, "I've never had any problems driving back and forth on the pavement to the local Walmart meets though??"

Simple proactive physics. ADU Racing has been developing parts for about 12 months, design revisions are part of the hobby. Hell, Arrma is on their 6th revision after how many years of the 6S Kraton to finally get it being a subjectively good RTR.
That is a terrible comparison lol.... I use my rigs, all of them, more then anyone I know. Period... More pointless words out of a small mans mouth. Why did you stop PM'ing me sir. Whats even more funny is what you PM'd me was odd and not a good burn at all. It was super weak for someone that likes to qoute people in a thread and talk crap for no reason initially like you did. Again typical forum warrior, 30% of what's on ALL forums.

If you thought I was bashing ADU parts then you really do have a bent mind and thought process, not that you haven't already established that lol. I was just stating that people don't have to do that, that you can use the stock motor mount with 0 issues. It's a good hack you just haven't a clue. My Kraton has a hacked mount with a 5687 and has been running and being an insanely fun vehicle for over 3 years. Only breakages on that are from literal hard crashes.

I have many many upgraded parts on all different vehicles, I use aftermarket all the time when necessary. Duhhh!!!

Last edited:

View attachment 347157View attachment 347156

It's why It caught me as strange that you avoid flipping pinions and consider what I and tons of other people do as bad practice. Just making sure people know it’s not a bad thing to flip a pinion at all.
Have you tried the Boca bearings? I usually run TRB as well, but most people at the local track seem to run Boca or Acer’s. I just swapped Boca’s in a few months ago when I did the bearing swap on my HW 56113. I can’t speak for longevity yet, but wow are they more expensive 🤣

Here’s a link for the Hobbywing motor bearing sizes if anyone needs - Bearing Sizes

Back