Agfrc A81BHMW or promodeler DS630 for a Kraton 6S maybe a limitless

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Curious why you feel the DS3235 servo is not good enough for your Lim?:unsure:
And what BEC volt options are available with your Max 6??? Check first.
This is the first thing to sort out before selecting any servo.
DS3235 is adequate for the limitless TBH. I'm running a MMX8S with the BEC set at 7.4v so I should be fine there. Just considering a better servo since I'm looking to spend money, LOL

When I got my Kraton and realized that the turning radius was terrible I became hyperfocused on servos. I've completed the servo clip mod so the servo saver is considerably tighter which probably is 70% responsible for the crummy turning radius but we'll see after I get the DS630 installed. Max 6 BEC is 7.4 V with continuous 6A so the DS630 should be fine. According to Promodeler the stall current 7.4V is 4.1A so I should have some headroom there.

Last edited:
Installed!
It's a pretty nice looking servo for sure!
Initial reactions is it's a little faster and stronger than the DS3235 not moving on carpet but not as dramatic as I thought it would be.

IMG_7780.jpeg

IMG_7782.jpeg

Nice servo there. It obviously has more precision, having better Japanese sourced potentiometers, Jap. Motors and better gear train. Japanese servo components rule. With Promodeler, you get what you pay for, no doubt. They take it to the next level.
Nicely setup rig there. (y)

Edit.
What BEC voltage you running this PM DS630 at??:unsure:

Last edited:
Installed!
Initial reactions is it's a little faster and stronger than the DS3235 not moving on carpet but not as dramatic as I thought it would be.

View attachment 243845

View attachment 243846
The 630 isn’t much faster than the DS3235, just waaaay freaking better. 7.4v is great torque and not so much stupid speed that you have to dumb it down with steering expo settings. These things center effing perfectly and (for example) the the PM635 is for sure the craziest servo I’ve ever run in a 1/10, 1/8, 1/7 vehicle. I choose the 630 for most now because they still have good torque but aren’t so freaking fast. I think you made a great choice. Open it up after a couple or three packs, clean out the “run-in” metal dust, regrease it, seal it back up and it’ll run forever.

Last edited:
Curious why you feel the DS3235 servo is not good enough for your Lim?:unsure: I use them on every single Arrma 6s rig ( shown under my Avatar) and Axial crawlers I have. Never failed me yet. Some with 6v BEC some with 7.2 v. Plenty fast enough. Been through the whole Savox , Hitec and other high end $servo$ route. Nothing much to brag about them.
And actually, too fast of a servo is no good. Hard to drive. Being too sensitive for steering input. Works against you. Depending on the servo and BEC in question. A Fast rig does not necessessarily benefit from a FAST servo. 35 kg servos in general are just fine for bashing use. If your BEC is a match for it.

What BEC volt options are available with your Max 6??? Check first. Use your HW ESC programmer to check the Max 6 ESC's BEC parameters.
This is the first thing to sort out before selecting any servo.
so ran both cars today. Limitless has a DS3235 and Kraton has a Promodeler DS630. DS3235 is perfectly adequate for the Limitless and probably the Kraton as well. Steering radius is greatly improved with 3 clips in the servo saver and with the DS630 but the rate limiting piece of equipment remains a loose servo saver in the Kraton. I may had another clip or consider getting a HR servo saver.

so ran both cars today. Limitless has a DS3235 and Kraton has a Promodeler DS630. DS3235 is perfectly adequate for the Limitless and probably the Kraton as well. Steering radius is greatly improved with 3 clips in the servo saver and with the DS630 but the rate limiting piece of equipment remains a loose servo saver in the Kraton. I may had another clip or consider getting a HR servo saver.
I agree, the DS servos are great for the money. I’ve never had one fail yet, and I’ve been running them for years in 3 or 4 of my “lesser” (non-Arrma😊) rigs.
I’ve gone exclusively ProModeler in all of my Arrmas because they they are so precise and center perfectly which is absolutely necessary in a road car, IMO.
As for a servo saver, I can’t recommend the BasherQueen enough. The steering rack and servo saver will totally transform the steering. Throw in her carbon top plate while you’re at it and your steering assembly will have all kinds of mad, sexy bling, too!

Installed!

View attachment 243845

View attachment 243846

Well

I have this same servo on my KEXB 6S, and it turns on wheels on the carpet good. I had a DS3230 in it at first. I also did the servo saver tip with the added washers to tighten the servo saver. Servo could not turn all that well on the carpet. I am still in favor of tightening the servo saver on the EXB it is weak. That and the ProMod servo turned those big wheels on the carpet. I also have it set to 7.4v on the Max6 ESC.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back