Mojave Body is way to fragile. Who else has the front broken?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DenderDennis

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Raider
  3. Senton 3s
What a nice car to drive is the Mojave. I have had hot now for a couple of days and it handles just great.

I really had just one small tap with the front of the car and the front fender line just split. I saw Kevin Talbots video and he had the same. I thought that it was just typical KT's insane bashing but unfortunately I have exactly the same problem.

Maybe, if a lot of people experienced the same problem, Horizon Hobby can do something about it.
So please answer this thread with a picture and maybe, just maybe we can fix this problem.

Note; the ambient temperature was around 10 degrees Celsius.

IMG20231204203857.jpg

IMG20231204203840.jpg

They’re big, heavy trucks. Cold temps do not help a bit. They will fail at the front where yours did and at the rear corners, always. Do a search for how to reinforce the body and choose the method you like. Horizon does not have a fix for this, nor does anyone else. They are thin polycarbonate bodies, and they work fairly well when it’s warm enough for them to flex a lot. A thicker body would break much more easily, especially in the cold.
My solution is to buy a clear replacement body and have fun painting it in whatever vision comes to mind. Here‘s the last one I did for my Mojave. Harley Quinn is driving, and The Transporter (Jason Statham) is riding shotgun. 😊
IMG_2847.jpeg

IMG_2843.jpeg

What are people using to reinforce their bodies?

What are people using to reinforce their bodies?
Polyester drywall tape and ShoeGoo, Gorilla tape, DragonSkinz, etc. Do a quick search, you’ll turn up tons of results.

They’re big, heavy trucks. Cold temps do not help a bit. They will fail at the front where yours did and at the rear corners, always. Do a search for how to reinforce the body and choose the method you like. Horizon does not have a fix for this, nor does anyone else. They are thin polycarbonate bodies, and they work fairly well when it’s warm enough for them to flex a lot. A thicker body would break much more easily, especially in the cold.
My solution is to buy a clear replacement body and have fun painting it in whatever vision comes to mind. Here‘s the last one I did for my Mojave. Harley Quinn is driving, and The Transporter (Jason Statham) is riding shotgun. 😊
View attachment 335397
View attachment 335398
That looks cool!

I have had almost all of the recent Arrma's and never I had this issue. Also the big brother 6S Mojave had a lot of beating but not even a crack. Yeah, when it was a year old. Not 1 hour :-(

I think I will shoogoo the front, p.i.t.a. job but maybe it will work.
Thanks!

Polyester drywall tape and ShoeGoo, Gorilla tape, DragonSkinz, etc. Do a quick search, you’ll turn up tons of results.
I don't remember if it was this forum or another one, but I recall seeing seeing someone mention clear Flex-Seal spray as a good pliable reinforcing option as well.

I have had an idea ... The front of the body is very flexible and during a crash it gives stress to the fender line and that is why I think the seams will crack. If you connect the body to the innerbody then you lose the excessive flex. Just thought. :)

View attachment 335397
View attachment 335398
:unsure: second post tonight you mention Harley Quinn. Bet you like her as much as Ramen?
Suggest keeping the lexan bodies for your Sunday drives. Use cereal boxes for bashing.

Mold issue. Cracking at the mold points
If you ever cut lexan. The splitting on the body is the same. Splitting clean off like if you carved it with a hobbyknife. Can try warranty because its an obvious manufacturer defect
Its like if at the factory they scuffed the seams out. If execive flexes occurs it will snap. On kev talbot video you can see the crack spreading like glass on the seam when he tried to flex the dent back out

:unsure: second post tonight you mention Harley Quinn. Bet you like her as much as Ramen?.
Dude, if I could only just eat both for the rest of my life…

+1 for the drywall tape and Shoe Goo. It's basically fiberglass at that point.

You can do the entire body but it gets heavy. I would do the areas that are weak or wear out quickly.

I've tried the clear Flex Seal with the drywall tape. It works but I almost died. The fumes were horrible and it was a mess ... big mess. Maybe I did it wrong.

maybe we can fix this problem

The folks at ARRMA are the ones that got to solve this - not the paying customer!

Such a shame they obviously leave the QC to their customers. Maybe they should change their slogan to 'Designed fast, designed with a flaw or two'...

I would be quite mad if that happened to me with a 500+ € truck.

Last edited:
What a nice car to drive is the Mojave. I have had hot now for a couple of days and it handles just great.

I really had just one small tap with the front of the car and the front fender line just split. I saw Kevin Talbots video and he had the same. I thought that it was just typical KT's insane bashing but unfortunately I have exactly the same problem.

Maybe, if a lot of people experienced the same problem, Horizon Hobby can do something about it.
So please answer this thread with a picture and maybe, just maybe we can fix this problem.

Note; the ambient temperature was around 10 degrees Celsius.

View attachment 335392

View attachment 335393
Kevin Talbot did a review and the same thing happened.

The folks at ARRMA are the ones that got to solve this - not the paying customer!

Such a shame they obviously leave the QC to their buying customers. Maybe they should change their slogan to 'Designed fast, designed with a flaw or two'...

I would be quite mad if that happened to me with a 500+ € truck.
All true! But they don't beat on the RCs, but have defined tests. Maybe it's time to update the testing procedures.

Say what you will about Traxxas but they actually have an entire team that does nothing but bash and experiment. Of course they probably go through a dozen RCs making the video, but they do see what breaks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back