Outcast Outcast 4s chassis broken at front hinge pin

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good news! Arma is sending a new chassis under warranty! Now that’s great customer service!!

Now keep it on the bunny slopes til you get more proficient on the Higher landings 😉🍺💥

Update—- so we have now broken three chassis on this truck. All in the same place. Front left lower hinge pin tearing out and destroying the chassis.

We have an XMAXx that we run regularly as well. We have not had any serious problems with that truck.

I feel like this is a major design flaw. There is not enough front bumper on this truck to protect the hinge pin area. I will not be purchasing anymore Arma products rest assured.

Update—- so we have now broken three chassis on this truck. All in the same place. Front left lower hinge pin tearing out and destroying the chassis.

We have an XMAXx that we run regularly as well. We have not had any serious problems with that truck.

I feel like this is a major design flaw. There is not enough front bumper on this truck to protect the hinge pin area. I will not be purchasing anymore Arma products rest assured.
Have you tried the arrma 6s m2c hinge pins in the m2c hinge pin blocks with boiled arms?

No I haven’t. I think this will be our last Arma truck, it’s hard enough to get the parts, and they don’t seem to be engineered very well in comparison. Once I get it back together I’ll probably let it go

No I haven’t. I think this will be our last Arma truck, it’s hard enough to get the parts, and they don’t seem to be engineered very well in comparison. Once I get it back together I’ll probably let it go
What’s broken on it? I might be interested in buying it

Buy a Maxx. It drives like poop, but it won’t break.

Just gotta land on the tires right? Hard to resist not sending it😀
Hard to resist when you see all the Influencers sending them all. Just that they never tell you what actually broke. That is all edited out. There are only a few honest influencers out there. The Non sponsored ones.

Hard to resist when you see all the Influencers sending them all. Just that they never tell you what actually broke. That is all edited out. There are only a few honest influencers out there. The Non sponsored ones.
Yeah problem is I wouldn’t call 2-3ft of air exactly sending it would you? I’d be afraid to send this truck off anything higher than a bump in the sidewalk and have it not land directly on its wheels. Easy enough to work on, but I’ll be damned if I want to be swapping chassis out three times a month. Simple physics will tell you that something is going to break eventually, even if it’s not clearly visible right away if you are hitting ramps flat out. The problem with this truck though is it lacks simple protection in an area that is easily compromised . There’s enough cases out there of failure in the exact same place to warrant this being a serious defect in my opinion. And getting a chassis for the v2? Now seems impossible, the v2.5? Only a few around here or there it seems. Let me think about that for a minute. Will I be able to get one in two or three years or will this be a pile of useless plastic?

Buy a Maxx. It drives like poop, but it won’t break.
I've always shunned the maxx but in my quest for durability it keeps coming up. Do you feel that it's the most durable 1/10 or larger rc car? (besides expensive kits and race stuff)?

My friend has one that his kids run into everything in sight . They can’t break the thing. Obviously full sends or curb checks will have results, but if you just tap the front of this outcast you can count on replacing the chassis

Good news! Arma is sending a new chassis under warranty! Now that’s great customer service!!
Who did you send your warranty request to? Arrma or Horizon Hobby? Chris W at Horizon Hobby denied my warranty claim - same thing - and the arm pulling completely away from the chassis like that caused other damage to mine as well. He was no help at all - too bad they have employees like that at horizon. Will not help their companies image for hobbyists.

This might help. I have no personal experience with this part but it can’t hurt. https://m2cracing.net/shop/shop.php...5-A-&-D-BLOCKS/p/586974439/category=138347429

Whoa. I think those would help, the stock pieces wallow out and bend pretty easily, that should assist in keeping the hinge pins in line.
I'm guessing the stock pieces are 6000 series, or worse, instead of 7075 T6. Any chance over-boring the pin hole in the brace, maybe a quarter to half mm, could add a bit of flex at the non-chassis side of the pin, and take some of the shock/stress off of the chassis side? If there was more material, you might even be able to fit a delrin bushing in there.

Who did you send your warranty request to? Arrma or Horizon Hobby? Chris W at Horizon Hobby denied my warranty claim - same thing - and the arm pulling completely away from the chassis like that caused other damage to mine as well. He was no help at all - too bad they have employees like that at horizon. Will not help their companies image for hobbyists.
No went on the Arma site and submitted a warranty claim. Guy named Bill handled it.

I'm guessing the stock pieces are 6000 series, or worse, instead of 7075 T6. Any chance over-boring the pin hole in the brace, maybe a quarter to half mm, could add a bit of flex at the non-chassis side of the pin, and take some of the shock/stress off of the chassis side? If there was more material, you might even be able to fit a delrin bushing in there.
I can bend the stock piece with my fingers. Total junk

Back