Infraction Alternate tires anyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwinTurbo95

Reaction score
Sup guys! Been enjoying my new Infraction. My first on-road car, and needless to say, it is NOT boring. I'm about 5 packs in and i'm noticing the tires will not last much longer. Are there any cheaper alternatives to tires that will last a bit longer?

Thanks!

Other then the GRP's Liberty mentioned, bout the only other tires I've been able to find at a fairly cheap cost amount is a brand called Louise GT. I can find them on Ebay, usually looking at around $50 (set of 4) plus shipping, sometimes no shipping charge.

For my Limitless, I've been locating different option to the Hoons. The Hoons (pretty soft) appear to be the best for the price and quality and traction but don't last long if you are doing burn outs and drifting a lot. On road tires don't last long . Just part of this On-Road genre of RC. Softness of the rubber compound is relative to ambient and surface temps. A harder Shore rating will last longer in general, but will give less traction in colder ambients. Serious speed runs consider this. Softer will yield better traction and wear out faster. Softest is generally for very cold ambients. If you want to drift all day long, search for the hardest compound and hold your breath that it will last the longest. Foams are hard to find. But found 4 on AMZ. I got the last two sets. Can't find anymore there. I also got some really cheap un belted rubber tires and wheels. Come mounted but unglued. So, I will attempt to belt them before gluing them. Then balance them. I highly recommend balancing O/R wheels/tires.
I found that the Sweep Racing of USA (SRC) is located very near to me. (10 min away) I called ahead and they said I can come in to purchase directly. I will go there to see their tire options for my Kraton and Limitl. SRC was making Belted tires before anyone else for more than 20 years. Right now I have 5 sets of tires for my lim. Just need to get her built. I feel Foams are the best for speed runs. They don't have to warm up like rubber does. A little more temp forgiving as well. But foams can chunk apart if using on rough un groomed surfaces. So I generally prefer a "Harder" foam tire to get more life out of them. I prefer Dished wheels versus spoked If I have the option. Spoked wheels look more scale, but tend to crack much easier, especially in the very cold.

https://www.sweepracingusa.com/GT2-Drag-Racing-Speed-runs-BELTED-preglued-tires-set-17mm
https://www.amazon.com/ARRMA-Dboots...TH3SSAE76KY&psc=1&refRID=44ZHM7NJ8TH3SSAE76KY
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SGBFYXV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I noticed that tire diameters vary from brand to brand and your rigs "roll out" will also vary based on that. So when speed running, a gear change may be in order to accommodate that variation of roll out.
Most of my exp. with On road is with TC's and speed running Pan cars. (RC10L 1/10) My very first RC Kit.

Last edited:
@SrC I had looked into those Sweep tires, but didn't feel too confident about purchasing them for speed run use as they only claim up to 100mph.
I have seen the new Pro-Line Avenger HP tires are also rated to 100mph. Those I have seen balloon very badly.

For my Limitless, I've been locating different option to the Hoons. The Hoons (pretty soft) appear to be the best for the price and quality and traction but don't last long if you are doing burn outs and drifting a lot. On road tires don't last long . Just part of this On-Road genre of RC. Softness of the rubber compound is relative to ambient and surface temps. A harder Shore rating will last longer in general, but will give less traction in colder ambients. Serious speed runs consider this. Softer will yield better traction and wear out faster. Softest is generally for very cold ambients. If you want to drift all day long, search for the hardest compound and hold your breath that it will last the longest. Foams are hard to find. But found 4 on AMZ. I got the last two sets. Can't find anymore there. I also got some really cheap un belted rubber tires and wheels. Come mounted but unglued. So, I will attempt to belt them before gluing them. Then balance them. I highly recommend balancing O/R wheels/tires.
I found that the Sweep Racing of USA (SRC) is located very near to me. (10 min away) I called ahead and they said I can come in to purchase directly. I will go there to see their tire options for my Kraton and Limitl. SRC was making Belted tires before anyone else for more than 20 years. Right now I have 5 sets of tires for my lim. Just need to get her built. I feel Foams are the best for speed runs. They don't have to warm up like rubber does. A little more temp forgiving as well. But foams can chunk apart if using on rough un groomed surfaces. So I generally prefer a "Harder" foam tire to get more life out of them. I prefer Dished wheels versus spoked If I have the option. Spoked wheels look more scale, but tend to crack much easier, especially in the very cold.

https://www.sweepracingusa.com/GT2-Drag-Racing-Speed-runs-BELTED-preglued-tires-set-17mm
https://www.amazon.com/ARRMA-Dboots...TH3SSAE76KY&psc=1&refRID=44ZHM7NJ8TH3SSAE76KY
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SGBFYXV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I noticed that tire diameters vary from brand to brand and your rigs "roll out" will also vary based on that. So when speed running, a gear change may be in order to accommodate that variation of roll out.
Most of my exp. with On road is with TC's and speed running Pan cars. (RC10L 1/10) My very first RC Kit.
Any idea what the rollout is on the infraction or on the limitless I got a telemetry thing for my transmitter but it won't tell me the speed on my transmitter but I need the roll out

any clue what the rollout is on then fraction I got a speedometer that I can put on my dx2e but I need the roll out and I got frustrated with trying to figure it out so pretty much wasted $80 at this point but if anyone has an information on hand that would be awesome

Rollout is calculated by the following:

Tire size x Pi = A$
Spur / Pinion (x Internal gear ratio) = B$
A$ / B$ = Rollout

Alternatively:
Tire size x Pinion (x Pi) / (Spur x Internal gear ratio)

Last edited:
Rollout is calculated by the following:

Tire size x Pi = A$
Spur / Pinion (x Internal gear ratio) = B$
A$ / B$ = Rollout

Alternatively:
Tire size x Pinion (x Pi) / (Spur x Internal gear ratio)
You are joking...

@BrandenThelan, put your wheel on a flat surface. Roll it one full rotation. The length that is measured in mm for that one full rotation is called "Tire Rollout". Be precise. And your rollout will translate more accurately with your radios speedometer. Enjoy :cool: ?
I don't think so.
@Brandenthelan is looking to get the individual tire rollout to program his radio speedo. He needs the tire rollout in mm, not the overall final drive ratio of his rig. I am not challenging your math at all. You got this down of course. He just needs tire rollout to setup his optional Spektrum radio speedo add on.:cool:

Last edited:
I read that as he needed 'rollout' - never heard of tire rollout, but I am not doubting you. Tire rollout seems simple enough.

Yeah you are way ahead. You are correct in your math. But for his purpose in setting up his speedo, tire rollout is just that. Tire rolling one full rotation in mm. This gets plugged into his speedo programming. The speedo calculates the rest It was just a simple explanation for him. I've seen this question on many forums before including bicycle forums regarding bicyc. Speedos.. :cool:
@BrandenThelan, if you swap out to different tires, you must reprogram the new wheels Rollout. Again for accuracy. That DX speedo is known to be inaccurate at times. but it's probably user error by not being precise with the tire rollout measurement IMHO.

Last edited:
Here are my grp tires after 1 battery on new blacktop..it was a hot day but they actually melted lol.

Attachments

• IMG_20200807_113009.jpg
    IMG_20200807_113009.jpg
    313.2 KB · Views: 324
Here are my grp tires after 1 battery on new blacktop..it was a hot day but they actually melted lol.
I think you need to re-measure the rollout now.:ROFLMAO:

GRP 1/8 tires are the best bet. They have something like 7 or 8 compounds to choose from. You would be looking for a S7 or other hard compound. The S1 is super soft and would wear out within 1-2 packs of drifting.

Hey guys, stupid question here. I just ordered the infraction and got 2 sets of the
1/7 dBoots Hoons Front 100 Pre-Mounted Belted Tires, 17mm Hex (2)...

I’m reading that you should not mount these on the rear because the gear ratios vary from the front to the back tires.. something like 100 mm front to 107 mm back.. is that only on the felony or is the infraction the same set up?

Hey guys, stupid question here. I just ordered the infraction and got 2 sets of the

I’m reading that you should not mount these on the rear because the gear ratios vary from the front to the back tires.. something like 100 mm front to 107 mm back.. is that only on the felony or is the infraction the same set up?
That is only on the Felony. You should be fine running matched tires on the Infraction (y)

Felony ONLY has different taller rear tire size. And thus a different rear axle ratio in regards. LIm and infr use same tires at all four corners.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back