Alternative for stock Spektrum motor on Vorteks 4x4 3S BLX RTR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeaMan

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Vorteks
Hi all!

I'm looking for an alternative motor for my Vorteks 4x4 3S BLX RTR.
Waiting on my third motor (spmxsm2000) with just 8-10 full batterypacks driven in total (the two motors together:rolleyes:) (!!) that's in back-order, under warranty fortunately:p
Saw some useful posts on the forum regarding stuck motors because of dust, so i'll get myself some double sided tape around the spur opening next when i'll have a new motor!

So I just wonder; do you guys have some recommendations for another 3660 motor that works well with the stock Spektrum ESC?
The EZRUN-3660SL-3200KV-G2 maybe? Or something else?

Thanks in advance!:cool:

Last edited:
I have a stock vorteks motor that has like 4 runs on it that you could buy if you wanted to. The plan was 4s so I already had a motor ready for that just wanted to try 3s first

I have a stock vorteks motor that has like 4 runs on it that you could buy if you wanted to. The plan was 4s so I already had a motor ready for that just wanted to try 3s first
Thank you for the offer Stephen, but i rather have another (better) motor alternative that's probably easier in maintenance, like changing the bearrings, than the stock Spektrum. Also there's a Spektrum under way under warranty so :)
But again; i appreciate the offer! :)

Thank you for the offer Stephen, but i rather have another (better) motor alternative that's probably easier in maintenance, like changing the bearrings, than the stock Spektrum. Also there's a Spektrum under way under warranty so :)
But again; i appreciate the offer! :)
Understandable! I don't really have any specific recommendations but I'm running a hobby star now and I have multiple hobby wings that have given me no problems

Understandable! I don't really have any specific recommendations but I'm running a hobby star now and I have multiple hobby wings that have given me no problems
Can you give me some modelnumbers?
Thanks, i'll check them out!
Don't you miss extra power because they are 2850kv? Also; what's the differrence between 3660 and 3670? Larger?

Can you give me some modelnumbers?

Thanks, i'll check them out!
Don't you miss extra power because they are 2850kv? Also; what's the differrence between 3660 and 3670? Larger?
The 3670 2850kv is more powerful than the stock motor. It’s longer (70mm) and the lower kv runs cooler. You can gear up (larger pinion) for the same or more speed.

3660 is 36mm diameter and 60mm length. 3670 is 36mm/70mm.

The 3670 2850kv is more powerful than the stock motor. It’s longer (70mm) and the lower kv runs cooler. You can gear up (larger pinion) for the same or more speed.

3660 is 36mm diameter and 60mm length. 3670 is 36mm/70mm.
Thanks for the explanation:giggle:
Sounds pretty good, especially for that price!
Think i'm gonna order that Surpass Hobby 3670 2850kv:cool:

Thanks for the explanation:giggle:
Sounds pretty good, especially for that price!
Think i'm gonna order that Surpass Hobby 3670 2850kv:cool:
I have that motor, and it's great. The torque is so much better than stock, and with the right pinion it's as fast as stock. It also runs so much cooler than the stock motor when driven in the same manner. You will need a different pinion: the Surpass motors have a 5mm shaft vice the 3.125mm shaft on the stock Spektrum 3s motor.

You will need a different pinion: the Surpass motors have a 5mm shaft vice the 3.125mm shaft on the stock Spektrum 3s motor.
Yes he needs a different pinion but it’s because of arrma’s proprietary pinion system. The shaft on the stock motor is 5mm.

Yes he needs a different pinion but it’s because of arrma’s proprietary pinion system. The shaft on the stock motor is 5mm.
Didn't know about the 'safe-D5' pinion system!

Will an Arrma 20T, 0.8 Mod (AR310876) work on the Surpass motor?

Last edited:
Sorry about that: I have too many vehicles with different motors in them, and it's hard to keep track of the different shaft sizes on each of them.

Will an Arrma 20T, 0.8 Mod (AR310876) work on the Surpass motor?
No. Look at Robinson Racing pinions for high quality. Traxxas pinions are a little cheaper and I’ve had good luck with them.

Edit: just looked up the part number and it might fit. Doesn’t seem to be one of the newer pinions.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back