Kraton Am I the only one that's like meh?‍♂️

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks awsome in the air, doesn't look to good bent up on the bench.. that's unfortunate, but that kind of wieght meeting the ground it's going to happen.. it makes me wonder how the rear center shaft faired, at the very least it must be adding some pressure to the center diff carrier, if not bent...

I've bent every stock Arrma chassis: Kraton, Talion, Notorious and Typhon. That's what happens when you full send these trucks. I can't wait for M2C to produce a chassis for the 8S Kraton. I will ready with money in hand!

That was what I wanted to see, someone gearing it up a bit, increasing the punch and letting her fly! That was some great footage. Really making me chomp at the bit for @Rich Duperbash to post up a video of him running it at his bmx area.

It's very strange hearing the lower drone of the lower KV motor and see that thing screaming along the dirt.
Rich’s Park was leveled a month or so ago. I’m pretty sure that’s why we haven’t seen a bunch of stuff from him lately. His buddy T-Dogg made a video of the workers using heavy equipment and turning it into a flat field. ?
He doesn't look like, he bent the brace AND the chassis plate. Pretty sure he will talk about that to M2C and there will be a chassis plate pretty soon. Shame that this one bent like the others.

But so far i haven't bent my 6s.
He said at the end he did bend both. ??‍♂️

Meh No. I think it’s awesome. I drive a f150 would like a f250. Wouldn’t need a f450 but still think they are cool and have a place and purpose. Can’t wait to kick the tires And look under the hood on the 8 s at my LHS.

Rich’s Park was leveled a month or so ago. I’m pretty sure that’s why we haven’t seen a bunch of stuff from him lately. His buddy T-Dogg made a video of the workers using heavy equipment and turning it into a flat field. ?

He said at the end he did bend both. ??‍♂️
The chassis bend was pretty minor. The brace is something I would just straighten. Like I've said previously, I e bent every stock chassis from Arrma. And I bent the brace on my Talion the first time I took it to the BMX track. M2C will have a solution for the chassis and this thing with be a flying tank ???

Go big or go home. Sadly, it wasnt "big" enough.

Sure, it's size is an upgrade. But that's it. It's Arrma's largest scale yet. Flagship model of sorts, and it's just a rehash with no personal identity beyond size. Which, as others stated, brings along a sizable maintenance cost increase.

People wanted and screamed for an Xmaxx killer. The crazy build up of anticipation and teasers for what is only a competitor to the Xmaxx is why we feel slightly shafted.

My expectations were high, I'll admit. I expected them to give a talented enough engineer the task of creating a bigger updated Nero. Lay down shocks would be a must, cantilevered or not. Along with being well out of the possibility of another lawsuit. Tell the right engineer it can't be done, and that would be all the required motivation. It's not impossible, I can say that for sure.

I don't mean to seem like I'm hating on Arrma, just my own personal flavor of constructive criticism.

all version 1 RC cars have their fails ! thanksfully some will still buy them so that version 2 or 3 gets better !

lol!
so let's be thankfull !!
Do you think they will do something about these chassis snapping? I can live with bent. Broken though? That's no good ?

Do you think they will do something about these chassis snapping? I can live with bent. Broken though? That's no good ?

i heard about mt2 chassis that broke : i don't know how they did it because all the crashes and stunts i did with mine didn't break the chassis !!
when i asked hobao about new upgrades, i asked them what they will do about those broken chassis : they replied no one contacted them !

Oh man! That made my stomach hurt to hear! That totally sucks!

Ofc it can be judged.been there..When you go up in size, more then double the weight more then that, and ad 1mm on a stamped wet alu chassi, we all know from the 6s line, big troubble will be here.

I like the idea, i do. But when having so many issiues with the 6s line, making it more or less identical but just bigger and much heavier, bigger issiues will be here
I agree brother... I'm just waiting on aftermarket parts and seeing results before I pull the trigger ???

Im excited to see Arrma enter the large scale market. This is a V1 version and there will be bugs to work out. The more vids I see, the more I'm digging it. When this beast is jumped you can hear the chassis slap, it's more extreme than it's little brother, kind of like a giant stomping his foot. Lol

The more pics I see of the 8S Kraton the more my 6S looks meh.

Why? The Kraton 6s is an awesome beauty. Sell your 6s and get the bigger one then. They look the same, but one is way bigger than the other. I'm keeping my Kraton 6s.
Go big or go home. Sadly, it wasnt "big" enough.

Sure, it's size is an upgrade. But that's it. It's Arrma's largest scale yet. Flagship model of sorts, and it's just a rehash with no personal identity beyond size. Which, as others stated, brings along a sizable maintenance cost increase.

People wanted and screamed for an Xmaxx killer. The crazy build up of anticipation and teasers for what is only a competitor to the Xmaxx is why we feel slightly shafted.

My expectations were high, I'll admit. I expected them to give a talented enough engineer the task of creating a bigger updated Nero. Lay down shocks would be a must, cantilevered or not. Along with being well out of the possibility of another lawsuit. Tell the right engineer it can't be done, and that would be all the required motivation. It's not impossible, I can say that for sure.

I don't mean to seem like I'm hating on Arrma, just my own personal flavor of constructive criticism.
I think for it to be a "xmaxx killer" or whatever people came up with, it needed to be a true MT like an Outcast 8s 1/5 no? That woud have excited me a bit more and others from what I've seen and read. But the "xmaxx killer" label came from the consumers and not Arrma I believe.

Last edited:
Why? The Kraton 6s is an awesome beauty. Sell your 6s and get the bigger one then. They look the same, but one is way bigger than the other. I'm keeping my Kraton 6s
I could care less what you keep. If the Kraton 6S is awesome beauty then why isn't the 8S? Like you said, they look the same. Are you just mad Arrma didn't make the mt you so badly wanted?

20191124_044931.jpg

Where did pee nut say that? I said it. Why did I say it? Because the 8S Kraton is a big, bad mf, that's why. Oh, and learn how to quote.

I could care less what you keep. If the Kraton 6S is awesome beauty then why isn't the 8S? Like you said, they look the same. Are you just mad Arrma didn't make the mt you so badly wanted?

View attachment 54905

Where did pee nut say that? I said it. Why did I say it? Because the 8S Kraton is a big, bad mf, that's why. Oh, and learn how to quote.
Calm down were just talking about toys here not something super important. ?. And yes the Kraton 8s is a beautiful rig too.

Well one thing is for sure, the new kraton has brought forth some peoples true colors in this hobby... adult people with toy trucks stomping thier feet like kids... good way to ruin what we are all here for, (fun)..... since the day this was released it's been toxic to the community as a whole... if this is what 5th scale is all about, (which sure seems that way) I don't know why anyone would want to get into it.. opinions getting attacked on a personal level like they stole your wife or something, I just don't understand that mentality... reality is, no matter how big, how expensive, we are still adults playing with a toy truck for fun... but yet the fun is sucked out of it with toxicity... seems foolish...

Well one thing is for sure, the new kraton has brought forth some peoples true colors in this hobby... adult people with toy trucks stomping thier feet like kids... good way to ruin what we are all here for, (fun)..... since the day this was released it's been toxic to the community as a whole... if this is what 5th scale is all about, (which sure seems that way) I don't know why anyone would want to get into it.. opinions getting attacked on a personal level like they stole your wife or something, I just don't understand that mentality... reality is, no matter how big, how expensive, we are still adults playing with a toy truck for fun... but yet the fun is sucked out of it with toxicity... seems foolish...

Personal attacks should not be tolerated.

Everything else? Fair game. It’s called an opinion. Mine happens to be I just picked up a brand new X maxx 8s locally for $500 sealed. I waited to see what Arrma had to offer. Just is not my cup of tea at this point for many reason.

And I own (4) Arrma 6s and 3s vehicles that I love.

But that said I stated my opinions here and voted with my wallet. Just because people are complaining on a public forum, doesn’t mean they are wrong. It’s their opinion.

I’m all about Arrma. I also feel like this isn’t a product that will compete with the X maxx. That category for me is now covered by, owning an xmaxx in addition to all of my Arrma rigs.

I’m glad people are giving honest opinions. If Arrma really listens to their customers like these forums say they do, maybe I’ll be interested in a V2 of this truck.

Yes this is still a hobby. But we aren’t talking toy boats and model rockets. We’re talking thousands of dollars of equipment and vehicles.

If you can afford to kit out a nice Arrma 6s rig, money isn’t so much of the issue. But getting a quality, durable product that fits my wants? That’s my concern. I’ll pay for anything if I think it’s worth it and I really want it.

Arrma went outside of their current customer base of budget minded, new RC hobbyist with this 8s truck and a lot don't understand what the new product is all about. That's how I see it. I see a ton of uninformed opinions and those do tend to irritate me. For that I apologize.

Arrma went outside of their current customer base of budget minded, new RC hobbyist with this 8s truck and a lot don't understand what the new product is all about. That's how I see it. I see a ton of uninformed opinions and those do tend to irritate me. For that I apologize.

No reason to apologize. You are going to be irritated, it’s a open forum on the internet with many people who’s point of view probably will not coincide with yours.

I wasn’t complaining about the cost. I’ve paid plenty more for things I felt were worth it. All of the reported issues, breaks, tweaks, bends, and general low durability are what drove my decision. The same youtubers Arrma has depended on in the past for honest opinions, are the ones who have publicly outed many of these issues. Double edge sword.

Make a good product, people will pay almost anything for it. Cut corners and make something much less durable than your own competing products? Expect some back lash. Especially on the internet.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back