Kraton Am I the only one that's like meh?‍♂️

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KT is entertaining with his Kaos. Jay Tee I almost always pass him up. To be honest, I actually ignore him. I watch KT for a few seconds and skim through his stuff to laugh. I just never liked JT. My 10 yo son says JT is a know it all. His words. I am always impartial and let him decide. It is funny that we both agree, My son loves @bicketybam and @Rich Duperbash and the rest. He likes RC saylers. They are family oriented I guess.
I shouldn't talk because I don't do video. My son wants to be YT so bad. I am getting a GP Hero for the Holidays.
Your son has good taste ?? Tell him I said hi!

@bicketybam I will do that.(y):) He goes on the Forum as a guest and tells me what I post. He wants his own account.Lol
In reference to YTubers, I find myself liking the guys that are honest and no frills grass roots. I like videos of former and current track guys that are real builders not just Open the box guys.. Because I share the same blood perhaps. For many years past I was opposed to RTR rigs. But the Hobby changed and Arrma became my RTR brand.

I agree, called to order my Losi Super Rock Rey with upgrades (thanks for the photo Ed in another group... local distributor said the vehicle was not available, only parts. Sooooooo, Its now between the Kraton8s or the Losi DBXL-E 2.0. Waiting to see how quickly @bicketybam . Gets his parts and upgrades become available. I truly like Losi (as a side note I think business wise Losi could be true Traxxas competitor). But something inside of me really wants my first Arrma, and at the purchase price between the two. I have an instant $200 to buy upgrades on the Kraton.
@bicketybam . (eyeroll) post your how to upgrade videos... I don't know Sh!t about these electrics. If you wanna install a 9.5 hp Full mod G340RC with a +2mm stroker OBR reed case. Message me.

My brap brother, these people don’t know how fun gas is and how well built some of the 1/5th scales are. The Kraton 8s is a great step for electric and large scale in general, but a Losi 5ive T for example is much tougher and also much more money.

Losi is great stuff. But also very expensive in general with all of their offerings. And aftermarket tends to be a little weak with Losi. Correct me if I am wrong. Arrma wants to be attainable for the masses. Their pricepoint reflects that.

Losi is more expensive and their racing line is much more still. Then again, not always. The newer LST monster truck (forget the name 3xle? Maybe). Is only $499.00 under cutting the outcast. Arrma can’t always be the cheap option moving forward because then you buy stuff with cost cutting techniques like stamped chassis etc. and that hurts brand image. When Kevin Talbot tells 400k people that Arrma has weak chassis, then now Arrma will have to step it up at some point. I’d rather spend $100.00 more to get CNC chassis and towers from the start. A $600.00 6s line wouldn’t be nuts price wise if they came with 7075 stock issued parts. That would be a great value.

I think we all need to realize that if you can make room for a $550 toy truck in your life, you can make room for a little more and let companies put out their best efforts. I think price shaming Arrma (happens on here recently) is not going to work to anyone’s benefit. I’m actually upset that the Kraton 8s wasn’t $999.00 but had super tough 7075 5mm chassis and CNC braces because now I’ll have to spend $300.00 for that in the aftermarket.

Yeah, 7075 and billet cnc makes the cut without question. That's why I have my Tekno MT. I paid heavily for that. And it fits the bill for me where Arrma doesn't. But Arrma rounds out my collection nicely. I see your point though. Stamped 6061 is kind of dated material when you figure in high power Brushless drivetrains. My Tekno MT cost almost 2 K8s's when all said and done twice over.

Last edited:
@Rich Duperbash , you inspired me when you bashed your Tekno way back. You made me pull the plug on that MT410. I never looked back;)
Big thanks for that.(y) You and Tdog
JT all the way. If and it’s a big IF I watch KEV I have to mute it.
Got to mute Kev for sure. JT.. I just don't connect for some reason. Probably a great guy too. Maybe I should pay more attention to him. Vas the Aussie, it took a while for him to grow on me. Kev reminds me of The Three Stooges.

Last edited:
Yeah, 7075 and billet cnc makes the cut without question. That's why I have my Tekno MT. I paid heavily for that. And it fits the bill for me where Arrma doesn't. But Arrma rounds out my collection nicely. I see your point though. Stamped 6061 is kind of dated material when you figure in high power Brushless drivetrains. My Tekno MT cost almost 2 K8s's when all said and done twice over.

I own 2 MT410s, 1 et48.3, and one EB48.4 so I know allllll about it lol. We still need to bash our trucks one of these days, I wish my life wasn’t so crazy. I haven’t had an RC out in about 5 months!! Crazy.

There isn't a truck that Arrma can make that will kill off the Xmaxx. It's wildly popular and there are a ton out there. Let's be realistic. And competition is good. Why would we want to "kill" the Xmaxx?
Competition is good for the hobby and "capitalism."

I like @razorrc . He appears fair in his reviews. I don't always agree with him. He may bring up issues that are non issues. He is dead on with specs. Does his homework. Is technical. He's not afraid to call out a manufacturer on an issue. I can tell he has a lot of experience that I can relate with. And he is very broad with his selection of rigs.
Wondering why he was only able to review a demo of the K8S without a running video. He probably did solicit Arrma and HH to get one.
He, like me, doesn't like Pillow ball suspensions as a preference in a front end design. But PB's are here to stay for most contemporary rigs. I get that.

This truck cant be an xmaxx killer, have seen kevin tabot already bent the chassis, after just some big jumps not skyhigh but High.

Xmaxx would have survived where this fail in many ways. Shame arrma making tough trucks with weak chassis, would like to buy it but why buy a rc car where the biggest part is weak, same with kraton 6s, why don't they learn and just deliver it with plastic or ticker aluminium?
Just cant understand why they deliver a rc truck on thin weak chassis when they could have learned their mistake with kraton 6s and avoided it. And when are we going to see an upgraded version of kraton 6s with better chassis? Still find it wierd they dosnt do anything about the bend issue.

Last edited:
This truck cant be an xmaxx killer, have seen kevin tabot already bent the chassis, after just some big jumps not skyhigh but High.

Xmaxx would have survived where this fail in many ways. Shame arrma making tough trucks with weak chassis, would like to buy it but why buy a rc car where the biggest part is weak, same with kraton 6s, why don't they learn and just deliver it with plastic or ticker aluminium?
Just cant understand why they deliver a rc truck on thin weak chassis when they could have learned their mistake with kraton 6s and avoided it. And when are we going to see an upgraded version of kraton 6s with better chassis? Still find it wierd they dosnt do anything about the bend issue.
Well, you can already get an upgraded chassis for the K6S. Thing is, most people are not going to need it because they don't send it like some of these YT guys. Same thing goes for the K8S. Why make the chassis thicker and heavier when only a small percent of owners are gonna bend them? That's where aftermarket parts come in. There's no upgraded chassis for the K8S yet, but you can bet your ass there will be.

Because no RC company designs their trucks for that kind of abuse. It’s like saying Shame on Chevy for not making a Silverado that can’t survive a 60 mph head on collision. Be real

2015Gtrbe:

Compare it to a collision in 60mph with a real car isnt to be real.

Skate park isnt for the kraton, but it is a few other brands out there that take the same jump without bending just saying.

Last edited:
Well, you can already get an upgraded chassis for the K6S. Thing is, most people are not going to need it because they don't send it like some of these YT guys. Same thing goes for the K8S. Why make the chassis thicker and heavier when only a small percent of owners are gonna bend them? That's where aftermarket parts come in. There's no upgraded chassis for the K8S yet, but you can bet your ass there will be.
I really think they could have made some chassis channels in the rear section and it would be stronger and less likely to bend. They made these channels in other areas of the chassis, but they neglected to add them to the most narrow section. I would like to see someone make a support like a skid plate sized piece that just reinforced that section. It would be less cost than another chassis and lighter too.

2015Gtrbe:

Compare it to a collision in 60mph with a real car isnt to be real.

Skate park isnt for the kraton, but it is a few other brands out there that take the same jump without bending just saying.
Skateparks are for skateboards. How many times is the kt video going to be mention. Read the freakin threads...

I don't think strengthening the center brace alone is the answer. It's a single point hinged connection like the 6S, correct? When the chassis deforms it's simply going to pivot at the joint. The lack of flex of the bar can transfer more load into the bulkheads as well. I think the answer is to retain a relatively compliant t2t and replace the chassis plate with a higher yield strength. Of course let's be honest, is everyone going to take their 8s to the skate park or jump 50'+ jumps? Certainly not. I assume stock is fine for most people.

Last edited:
After seeing how @bicketybam chassis bent from landing on the rock, it’s obvious that @Mitchell looper is gonna be a very busy man. It’s not just where impact that’s going to deform the stock chassis. It just needs a 7075 and thicker chassis. Just like the 6S rigs, as Ed says. Wondering about the rod and shock ends tho. Hope Ed finds a permanent solution there too. I know it is probably colder in CT than where most others ran (other than RCDriver), so that is very likely a good reason his split more.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back