Infraction Any alternative tyres and wheels for the Infraction?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if wrapping the tire with self vulcanizing tape after they show the belts would be a better fix? This would take a little bit of time to allow the tape to cure, but a single roll of tape should repair hundreds of tires.

Vulcanizing Tape

https://www.mcmaster.com/Vulcanizing-Tape/rubber-sealing-tape
Sounds like a good ideas. Just make sure you wrap them counter clockwise so the tape doesn’t peel off on the road when you throttle. Will be interesting to see how the tape wears down. Give it a go and let us know.
I know it hasn't come up here yet, but I'll take the brunt of the attack. X0-1 wheels and tires are actually a slightly larger diameter than Hoons and way bigger than GRP. Only thing is the hub has Traxa$$ propietary style 17mm hubs, but a quick pass with a Dremel would take care of that.
Good to know but how long do they last and do they have foam inserts or are they solid rubber to the rim?
I believe that Arrma need to make a solid rubber tyre for these trucks so that we get at least 15-20 packs worth.

Sounds like a good ideas. Just make sure you wrap them counter clockwise so the tape doesn’t peel off on the road when you throttle. Will be interesting to see how the tape wears down. Give it a go and let us know.

Good to know but how long do they last and do they have foam inserts or are they solid rubber to the rim?
I believe that Arrma need to make a solid rubber tyre for these trucks so that we get at least 15-20 packs worth.
As good as Arrma cars are { or we make them } it's a money-making exercise why make tires that last so we the people don't spend are $ . i run grp s7 's last about 10 packs hooning on Infraction and in the UK a pair of hoons is the same price as 4 grp's

Not sure if the math works out at the end, I talked to several people that were ready to pull the trigger but when I told them about the 'tire reality' they changed their mind. We definitely need a tire for street bashing that holds for 20-30 packs imho.
I'll try the rubber approach just for grins. Only thing I'm afraid of is that it will rip at 60mph and cause more damage than it saved money.

That is a question I cannot answer. I looked into them because of the diameter which would translate to a higher top speed for my Typhon. I may have a report in the summer when I buy and try a set. Not much spec info on the build of the tire, even on the Traxxa$$ website.🤔

Not sure if the math works out at the end, I talked to several people that were ready to pull the trigger but when I told them about the 'tire reality' they changed their mind. We definitely need a tire for street bashing that holds for 20-30 packs imho.
I'll try the rubber approach just for grins. Only thing I'm afraid of is that it will rip at 60mph and cause more damage than it saved money.
Yeh good point about it flying off at 60mph. I've had mind on for a few packs now and they seem pretty stuck onto the rim. I run the truck from cold until they get hot after a few minutes and check them, if they're ok, I keep going.

When they ripped off with the polyurethane, if started hitting the body and I stopped it immediately and caused no damage at all.
You can also run the truck without the body for the first pack and see how they go.

I'm also working on another idea, but will take a few weeks (maybe months) until I have results. I'm determined to quash this dilemma of ours. lol

What's the 'other idea'? Worst case would be that someone else will try it and we 'crowdsource' a solution. Someone alreadymmentioned aa 3" rubber pipe,iif there is such a thing and can be installed.

What's the 'other idea'? Worst case would be that someone else will try it and we 'crowdsource' a solution. Someone alreadymmentioned aa 3" rubber pipe,iif there is such a thing and can be installed.
Found a company today that deals in plastics and rubber and yes, it's along the lines of a 100mm dia rubber pipe cut into 42mm wide pieces that slide onto the rim and glued around the edges.

GRP is 80mm in diameter, I wonder if a combo of vulcanizing rubber and rubber pipe would work. Finding the right pipe here will be tricky, 3 inch isn't large enough.

GRP is 80mm in diameter, I wonder if a combo of vulcanizing rubber and rubber pipe would work. Finding the right pipe here will be tricky, 3 inch isn't large enough.
Not tricky at all. They will machine a 4” slug of rubber down to the right inside and outside diameters. Easy. 😃

How'd you go with this option? Tyre cost is the main thing stopping my from getting an infraction.
They are doing really well. Not sure if you’ve watched the videos on my YT channel but I’ve done 2 tests so far and I’ll be doing more in the coming weeks. I also have a set of GRP S7 wheels that are lasting pretty well to so once I burn down my solids I’m going to see how much longer my GRPs last then I’m going to solid tire them too because I really like the look of those rims. 😎👍🏼

They are doing really well. Not sure if you’ve watched the videos on my YT channel but I’ve done 2 tests so far and I’ll be doing more in the coming weeks. I also have a set of GRP S7 wheels that are lasting pretty well to so once I burn down my solids I’m going to see how much longer my GRPs last then I’m going to solid tire them too because I really like the look of those rims. 😎👍🏼
Checking them out now 👍

Was the more recent test running the tyres that are 'rings' or glued strips?

Wondering if you got the machined solution working.

Cheers

Was the more recent test running the tyres that are 'rings' or glued strips?

Wondering if you got the machined solution working.

Cheers
The rings are the latest tests. The strips worked ok but they were coming apart but the rings are awesome. Gonna go out this weekend and run another test on smooth asphalt. Once they wear close to the rim I’ll just grind off what’s left and sleeve a new set on.

The rings are the latest tests. The strips worked ok but they were coming apart but the rings are awesome. Gonna go out this weekend and run another test on smooth asphalt. Once they wear close to the rim I’ll just grind off what’s left and sleeve a new set on.
Sounds awesome. Can you provide information on what you did to make/source the ring version tyres?

Sounds awesome. Can you provide information on what you did to make/source the ring version tyres?
Contact Troy at AE Components and he has the details bro.

https://aecomponents.com.au/

He has the dimensions for the Arrma rims but I’m still waiting on the GRP’s to wear down to get the sizes of the rims. That might take a while 🤣

Contact Troy at AE Components and he has the details bro.

https://aecomponents.com.au/

He has the dimensions for the Arrma rims but I’m still waiting on the GRP’s to wear down to get the sizes of the rims. That might take a while 🤣
May need some of those for the Vendetta and Infraction 4x4 rims too.

May need some of those for the Vendetta and Infraction 4x4 rims too.
Absolutely. You can use the guys I did or just find a company near you that can machine the rubber sleeves from a 100mm diameter rubber slug. I’ll have my new video up on Friday with the results of my 3rd test (6th pack). 😎🤙🏼

If you have success with the product from AE Components and they make them for the 35/085mm(4x4 Arrma's) rims, and there cheaper than the Dboots elevens and Hoons, then I'll buy them. There is no cheap alterative onroad tyres on the market for just thrashing and doing burnouts. We need solids not for speed runs, just for shredding.

I'll definitely watch your video. Been subscribed for a while now.

Last edited:
If you have success with the product from AE Components and they make them for the 35/085mm(4x4 Arrma's) rims, and there cheaper than the Dboots elevens and Hoons, then I'll buy them. There is no cheap alterative offroad tyres on the market for just thrashing and doing burnouts. We need solids not for speed runs, just for shredding.

I'll definitely watch your video. Been subscribed for a while now.
I’ve not used a set of the Elevens but I’m assuming they last about the same as the Hoons right? I’m sure they can make them into whatever size you want. It’s also in the compound of the rubber. The ones I’m testing are pretty hard and slip a lot when cold but once they warm up they are brilliant.
I’m going to be trying a slightly softer compound until I find the right mix of grip vs wear.
They will probably be double the price but when they last 10x longer, it’s a no brainer for sure.
Once I find the right ones, I’ll most probably be looking at supplying them. I’m also going to make a set for the GRP rims I have as I absolutely love the look of them.
Thanks for the sub bro and keep your eye out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back