Any DBXLE experts here??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does a Max4 make a big difference even without moving to a bigger motor?
It used to make a big difference because it had sensor wire and also offered data logging. Now I guess it’s kinda subjective 🤷🏼‍♂️. if you really want to gear it aggressively with big heavy wheels ie Duratrax which are ridiculously heavy and have a fat contact patch, I would say obviously yes it makes a difference. If you just want to boot around… nah

50 more amps gotta matter! It better matter! 🤣
What do you think Moirae? Duratrax are heavier than ProLines I think no? Wish I still had both sets.

Those look decent... but if you want Vitavons just shell out the extra $80 and get them... they are worth it.
On my latest one I went with the FID supports and center housings... I have yet to install that stuff so I'm not sure how fitment is...
I roof landed my max4 DB last weekend off of a snow mound, probably from 15'.... this is the damage. If that stuff was stock it would have wrecked the whole front end for sure!!!... Mike
Screenshot_20240305_155559_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240305_155555_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240305_155550_Gallery.jpg

Those look decent... but if you want Vitavons just shell out the extra $80 and get them... they are worth it.
On my latest one I went with the FID supports and center housings... I have yet to install that stuff so I'm not sure how fitment is...
I roof landed my max4 DB last weekend off of a snow mound, probably from 15'.... this is the damage. If that stuff was stock it would have wrecked the whole front end for sure!!!... Mike View attachment 352678View attachment 352679View attachment 352680
Damn. Just the shock tower?

Well, two battery straps, wings busted a little more, shock mount, tower, and the body has a little more damage up front...sad to say but this is my most expensive rc and also the shittiest looking @ the same time!!!! Mike

Well, two battery straps, wings busted a little more, shock mount, tower, and the body has a little more damage up front...sad to say but this is my most expensive rc and also the shittiest looking @ the same time!!!! Mike
Damn, that’s a lot more damage than I noticed in the pics. Hopefully not too bad to fix.

You have a bunch of DBXLs right? Have you considered an MTXL, 5ive-B, or 5ive-T?

It used to make a big difference because it had sensor wire and also offered data logging. Now I guess it’s kinda subjective 🤷🏼‍♂️. if you really want to gear it aggressively with big heavy wheels ie Duratrax which are ridiculously heavy and have a fat contact patch, I would say obviously yes it makes a difference. If you just want to boot around… nah

What do you think Moirae? Duratrax are heavier than ProLines I think no? Wish I still had both sets.
I always feel like I'm missing out but honestly the max 5 g2 is definitely good enough for the price. Max is literally double the price. I say that but I went max 4 on multiple rigs 🤣
I roof landed my max4 DB last weekend off of a snow mound, probably from 15'.... this is the damage. If that stuff was stock it would have wrecked the whole front end for sure!!!... Mike View attachment 352678View attachment 352679View attachment 352680
I'm pretty happy with all my fid stuff including the bulkheads. 😎 👍🏾

I always feel like I'm missing out but honestly the max 5 g2 is definitely good enough for the price. Max is literally double the price. I say that but I went max 4 on multiple rigs 🤣
Do you think a Max5 G2 is enough ESC for a 5ive-T? Probably paired to a 2028 800kv.

Sadly I’ve been neglecting mine since the fall when I broke the front bulkhead supports. Time to get it in shape for the summer. I really want Vitavon bulkheads but I found a slightly cheaper option, can’t decide…
https://www.ebay.com/itm/204641224844
Thx...

I picked up a used but new DBXL-E, so I'm watching everything.

Right now, I have the rear apart starting there will move over the entire rig. The shimming looks good, and the mesh is great as stock...all the movement is as good as I would shim my 6S rigs already. Diff input gear has two shims behind it different sizes. Then there is one shim against the outer cup when you slide the input back in.

A member here told me about this for the rear so I ordered one:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/265381735440?var=565216120232

I am hoping it provides the support to keep the rear inline and no flex. Not sure if I need it on the front just yet/

I am not jumping mine just bashing....how did you take out the bulkhead support?

Do you think a Max5 G2 is enough ESC for a 5ive-T? Probably paired to a 2028 800kv.
thats a tough one, I want to say sure why not? but if it was me I'd go max 4 not even going to lie lol. I know all those large scale gas guys consider the 5iveT to be a clear level above the dbxl so that fact alone would make me want to go big. I'm sure you'd be ok with the max 5 though that will be one chunky rig.

how did you take out the bulkhead support?
I was launching it off a berm about 10’ in the air. One of the jumps I kinda lost control and it did a nosedive and a few cartwheels. At first I didn’t even notice until I hit the throttle and the front would lift way up and when I let off it would drop way down to the point of almost rubbing the ground. After closer inspection the whole front end would open up like a largemouth bass since the shock tower also mounts to the bulkhead supports. It was funny as heck.

thats a tough one, I want to say sure why not? but if it was me I'd go max 4 not even going to lie lol. I know all those large scale gas guys consider the 5iveT to be a clear level above the dbxl so that fact alone would make me want to go big. I'm sure you'd be ok with the max 5 though that will be one chunky rig.
Would you use a 56mm or 70mm can with that Max4?

Would you use a 56mm or 70mm can with that Max4?
I've always avoided the big 70mm hw can because of weight. I'd rather go tp 5870, That's actually what I have in my dbxl. I got multiple tp 5870 750kv motors, kind of been my go to for 12s

DBXL-E 2.0 owners

I broke down my shocks today on my new used rig. I added the firmer springs, but I noticed something on the pistons.

The rear has long tubing on the piston and front has shorter tubing. I do not see that on the exploded view. Does the tubing come stock....or maybe the former owner added it?

It's weird doing these shocks compared to the 6S. There is no hole to bleed out the air on the cap and tighten it. So, I will assume it is right :LOL:

DBXL-E 2.0 owners

I broke down my shocks today on my new used rig. I added the firmer springs, but I noticed something on the pistons.

The rear has long tubing on the piston and front has shorter tubing. I do not see that on the exploded view. Does the tubing come stock....or maybe the former owner added it?

It's weird doing these shocks compared to the 6S. There is no hole to bleed out the air on the cap and tighten it. So, I will assume it is right :LOL:
Are you talking about the rubber stopper on the outer shock shaft?

Mine were weird. I think there were three long and one short?? I also couldn’t find anything in the manual about it.

Are you talking about the rubber stopper on the outer shock shaft?

Mine were weird. I think there were three long and one short?? I also couldn’t find anything in the manual about it.
Wish I took a picture...

It looks like a piece of fuel tubing on all four shock pistons. Yes, I think that is the same as you mentioned. Well, it confirms that it's there via stock.

BTW - I do not have the foam blocks that go in the tray for my 4S batteries. I cannot find replacements have any idea where to find them? Sure I can make them but if I can order them I would do that.

I'm pretty happy with all my fid stuff including the bulkheads. 😎 👍🏾
FID is top notch shït. I got rid of my DBXLE 2.0 because I just didn’t like the fact that it just seemed to fall short of the 5T in almost every way, and for me to get it where I wanted would’ve cost thousands of dollars in a Vitavon parts. I suppose if I had money to burn I would get another one because they look super cool imo. I had to choose to dump some serious money between the 5T 2.0 and the DBXLE 2.0 and I’ve decided the 5T. I haven’t even started the project yet. I haven’t even bought the 5T lol. I literally just finished my Mojave to XL Kraton project. Then I have 3 Revos (and I’ve never even tried a nitro car before much less built one) and 3 Mini 8ights to fully rebuild. I’m thinking winter 2024 for the 5T project.
I’ll be posting some pics of the KXL project very soon!

I hate building bladder type shocks when the cap isn't vented.
Same on my Tenacity DB Pro where I had to change to the overpriced TLR emulsion style caps...
Seriously though why the he🏒🏒 are emulsion caps so pricey?? I feel like I could make an emotion cap with a drill press and a thread tap. One of the worst gouges in RC imo, every manufacturer bends you over for emulsion caps, and not once have I received a well deserved reach-around.

No, definitely not. Like maybe on 12S where are you may use lower amp as a result of the higher voltage but you’re still taxing it. It’ll work, but it’ll be running constantly at its absolute threshold… no bueno. I always found it hilarious that Losey puts the 160 amp ESC in the DBXLE. Like what in the actual fark...!?… that thing has a hard time with a Kraton ffs

Last edited:
Back