Any DBXLE experts here??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I am years late on these DBXL-E questions...

Does anyone ever notice how much movement is in the plastic servo mount? It has a bit of give and flex when you move the wheels...way more than needed. I replace them with aluminum on the 6S rigs, which I think many do also.

I found one for the Losi, but it was a hard find...

Need a better Ackerman

Just looking for the Acherman bar only. Where the two rivots I will call them go into the Ackerman bar it has wiggle and slip all in it. So it pivots in the hole no matter how tight.

Is there a better Ackerman bar you recommend over the stock, please?

IKR, I looked up the V1 last night and was blown away. The part numbers are exactly the same. I have a stock center diff; it will not pass through on the LHS one I got. I am sure Jenny's will be right since it is V2. I believe it is the same as you.
Did you figure out the motor mount issue?

Did you figure out the motor mount issue?
Thank you for calling this out! I hate when I read a post and the solution is never re-posted. Yes! JRC saved me. The part number is the same for the 1.0/2.0, but since he part breaks the 2.0, the stock mount was correct. My LHS, I will let them know they need to look into the inventory.

I got the center diff mounted with the V2 motor mount.

Thank you for calling this out! I hate when I read a post and the solution is never re-posted. Yes! JRC saved me. The part number is the same for the 1.0/2.0, but since he part breaks the 2.0, the stock mount was correct. My LHS, I will let them know they need to look into the inventory.

I got the center diff mounted with the V2 motor mount.
Glad to hear! You’ll love that car once it’s all back together. It’s one of my favorites.

I have some tires for the Losi DBXL-E, but one set is going to my best Buddy for his Losi 2.0. I need to pick which tire I keep.

I have seen more YT videos on the Masher X HP (or this style), and they look good on the Losi. The 8S Dboots look good, also nice and beefy. The YT guy that had those one was jumping it, although not what I will do unless I am flying off a golf course mound or small hill. YT'er Excaged RC has the Mashes, and he does jump it on his course, but nothing crazy with those tires.

Masher are BELTED light to my surprise. 23.02oz
DBoots 24.39oz
Stock 24.06oz

Which would you keep

1710621205959.png

1710621223631.png

Last edited:
I think the mashers look amazing I love the tread but I have never had them so I don't know how they run. I bet they are nice though. Idk if I have ever seen a DBXLE with the backflips on it, that could be great. I run the mx43 on mine and those are wicked I love them

I think the mashers look amazing I love the tread but I have never had them so I don't know how they run. I bet they are nice though. Idk if I have ever seen a DBXLE with the backflips on it, that could be great. I run the mx43 on mine and those are wicked I love them
Backflips look damn good also ...here

Stock tires are garbage and you definitely shouldn't keep those if you have to choose. Mashers are nice but suck in wet grass unless you enjoy drifting around in the grass without any grip, which is also kinda fun. 🤣

Stock tires are garbage and you definitely shouldn't keep those if you have to choose. Mashers are nice but suck in wet grass unless you enjoy drifting around in the grass without any grip, which is also kinda fun. 🤣

Totally agree....I'll sell them to you if you want them, haha :LOL:

I hate bashing in grass unless it's dead where you have dirt in it...like the dust and sliding action. No to wet grass as well but at least I know (y)

Mashers. They do not come with the metal insert like the 8S DBoots. They have the 24mm raid system but I have yet to find anyone say they have stripped it out. Mashers 24mm hex is just plastic. I find it odd Proline off 17mm raids in aluminium but not the 24mm although I would not want to pay that cost anyway.

Is the Masher 24mm plastic hex just that strong???

+1. Check out the Mad Max Giant Grip if you’re looking for a good buggy size tire.

https://www.ddmracing.com/MadMax-Co...a-Losi-5ive-DBXL-Kraken-Vekta-Black-Beadlocks

I looked at this one and added it to my tire list. It might be my backup option

---
More parts came in...

FID supports for the rear, but I have not gotten the fronts yet. Coming along, everything has been serviced. I just need a center diff aluminum cover to deliver so I can close it all up.

1710635938825.png
1710635992311.png
1710636013898.png

Last edited:
Totally agree....I'll sell them to you if you want them, haha :LOL:

I hate bashing in grass unless it's dead where you have dirt in it...like the dust and sliding action. No to wet grass as well but at least I know (y)

Mashers. They do not come with the metal insert like the 8S DBoots. They have the 24mm raid system but I have yet to find anyone say they have stripped it out. Mashers 24mm hex is just plastic. I find it odd Proline off 17mm raids in aluminium but not the 24mm although I would not want to pay that cost anyway.

Is the Masher 24mm plastic hex just that strong???

I looked at this one and added it to my tire list. It might be my backup option

---
More parts came in...

FID supports for the rear, but I have not gotten the fronts yet. Coming along, everything has been serviced. I just need a center diff aluminum cover to deliver so I can close it all up.

View attachment 355083View attachment 355084View attachment 355085
The proline hexes are pretty strong. Especially since you won't be sending it. I've cracked the rims before from some of my jumps but I just toss on a lil ic 2000 on the cracks and keep on bashing. With your use case I can't see you ever having a problem.

I can barely get these off sometimes but I love them on mine! Duratrax Hatchets. I drilled them out to fit.

IMG_1200.jpeg

The proline hexes are pretty strong. Especially since you won't be sending it. I've cracked the rims before from some of my jumps but I just toss on a lil ic 2000 on the cracks and keep on bashing. With your use case I can't see you ever having a problem.

Thank you, Brother...you are a well of info with your experiences (y)

IC2000 is the BOMB. I learned about it about a year ago It's a must-have in the RC kit.

I can barely get these off sometimes but I love them on mine! Duratrax Hatchets. I drilled them out to fit.

View attachment 355088

Sir! Those look good! (y)

How do you like that V-Chevron pattern bashing?

The previous owner, although bashed a few times, has some minor body damage on the hood nose. I took the same steps with the Losi DB Pro. The panels on it needed drywall tape & E6000, but it required washers behind the panel screws they pulled through when bashing. I am not sure if the Losi DBXL-E needs washers behind the outside panel screws to keep it from pulling through...owners let me know if it would help. I finished all the panels today. Let them dry for now.

I also watched a few say on the DGI extenders pin grub screw can back out. Those few cut a notch in the hex pin. I did the same and added loctite with it. Has anyone here seen a need for this hex pin tweak?

1710721737438.png
1710721773261.png

1710721791946.png
1710721803036.png

Using the stock ESC Firma 160A it has C-B-A color coded for the 780kv motor wires. Max5 is A on the right or left in the picture? Does it matter I can switch the rotation in the HW ESC?

1710916874635.png

Using the stock ESC Firma 160A it has C-B-A color coded for the 780kv motor wires. Max5 is A on the right or left in the picture? Does it matter I can switch the rotation in the HW ESC?

View attachment 355724
doesn't matter! only time motor wires matter is with sensored setups.

Back