Any FMS K5 Blazer Owners Here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Mojave
  7. Senton 3s
  8. Typhon 3s
Hey guys, just wondering if any has tried out the FMS K5. I'm looking for a second crawler, and I think I've narrowed down to another TRX-4M or the K5. I already own the TRX4M Defender and I really like the huge aftermarket support & availability of parts. The K5 has some nifty features like the 2 speed transmission & portal axles. But my biggest issue with it is how loose and floppy the body looks in all the reviews I've seen. The TRX body is much more sturdy and realistic looking, it doesn't flop around and it doesn't look as flimsy as the K5. Are all FMS bodies that loose and floppy looking? Thing just bounces around like it's on springs. I know the shocks aren't filled with oil from the factory, but that shouldn't make the body bounce around so much. Any thoughts or opinions on the two K5 are welcomed.

The FMS trucks based on the powerwagon chassis are really pretty good, I actually like my Powerwagon's more than my TRX4m's. Once you address the shocks the body calms down. The detail on their bodies is better than the Traxxas also. I don't currently own the K5 but it runs the same chassis as the Powerwagon.
Hey guys, just wondering if any has tried out the FMS K5. I'm looking for a second crawler, and I think I've narrowed down to another TRX-4M or the K5. I already own the TRX4M Defender and I really like the huge aftermarket support & availability of parts. The K5 has some nifty features like the 2 speed transmission & portal axles. But my biggest issue with it is how loose and floppy the body looks in all the reviews I've seen. The TRX body is much more sturdy and realistic looking, it doesn't flop around and it doesn't look as flimsy as the K5. Are all FMS bodies that loose and floppy looking? Thing just bounces around like it's on springs. I know the shocks aren't filled with oil from the factory, but that shouldn't make the body bounce around so much. Any thoughts or opinions on the two K5 are welcomed.

It's the shocks, the body is pretty sturdy. Real looker and crawls nice and smooth.

The FMS trucks based on the powerwagon chassis are really pretty good, I actually like my Powerwagon's more than my TRX4m's. Once you address the shocks the body calms down. The detail on their bodies is better than the Traxxas also. I don't currently own the K5 but it runs the same chassis as the Powerwagon.
It's the shocks, the body is pretty sturdy. Real looker and crawls nice and smooth.
Thanks for the input gentleman. The modulation on that thing is crazy, it definitely looks to crawl smoother than the TRX4m. Is the Amazon accessory & aftermarket support as immense as the Trx? My nearest hobby shop is about 45 mins, so I get a lot of my RC parts from Amazon.

Thanks for the input gentleman. The modulation on that thing is crazy, it definitely looks to crawl smoother than the TRX4m. Is the Amazon accessory & aftermarket support as immense as the Trx? My nearest hobby shop is about 45 mins, so I get a lot of my RC parts from Amazon.

There's quite a bit of stuff available, everything you'd want.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back