Any HOTA D6+ charger owners with old firmware?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GatorBait

Reaction score
Hey folks,
Looking for some charger help. Just got the Hota D6+. It is running on SW version 1.0.15.
Charger works fine except it does the super annoying fan cycling on and off even when it isn't doing any charging functions. Does anyone have the older firmware files that they could send me? The Hota website only provides the latest.
Thanks!

I have an older HOTA charger but I don't know how to get the firmware files out of it. But, it does not have the problem you described.

Thanks. It would have to be someone with the d6+ who bought theirs prior to the current version and possibly updated and then updated back so they have the file. I'm trying to get it from Hota as well.

Found a post on a forum in a language I don't understand... the guy posted a drop box link to what appears to be older firmware:
https://www.rc-modellbau-portal.de/...e-update-für-hota-ladegeräte.8276/post-209397

I clicked on the D6 plus one, D6+ V1.0.11 and it downloaded "D6+ V1.0.11.rar" which is older than what is available on the hota support page (v1.0.15.rar).
Sweet! I was able to download that. Fingers crossed it doesn't brick my charger! Much appreciated!

Let me know if it doesn't work. I have the .11 available as well.
Thanks man. Ive got the file unzipped from that German site just trying to convince myself the fan is too annoying to go ahead and attempt the backdate....

I'd do it in a heartbeat. Annoyingly the fans kick in around storage level and drives me nuts. Otherwise it's ok for full charging.
I still have the original 1.09 as well.

On v.15 when on standby the small fan will ramp up then cut off then repeat so you get that constant noise cycle of on off on off. It only happens on AC and only after sitting on for a few minutes.

To me it happens when it is charging and when it is on standby. The small fan constantly goes on off on off on off on off on off on off on off, makes me want to smash the whole thing with a hammer. The big fan never turns on. Before I updated to 1.0.15 it used to work just fine and the big fan would run nice and quiet when charging and keep the whole thing cool. Now it heats up and the small fan is constantly power cycling. THANK YOU for posting that 1.0.11 link, I ran the downgrade and it worked just fine, and the charger fans are back to normal. I am NEVER upgrading again. EVER.

Welco0me to the dark side. You finally realized that upgrading is not always better and usually breaks more crap. Love that charger but those fan controls have been screwed up with those updates.

Can't imagine they made the newer software have a daffy fan config. What are you potentially losing with the downgrade? Even if they listed the changes, they're not going to likely admit a safety feature update.

Anybody downgrade and still have Bluetooth? Wouldn't want to lose the all your base are belong to us style English translations like this:

LQJCjsP.jpg

Bluetooth etc works fine even with the oldest firmware I have (1.09). The App is doing all that and that one is slowly getting better.
I tried it but even with full functionality it's not something I would use. the Iphone version is slightly better (or was when I tried).
The initial version came in full Chinese :ROFLMAO:

What’s the point of QR code’s? Or how does that screen work? I can save battery profiles?
Don't know, kind of like the bogus serial numbers it's not like these are smart batteries. Probably just the programmer justifying all the hours he's billing by adding unneeded bloat. All that was done is click that "add task" button, you choose voltage, type of battery and amps, then it leaves these buttons that you can click on when you want to charge that volt & mah battery. Now I'm curious how many I can have set in there.

Believe the app had a QR reader but none of my batteries had one on there to read.

You can print them out and glue them to your Lipo, should be able to scan and charge automatically.
Never tried it as this function was unreliable. I don't like overly complicated things either. If I have to fiddle with phone, charger etc it's overkill imho.

The setup takes a little to get used to with this automation. Great idea just an odd logic.

You can print them out and glue them to your Lipo, should be able to scan and charge automatically.
Never tried it as this function was unreliable. I don't like overly complicated things either. If I have to fiddle with phone, charger etc it's overkill imho.

The setup takes a little to get used to with this automation. Great idea just an odd logic.
Would be different if the charger had a barcode scanner/camera on it directly, then you would only need the phone to email/print it to then stick it to the pack.

Back