Flysky Noble NB4 Owners... 2.0.101 Firmware Update!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cruise control? When would I use that? Speed running?
I'll totally use cruise control! I often take my Typhon on walks to the library with the kids, walking the dog around the campground, etc. Now I gotta figure out how to set this up!

Anyone else having trouble with the Flysky Assistant? Got it to work on the first TX but now I can’t get past the “connecting to the server…” screen. It just keeps scrolling the wheel. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, even tried installing it on my Mac with the same result. Starting to get frustrated! 🤬

1F3172EA-6E86-4688-9C52-D041A94EE5BD.jpeg

Edit:
Never mind, I got it to work on the pc somehow after letting it sit for 10min and do its thing. 🤷‍♂️
All is well now, both Tx updated to the latest versions. 😊

Last edited:
Interesting about the Hobbywing ESC support - but is that just for that particular ESC? I’ve got several HW ESCs and it’d be great to change settings from my remote.

Anyone else having trouble with the Flysky Assistant? Got it to work on the first TX but now I can’t get past the “connecting to the server…” screen. It just keeps scrolling the wheel. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, even tried installing it on my Mac with the same result. Starting to get frustrated! 🤬

View attachment 300402

Edit:
Never mind, I got it to work on the pc somehow after letting it sit for 10min and do its thing. 🤷‍♂️
All is well now, both Tx updated to the latest versions. 😊
Did you have to rebind all of your receivers after updating?

Interesting about the Hobbywing ESC support - but is that just for that particular ESC? I’ve got several HW ESCs and it’d be great to change settings from my remote.
I ask this question to WTF RC Cars hopefully he gets back to me soon. As far as I know they need ibus2 port. I’ll report back if I find out.

Edit: He responded and said “only the AXE R2 as of yet..”

Did you have to rebind all of your receivers after updating?
I’m not sure.. I’ll go check, I didn’t do anything other than update the TX’s. 😂
BRB

Ok I’m back, yes, the RX’s need to be rebound unfortunately. Not that big of a deal tho. Just pop the rx cover, put bind plug in, go to model set on your tx, select bind, and power up the rx. BOOM Rebound! 😎🤙
Just make sure to use the Flysky assistant to keep and reinstall all your models and settings before updating the TX.

Last edited:
Alright not gonna lie.. some of the rx were a real pain in the A$$ to get at but I just finished rebinding 90% of my fleet. The hardest ones to get at were the 8s trucks. Some of my smaller trucks (mini-t/b) only took 2 seconds tho. So it all depends on how hard your rx is to access.

I wonder what's changed?

I don't want to have to rebind each receiver after the update!
Make a backup of your cars and then upload them again to the NB4. Maybe you don't need to rebind them. If there is new receiver firmware then its clear you have to rebind them again. But you can also just leave it as it is.
For those of us who own a NB4, Flysky just released a new firmware update. I only found out because this video came across my YouTube feed.

Here's a link to the firmware update page to download the firmware that suits your location/need. At the moment it appears their links to download the actual update files and changelog don't exist however. Hopefully they get the website fixed soon!
I visit Flysky website every few month to check if there is something new. And yes sometimes the files are not downloadable and the side is wired but they made progress. 2 years back it was not usable as it was slow as hell and menus you had to search for ages.

That is the one feature that would make me want to buy a NB4.
The ability to backup and restore my receivers in the transmitter.
Good info. thanks.

Ok I’m back, yes, the RX’s need to be rebound unfortunately. Not that big of a deal tho. Just pop the rx cover, put bind plug in, go to model set on your tx, select bind, and power up the rx. BOOM Rebound! 😎🤙
Just make sure to use the Flysky assistant to keep and reinstall all your models and settings before updating the TX.
I haven't made it to rebinding all my vehicles, but I found I needed to rebind twice. The first time to actually bind after the firmware update, then I update the RX (through the NB4... RX SET menu ---> Scroll down to "Update Receiver"), then I have to rebind again.

I also had an odd issue with my 6s Infraction after this, I had to recalibrate the throttle/brake on the ESC as the car would move at maybe 25% throttle (when actually at 100%) and apply minimum braking effort to stop. My Infraction is running stock Spektrum electronics.

I don't own a computer & am terribly deficient with tech, is this something I can do on my phone or do I need to find someone to help me w/ a computer?
It requires a pc. I’m no guru and I figured it out. Just remember, if you get stuck, the Arrma Fourm help line is always open. 😉
I haven't made it to rebinding all my vehicles, but I found I needed to rebind twice. The first time to actually bind after the firmware update, then I update the RX (through the NB4... RX SET menu ---> Scroll down to "Update Receiver"), then I have to rebind again.

I also had an odd issue with my 6s Infraction after this, I had to recalibrate the throttle/brake on the ESC as the car would move at maybe 25% throttle (when actually at 100%) and apply minimum braking effort to stop. My Infraction is running stock Spektrum electronics.
Almost all my rx’s are the fgr4s and all I had to do was what I mentioned above. I’m not sure if the newer rx’s require anything more.. 🤷‍♂️

It requires a pc. I’m no guru and I figured it out. Just remember, if you get stuck, the Arrma Fourm help line is always open. 😉
Thanks, good to hear. I'm not in a terrible rush to get this done, so I'll probably use Jay's computer & have him help me along

Thanks, good to hear. I'm not in a terrible rush to get this done, so I'll probably use Jay's computer & have him help me along
Watch some WTF RC CARS videos first. That guy is an encyclopedia of knowledge with all things FLYSKY. 🤙

Watch some WTF RC CARS videos first. That guy is an encyclopedia of knowledge with all things FLYSKY. 🤙
I would really like to have a backup of all my cars' settings honestly. That's the thing I fear the most is having to rekafooble all the settings for 6 different models if something were to happen

I would really like to have a backup of all my cars' settings honestly. That's the thing I fear the most is having to rekafooble all the settings for 6 different models if something were to happen
Definitely doable with the Flysky assistant, you save them as a file on the computer. You could even store them on a flash drive.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back