Kraton Any suggestions for upgrades/accessories for the Kraton 4S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have a 4s Kraton but I do run a granite on 4s battery/4s outcast 2400kv motor and 15T. I can pull double backflips off my 2ft tall/4 foot long/45 degree angle ramp with slow speed approach and full throttle punch right when I hit the ramp and in air for backflips. I get like 10 feet of air, maybe 1.5-2 seconds air time, completing 2 full rotations maybe 3-4 feet off the ground before landing with a tiny bit of brake at the end to not over rotate. I assume 18T would have similar performance with the Kraton 4s due to its longer wheel base making its rotation circumference longer. The extra 3 teeth help speed up that rotation and has more zip off the ramp.

But like I said I don't have a Kraton but JD is usually to be spot on when it comes his recommendations ?

I’m piggy-backing off this thread since I have a Kraton 4s as well.

If the stock servo is upgraded to a 25kg Amazon servo, do you suggest to upgrade the servo mount? If so, what servo mount is recommended?

If the stock servo is upgraded to a 25kg Amazon servo, do you suggest to upgrade the servo mount? If so, what servo mount is recommended?
There is no need for upgrading the servo mount and i don't think anybody is making an alluminum radiobox/servo mount for the the 4s line.

Same just broke 2 arms by kissing a metal post twice the rear arm was still holding with one support and i just kept bashing?

How many backflips you get with 18t? I was able to do one backflip in 1.5 secs and land with a lot of time to spare im up to 15t
I've landed a triple once, but I don't really try that many very often. The one time I did it was showing off and I believe I ended up breaking a chassis that day shortly after the triple. Doubles are pretty easy and plenty enough for me. I'm not Eric or Rich. Never will be that great.

I am unaware of any upgraded servo mount, but you could surely adapt one if needed. You will have to sacrifice the radio box to do so. New chassis holes would probably be needed too.

Radio for sure, then bearings. After that I'd go with the hot racing rear diff yoke. I've had great luck with the A-arms. I think I broke one but it was totally my fault. You will get different opinions on the arms based on driver skill.
Is there a replacement metal diff upgrade for the k4s?

Is there a replacement metal diff upgrade for the k4s?
Yes sir

1861A74E-6AEA-4EAB-8551-1BA68ABFA194.png

No one has mentioned the front bumper....why? A couple of bad landings on the nose will destroy the body. T bone racing front bumper for this truck is a must! $26.99 is well worth it. Also have it on OC4s, and has really made it tough. Also, with all do respect, this a KID that started these questions, so help him, not try to put his parents in the poor house?. If he put all those upgrades into that truck, he could have bought the 6s, with batteries and a charger. Radio is important, and with the right radio, the stock servo is much better. And 15T pinion is plenty to do aerial stunts, then you don't have to change your motor mount.

No one has mentioned the front bumper....why? A couple of bad landings on the nose will destroy the body. T bone racing front bumper for this truck is a must! $26.99 is well worth it. Also have it on OC4s, and has really made it tough. Also, with all do respect, this a KID that started these questions, so help him, not try to put his parents in the poor house?. If he put all those upgrades into that truck, he could have bought the 6s, with batteries and a charger. Radio is important, and with the right radio, the stock servo is much better. And 15T pinion is plenty to do aerial stunts, then you don't have to change your motor mount.
Tbone racing front bumper for the typhon 3s bolted over the orginal bumber their pin holder is a joke
Add washers to the front screw

don't know anything about the 3s stuff, I know all original parts for the bumper on the 4s gets removed, and new equipment, even screws replace them.

Oops! Deleted post... Looks like what I was going to say has already been discussed.

This thread is very helpful! 3rd run completed on my Kraton 4s today. It was raining all day but that didn't stop me. Managed to wack the Kraton at full speed, sideways, against a curb after losing traction on wet pavement. Crazy how durable this thing is. Like it never happened. Stock EVERYTHING.

First thing I noticed was the STX2 lag. I was ready to order the 3PV, then 3PRKA, and just settled for DumboRC (dumbo name will covered with Arrma stickers). I don't mind spending the $$ on the Futaba, and buying a surface radio is cheap compared to the radios I used to buy for my planes, but I like rooting for the underdog. Let's see what the DumboRC can do. 3ms lag time?

The Hitec D956WP servo in my crawler has 400oz+ torque and good speed at 7v+, and thought about ordering another for the Kraton. But in actual driving, the slow stock servo speed is not that noticeable.

The steering has slop in it, apparently this is normal in bashers? I'll make sure all screws are tight.

TLDR: I agree 100%, the first thing to do is upgrade the radio.

This thread is very helpful! 3rd run completed on my Kraton 4s today. It was raining all day but that didn't stop me. Managed to wack the Kraton at full speed, sideways, against a curb after losing traction on wet pavement. Crazy how durable this thing is. Like it never happened. Stock EVERYTHING.

First thing I noticed was the STX2 lag. I was ready to order the 3PV, then 3PRKA, and just settled for DumboRC (dumbo name will covered with Arrma stickers). I don't mind spending the $$ on the Futaba, and buying a surface radio is cheap compared to the radios I used to buy for my planes, but I like rooting for the underdog. Let's see what the DumboRC can do. 3ms lag time?

The Hitec D956WP servo in my crawler has 400oz+ torque and good speed at 7v+, and thought about ordering another for the Kraton. But in actual driving, the slow stock servo speed is not that noticeable.

The steering has slop in it, apparently this is normal in bashers? I'll make sure all screws are tight.

TLDR: I agree 100%, the first thing to do is upgrade the radio.
Yeah the stock servo and saver are both slow and sloppy. The radio is really the worst thing tho. Get that straight first and then tackle the steering.

Did you notice it diffing out at all? I’ve never ran the stock 5K (6K?) diff fluid and can imagine it might.

The car is tuff broke one chassi and 2 arms because full speed crashes ina year. But i had poop luck with my diffs? Problem is fixed now and same for my motor mounts i landed on concrete nose first and it did not bent!!!
Might go to the park if im alone and isolated from others i had 3 4s lipos now i have 1 4s and 2 3s's because one of my lipo cells was defective physicly and died and one for safety because i overheated the lipo soldering taps way too much because of my crap soldering iron and i burned the athdesive of the lipo cell?? i don't want to run with a ticking bomb

Yeah the stock servo and saver are both slow and sloppy. The radio is really the worst thing tho. Get that straight first and then tackle the steering.

Did you notice it diffing out at all? I’ve never ran the stock 5K (6K?) diff fluid and can imagine it might.

Agree!

What does diffing out mean? Sorry new to this...
I did notice the rear wheels would always have power from shafts, while sometimes the front wheels would lose power at the shafts at same time(?). Especially on hard acceleration or hard turns.

Agree!

I did notice the rear wheels would always have power, while sometimes the front wheels would lose power at the same time. (?)
It means one or more wheels are spinning freely instead of all wheels getting equal power.

Agree!

I did notice the rear wheels would always have power, while sometimes the front wheels would lose power at the same time. (?)
Diffing out means a lot of differential action thats what oil weights tries to tune

New Radio
Stronger Servo
Better ESC
Can’t speak for the durability of the Rest I’m on the 6s Rig I don’t like doing ridiculous jumps I’m not Kevin deep pockets Talbot I don’t make money for Smashing them up.
I like to bring them home in one piece .
Boring aren’t I . ?

New Radio
Stronger Servo
Better ESC
Can’t speak for the durability of the Rest I’m on the 6s Rig I don’t like doing ridiculous jumps I’m not Kevin deep pockets Talbot I don’t make money for Smashing them up.
I like to bring them home in one piece .
Boring aren’t I . ?
You have great self control. I plan to keep my trucks in one piece but I just can't resist trying a bigger jump or another backflip when I see the chance

You have great self control. I plan to keep my trucks in one piece but I just can't resist trying a bigger jump or another backflip when I see the chance

adrenaline Junkie huh? Your the Guy Modelshops love.
I used to be a bit like that many years ago with my Nitro Buggys, their eyes used to light up when I walked in with my List of part no.s
Luckily some parts were Aluminum on my Nitro buggys were I could I used to get a block of wood and hammer them flat. But the Hotbodies Lightning pro and My Savage 25 were all blinged up with the Purple anodized parts, they were eye watering expensive, like £35 for a Pair of Steering hubs for eg.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back