Anyone interested in the new Redcat KAIJU MT 1/8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems that Redcat designed the Kaiju around the SC10 chassis but modified it as well. 95% of the parts on this thing are unique to the Kaiju, that's why we can't find it anywhere. But the same factory that made the Helion & Rival is producing the Kaiju & they're not done by far. It was being kept under wraps for quite some time which is pretty easy when it's coming from a single source. The Gen8 was a huge step for Redcat since it was completely designed in house (although they used tons of references from existing cars). If they can pump out something like this by hitting the magnify button on an existing model, have all the new parts made & assembled in the same place, while keeping it very affordable, then I'm game for their future. I was burned by their HSP garbage as well but that won't stop me from buying them, especially since they have never went dark even when they were hitting copy/paste for so many years. But having their own cars means they have to step up their CS which they have been doing lately. Whether they can keep it up is up in the air.

Truck looks like a winner. I'm definitely getting one.
Awesome. I'm glad you are convinced. Hehehe. I'll be waiting to see what you think of it once you put it through the ringer.

Here's a video going over that:
This guy responded to a comment made on his channel. Said he sells the Kaiju, so went to his where to buy link. He's a Redcat Authorized Dealer and has a 20 buck discount on this truck. Put it in cart and enter code FACEBOOK20, I believe. I tried it and price was 379.99 shipped no tax.

I'm really liking the looks and reviews of the kaigu

Fact is if they would have been instock/released when I ordered my granite 3s the kaigu would have won.

But I'm in no way regretting the granite.

Now a kaigu then later a notorious!! Lol

I'm really liking the looks and reviews of the kaigu

Fact is if they would have been instock/released when I ordered my granite 3s the kaigu would have won.

But I'm in no way regretting the granite.

Now a kaigu then later a notorious!! Lol
For me it would be a no brainer to got Kaiju over a Granite for $100 difference. You get 6S and center diff. It’s only slightly larger too. Looks pretty beefy.

Now comparing the Kaiju to a Noto isn’t as fair to the RedCat. The Noto is another level. I would surely take the Noto.

Yeah a few days after I ordered the Granite they released the Kaigu.

The Kaigu looks to be about the same size as a Earthquake 3.5 and my old Emaxx 3906

Definitely the next truck on my list think a motor heatsink or arrma 6s motor will be my first upgrade

Then onto a Notorious!

I'm trying to sift though the hype to make sure this is a real truck, worth the money.

Megasty was nice enough to post a tear down video here:

After that, I'm pretty much sold, so I'll get one.

This looks like an upsized, updated version of the old platform and the platform looks solid. Maybe Redcat is really making big changes.

I'm trying to sift though the hype to make sure this is a real truck, worth the money.

Megasty was nice enough to post a tear down video here:

After that, I'm pretty much sold, so I'll get one.

This looks like an upsized, updated version of the old platform and the platform looks solid. Maybe Redcat is really making big changes.
Yup look at the Team Redcat line and the Gen8 crawlers. Leaps and bounds much better quality vehicles than their old HSP and BSD Racing rebrands.

Yup look at the Team Redcat line and the Gen8 crawlers. Leaps and bounds much better quality vehicles than their old HSP and BSD Racing rebrands.

I see that. It's going to take me awhile to shake off my friend's past experiences with Redcat (especially that R5 disaster), but It's nice to see them making the needed changes.

I ask a while back with no answer. Maybe with more of you owning it could you give a weight without batteries? I can’t find it in the manual or their website. I would like to compare it with a project I’m thinking about.

Every basher needs to come with a side of muck :LOL:

View attachment 67734

There are mods under there somewhere. . .
Now that’s what I’m talking about haha. Was thinking to pick this truck up for a spring time runner. I hate getting some of my trucks dirty but this one looks like it loves it.
Pictures comparison between my V2 Outcast 6s and Kaiju. And a small video comparison :
View attachment 67731View attachment 67732View attachment 67733

Video :
Very nice pretty well the same size as I thought. And it’s a bit cheaper. So for me it looks like this will be my stunt truck of choice this year! Looks good

I ask a while back with no answer. Maybe with more of you owning it could you give a weight without batteries? I can’t find it in the manual or their website. I would like to compare it with a project I’m thinking about.
Damn. My wife doesn't know that I have two
I have a scale, but would have to sneak it into the house. Man I'm bad! The scale might not pick it up by itself though ?. It's pretty heavy that's for sure.

Well today we took my second Kaiju out. My son drove it first and after like 15 minutes on 4s, it stopped turning. It seems like the servo got stripped. I wouldn't recommend giving your Kaiju to anyone that is not a good driver ?. I didn't even get to drive it. I don't think that I'm going to let him drive either Kaiju anymore until he gets more experience. The funny thing is that my Arrma and Traxxas rigs don't care. Bad luck? IDK. I'll let redcat know. Bummer. I'll probably put a servo that I have here laying around that is meant for my Arrma rigs. I didn't check the dual rate, but I never heard the servo under strain before he ran it. Shucks. Edit: plastic servo horn stripped. No biggie. I have a metal one laying around.

Last edited:
Well today we took my second Kaiju out. My son drove it first and after like 15 minutes on 4s, it stopped turning. It seems like the servo got stripped. I wouldn't recommend giving your Kaiju to anyone that is not a good driver ?. I didn't even get to drive it. I don't think that I'm going to let him drive either Kaiju anymore until he gets more experience. The funny thing is that my Arrma and Traxxas rigs don't care. Bad luck? IDK. I'll let redcat know. Bummer. I'll probably put a servo that I have here laying around that is meant for my Arrma rigs. I didn't check the dual rate, but I never heard the servo under strain before he ran it. Shucks.
That's a bummer man, definitely a fluke, out of all the vids on this truck no one has had any issues with servo so far, it's plenty enough to turn the wheels.

Well today we took my second Kaiju out. My son drove it first and after like 15 minutes on 4s, it stopped turning. It seems like the servo got stripped. I wouldn't recommend giving your Kaiju to anyone that is not a good driver ?. I didn't even get to drive it. I don't think that I'm going to let him drive either Kaiju anymore until he gets more experience. The funny thing is that my Arrma and Traxxas rigs don't care. Bad luck? IDK. I'll let redcat know. Bummer. I'll probably put a servo that I have here laying around that is meant for my Arrma rigs. I didn't check the dual rate, but I never heard the servo under strain before he ran it. Shucks.
The stock servo in the Kaiju is the same DS3225 servo that everyone and their mom on here runs. I have 4 of them and no problems yet.

That's a bummer man, definitely a fluke, out of all the vids on this truck no one has had any issues with servo so far, it's plenty enough to turn the wheels.
Plastic servo horn splines are gone. No biggie. Thanks.
The stock servo in the Kaiju is the same DS3225 servo that everyone and their mom on here runs. I have 4 of them and no problems yet.
Yeah after further investigation it's the crappy plastic servo horn. I'm not mad. Hehe. I have a metal one here. ?

Plastic servo horn splines are gone. No biggie. Thanks.

Yeah after further investigation it's the crappy plastic servo horn. I'm not mad. Hehe. I have a metal one here. ?
Oh well at least it's something cheap and easy.

Oh well at least it's something cheap and easy.
It seems like the splines where also damaged on the servo itself. Now that hurts. But how can plastic damage metal like that? The splines are very small though. I'll contact redcat. Edit : I took the servo out to take a second look at the splines on the servo itself, and it was just the plastic leftover splines from the horn. No biggie. I just panicked. Man this Kaiju is sooooooo easy to work on. Except for the center differential. Hehehe.
Someone used a Team Losi servo arm as a replacement
Cool. I'm going to go to the LHS tomorrow and see if I can find a metal servo horn that works there. The one I have on me doesn't fit because of the plastic chassis.

Last edited:
Ok guys, enough is enough lol, just pulled the trigger on the Godzilla. I have no LHS where I live anymore and have to buy online. I ran across a guy when I joined this forum about a year ago, bought all my Arrmas from him because he hooks me up.

Just got off the phone with him and told him about this forum. I shopped around and he gave me the best price on the Kaiju, $360. shipped no tax. Asked if he would be ok if I told friends and posted his info on this forum if he would also hook them up. Said hell yeah! He is also a Redcat Authorized Dealer so he told me.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in saving a few bucks here is him infomation. His name is Adam, he's the owner, nice guy.
RC Discount Superstore in Pennsylvania.
215 379 4700

He will be getting some more in by end of week, maby Monday. He could drop ship them faster direct from Redcat but would cost more to ship that way. I spoke to another hobby store owner today at lunch time and he told me his sales rep told him Redcat only had 20 left in stock. True or not don't know. Told me this rig sells fast and he's trying to get as many as he can because of the virus.

So if any you guys are interested, give him a call and tell him Steve from the Arrma Forum sent you.

Back