Anyone interested in the new Redcat KAIJU MT 1/8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up my redcat KAIJU today at the LHS. That guy is always quick to get the new models. A little comparison between the two KAIJU and my maxx 4s that has the wide kit installed :
I would get one if I didn’t have a modded Granite. ??

More pics :
You can never have too many. Well, maybe ?
If I had a bigger house I would have no problem owning more. I have a small loft upstairs that is my office/workout/hobby room and the closet is already busting at the seams. I really could organize better, but I have many other things in life that are more important than another 1/10 MT. My Granite is pretty fun and easy to work on. I have tons of parts for it too. But, I would consider the Redcat if I didn’t already have a G3S

If I had a bigger house I would have no problem owning more. I have a small loft upstairs that is my office/workout/hobby room and the closet is already busting at the seams. I really could organize better, but I have many other things in life that are more important than another 1/10 MT. My Granite is pretty fun and easy to work on. I have tons of parts for it too. But, I would consider the Redcat if I didn’t already have a G3S
Space and money are the 2 things keeping me from buying them all.

Space and money are the 2 things keeping me from buying them all.
$300 is really reasonable tho for a 6S rig. I haven’t seen it ran on 6S yet tho. ??‍♂️

$300 is really reasonable tho for a 6S rig. I haven’t seen it ran on 6S yet tho. ??‍♂️
Watching the video I would be content with 4s, maybe gear it up a little bit.

Was at one of my local shops today and took some pics of the Kaiju next to a Kraton 4s and a V4 Typhon. I may go back and get it...

Attachments

• 20200221_182111.jpg
    20200221_182111.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 90
  • 20200221_182017.jpg
    20200221_182017.jpg
    279.3 KB · Views: 91
  • 20200221_182122.jpg
    20200221_182122.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 90
Was at one of my local shops today and took some pics of the Kaiju next to a Kraton 4s and a V4 Typhon. I may go back and get it...
Thanks for those pics. I had taken picture comparison yesterday but I used some dumb format by mistake that is not supported by most websites.
Watching the video I would be content with 4s, maybe gear it up a little bit.
Yeah. Me too. BTW, plastic spur gear and pinion from what I have gathered. Plastic servo horn too. Besides that, I don't see anywhere else where they cut corners a bit. I'll run those things on mine until they break. I doubt that I would change the gears for more speed. I'm guessing it's going to be 45-50 mph on 6s. But I might change my mind. Maybe 40mph on 4s? I usually run my Outcast 6s on 4s and feel that it's enough speed for bashing. Same thing with my Typhon 6s with a 15t pinion and 4s. My Kraton 6s v4 is the only one that I don't like running on 4s with stock gearing. It feels and looks way too slow.

Last edited:
Thanks for those pics. I had taken picture comparison yesterday but I used some dumb format by mistake that is not supported by most websites.

Yeah. Me too. BTW, plastic spur gear and pinion from what I have gathered. Plastic servo horn too. Besides that, I don't see anywhere else where they cut corners a bit. I'll run those things on mine until they break. I doubt that I would change the gears for more speed. I'm guessing it's going to be 45-50 mph on 6s. But I might change my mind. Maybe 40mph on 4s? I usually run my Outcast 6s on 4s and feel that it's enough speed for bashing. Same thing with my Typhon 6s with a 15t pinion and 4s. My Kraton 6s v4 is the only one that I don't like running on 4s with stock gearing. It feels and looks way too slow.
It runs mid 40's on 4S. It will fly on 6S. Redcat states pinion is metal and the spur is plastic.

After looking at some videos this morning I feel if I’m going to get one I better get it soon. It is so close to the Maxx I could see a lawsuit and it being taken off the market. Check out Toms video here as he compares it to the Proline MT and Maxx.

Comparison to the Maxx 4s and Typhon 6s. So I guess it's more like a 1/9 scale? It doesn't really bother me TBH. I still haven't run it yet. At work right now ?
20200222_080228.jpg
20200222_080245.jpg
20200222_080421.jpg
20200222_080441.jpg
20200222_080339.jpg

After looking at some videos this morning I feel if I’m going to get one I better get it soon. It is so close to the Maxx I could see a lawsuit and it being taken off the market. Check out Toms video here as he compares it to the Proline MT and Maxx.
Check out the the bottom of the Maxx 4s compared to the Redcat KAIJU :
20200222_080309.jpg

I will say this Redcat is really stepping up their game, this is leaps and bounds better than a Redcat Volcano.
I still have two of those! Lol. Shelf queens!
Looks real interesting for the price. Was looking to get a Outcast, but had to wait after getting a Infraction (my wife still hasn't seen that box in the closet, lol)

As others have said waiting to see how durable it is, so far seems like you get a lot out of the box for the money. Will b watching YouTube videos and see what issues come up but so far I'm impressed
The more I see about this truck, the more I'm liking it. You do get a lot more value OTB compared to my 4s OC. May very well try one out just for the hell of it, but first waiting to see how it runs on 6s, but that wouldn't be a deal breaker. Come on Guinea Pigs, post up some vids lol!

The more I see about this truck, the more I'm liking it. You do get a lot more value OTB compared to my 4s OC. May very well try one out just for the hell of it, but first waiting to see how it runs on 6s, but that wouldn't be a deal breaker. Come on Guinea Pigs, post up some vids lol!
I just finished charging my 6s battery but I still think it's going to be too much for such a small truck. Heck, I even feel that way about my Outcast 6s. Hehe. It's designed for 6s, so I don't see why it wouldn't be able to handle it. You mean like the drive train? Handling? But yes, there's lots of value in this kit indeed and it doesn't look or feel cheap TBH. Even the body looks nice and not cheap. And yes, I have not ran it yet. It might strip the plastic spur gear on 6s in the future with all that power, but that's just pure speculation from me. I would need a camera man for the running video. I don't have a go pro. Maybe I should have bought that instead of 8 rigs ?. And yes, I did get one just for the heck of it.Tom tracks said that he would run his on 6s this weekend.

Back