Anyone interested in the new Redcat KAIJU MT 1/8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's probably from Redcat having some questionable previous models I'm assuming. They sure are on right track with the Gen 8, Kaiju and Wendigo. I only have experience with the Kaiju personally. ?. Redcat has sent me parts with very little questions when my Kaijus were new, so at least they are trying.

Wendigo is pretty trash in quality.

Every model has their issues no matter who manufacturers them, none are immune. Look at the 3 and 4s Arrmas, need radio, bearings, shocks, motor mount, slipper issues, etc.
Think the Kaiju is doing allright for a V1.

Do you have experience with a wendigo? Just curious.

Yes and No.
The Wendigo was picked up by my friend when I was getting the Kaiju.
I watched it meltdown in my friends hands after a total of three 3S packs.

The metal hex ate into the plastic hub of the RIMs making it nice and smooth, but before that the tires gave way came off the rims.
Two Axle Linkage broken.
His Kaiju also had a dying Radio whee throttle was reversed and steering also, apparently a common failure.
However our LHS has taken care of us and replaced the Radio on the Kaiju, Took pictures of the Wendigo and sent it off to his Redcat rep since especially the tire/rim thing they have never seen.

Every model has their issues no matter who manufacturers them, none are immune. Look at the 3 and 4s Arrmas, need radio, bearings, shocks, motor mount, slipper issues, etc.
Think the Kaiju is doing allright for a V1.

Oh no I get that. I started this Hobby this year and pretty accepted that their is no such thing as a bulletproof RC. However some brands are just a little bit more thought out and better engineered.

I finally just got my lost Kaiju resolved, damn FedEx. And now they're out of stock until October! Wtf! Oh well my birthday is in October. Seeing I ordered it 3 months ago and have to wait probably another 3 1/2 more, I'll let it surprise me. Maybe they will have upgrades in V2. I hope.

I finally just got my lost Kaiju resolved, damn FedEx. And now they're out of stock until October! Wtf! Oh well my birthday is in October. Seeing I ordered it 3 months ago and have to wait probably another 3 1/2 more, I'll let it surprise me. Maybe they will have upgrades in V2. I hope.
That sucks. I bought both of mine from the LHS and he still has some in stock. He actually has just about every vehicle in stock from Arrma Redcat and Traxxas that we use here. That guy is good.

Last edited:
What's the name of the Hobby Shop?

Anyone looked into using the Arrma rod ends and turnbuckles for upper arms on the Kaiju?

Im wondering how much length rod ends generally add to the length of a turnbuckle. If I know that I can figure out which turnbuckles are the best for the front and rear.

Last edited:
What's the name of the Hobby Shop?
Alamo City Hobby Shop. It's located in San Antonio Texas. George is the name of the owner. I've seen him ship stuff too to other cities. ?

I haven't even watched the video yet, but I'm about to :
I have 2 of the losi spurs sitting in a parts bin so I just changed it out. Feels damn good to have the stock gearing back. You want to use a hardened pinion like a novak since the stock one will simply get eaten by the race kit grade spur.

I have 2 of the losi spurs sitting in a parts bin so I just changed it out. Feels damn good to have the stock gearing back. You want to use a hardened pinion like a novak since the stock one will simply get eaten by the race kit grade spur.
I see that he put a regular bolt in order to adjust his mesh? Did you do that too?

Been thinking after looking at pics of the broken upper arms. What if you drill the inner arm all the way through and sink a longer turnbuckle deeper? It looks like there is a point at the round to square transition of the arm that is a focus for force to cause it to break. If the turnbuckle went all the way through it might relieve that pressure point. You'd have to use the rear turnbuckle on the front arms.

Been thinking after looking at pics of the broken upper arms. What if you drill the inner arm all the way through and sink a longer turnbuckle deeper? It looks like there is a point at the round to square transition of the arm that is a focus for force to cause it to break. If the turnbuckle went all the way through it might relieve that pressure point. You'd have to use the rear turnbuckle on the front arms.
Such a simple idea that seems good enough to work. I gave up on the turnbuckle since it was such a weird size but I still have plenty to try this on.

It's probably from Redcat having some questionable previous models I'm assuming. They sure are on right track with the Gen 8, Kaiju and Wendigo. I only have experience with the Kaiju personally. ?. Redcat has sent me parts with very little questions when my Kaijus were new, so at least they are trying.
You forgot about the Team Redcat lineup.

I don't know if I lost my mind, but I just ordered an Outcast 4s to run next to my Kaijus. It was hard to find too. It hurt to pay $399 for 4s, but I had to have it ?.

Bummer, my order got canceled by eBay for the Outcast 4s and the seller since the Outcast got sold already before I put the order in. I wasn't a fan of paying $35 for shipping plus taxes anyways.

Back