Anyone interested in the new Redcat KAIJU MT 1/8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is $329.. today. Price will update in cart after using the code.
No it’s $329.49… lol just trying to make a dumb joke.

How much better is the KAIJU then a Maxx V1 (Handling/durability wise) ?

Yeah I owned 2 RedCats.
Of all the 17 RC's I have here, my 2 Redcats were put out with the Trash within 1 year. Literally.
I have every single other rig I ever purchased going back to the '80's.
I did not have the Kaiju. I cut my losses with that brand.
Not raining on anyones parade.
Just me.
I totally get it. I too have had my share of heartburn from Redcat..I have a couple in the garage serving as mouse homes right now, LOL. I know I'll never bother with them, but won't throw em away..guess I'm a hoarder🤣🤣🍻
No it’s $329.49… lol just trying to make a dumb joke.

How much better is the KAIJU then a Maxx V1 (Handling/durability wise) ?
IMO, maxx is the winner. Much more support, better overall quality and longevity. And I don't even like TRX 🤣🤣
Also, the maxx is tough. Tougher than I would've expected.

I totally get it. I too have had my share of heartburn from Redcat..I have a couple in the garage serving as mouse homes right now, LOL. I know I'll never bother with them, but won't throw em away..guess I'm a hoarder🤣🤣🍻

IMO, maxx is the winner. Much more support, better overall quality and longevity. And I don't even like TRX 🤣🤣
Phew, okay I got a maxx, just making sure I’m not missing anything by not getting a kaijau.
I can save my money for a infraction 1/8.

My bro has a v1 maxx. I'm impressed. Is it worth the money? IDK, but if ur considering it then I guess ur willing to pay for it. What's the cost difference between v1 and 2? The v1 is a flippy, wheelie'n machine for sure. If that's ur flavor, it's great at that.
Phew, okay I got a maxx, just making sure I’m not missing anything by not getting a kaijau.
I can save my money for a infraction 1/8.
Well, in that case, you already know..disregard my last post🤣🤣

My bro has a v1 maxx. I'm impressed. Is it worth the money? IDK, but if ur considering it then I guess ur willing to pay for it. What's the cost difference between v1 and 2? The v1 is a flippy, wheelie'n machine for sure. If that's ur flavor, it's great at that.
Well I have Mojave, K8 and Talion XL for stable driving which is my preference, but it is good to have something different.

I'm not brand loyal by any means, I buy whatever floats my boat. I like having different rigs to run. Sometimes it sucks trying to keep them running tho since they all use different parts. I have my share of TRX as well. E revo is on my radar right now.. don't ask, I'm a glutton for punishment I guess🤣🤣
Well I have Mojave, K8 and Talion XL for stable driving which is my preference, but it is good to have something different.
Hell yeah! Variety..

I'm not brand loyal by any means, I buy whatever floats my boat. I like having different rigs to run. Sometimes it sucks trying to keep them running tho since they all use different parts. I have my share of TRX as well. E revo is on my radar right now.. don't ask, I'm a glutton for punishment I guess🤣🤣

Hell yeah! Variety..
Why not get some sludge?

Why not get some sludge?
Too much$$ besides, I have my brother's sitting in the garage..along with a talion exb, erevo 2.0,6s typhon..heck, most of his rc's are at my house😎🤣
I do like the sludge tho TBH. We put some TRX response pro tires on it, not to shabby. Also put a set on my kexb. Epic battles on our little track🤘

Crazy cheap price on the Kaiju direct from Redcat, today only. Trust me, it'll never be this cheap ever again. $329.49.

View attachment 226557
Did Redcat address the upper arm, diff outdrives, and spur issues with the current units for sale?

On the fence. Our Redcat Volcano's have been great fun, this looks like even more fun for $330!

The maxx might have been the winner when comparing full MSRPs, but what about when the cost of the kaiju is now $330 vs the $550 of the maxx? Does your recommendation change? Even if I spend $100 upgrading and learning about the kaiju over time, it could still be less cost, so might you consider it worth it?

EDIT: that's like saying let's compare the granite vs the maxx (cost wise). Both are good, but one is significantly cheaper. So in this case, if I'm now getting a decent 4s-6s capable truck for the cost of a granite, is it worth jumping on?

Did Redcat address the upper arm, diff outdrives, and spur issues with the current units for sale?

On the fence. Our Redcat Volcano's have been great fun, this looks like even more fun for $330!
I believe they may have changed the spur? The EXT has a different spur than the OG did, but I can't confirm if the new v1(OG) has the new (partly metal) spur. A moot point TBH since a metal gear can be bought.
As far as I know the diff cups and arms remain unchanged.
I'd put it this way, on 4s it's a blast and quite durable. While the electrics are 6s rated, I personally don't see this truck holding up to it long term. Just my opinion.
The maxx is faster on 3s than kaiju on 4s, 4s maxx vs 6s kaiju is pretty close..
$330 vs $550? I'd go kaiju, but that's me.
The maxx will be around for probably the next 20 years in some form..kaiju? Not likely. If history is any indication.
If you're not too hard on your rc's, the kaiju is good. If you want to ring it's neck(or possibly), I'd say maxx.
Yes, but I was thinking buy it for 329, wait til the sale is over and then sell it tireless for 329. Haha
$34 a pair, no tax. $3.99 shipping IIRC..
https://www.redcat.toys/searchresults.asp?Search=12485

Maxx is more durable, way better parts support (forever, as mentioned by @KnowAir).
Kaiju is faster, cheaper, better handling.

I don't know how to answer the question "is it worth it?", because it depends more on the person than the car. If you're unemployed and homeless, no car is "worth it". If you're Jeff Bezos, every car is "worth it".

Maxx is more durable, way better parts support (forever, as mentioned by @KnowAir).

I don't know how to answer the question "is it worth it?", because it depends more on the person than the car. If you're unemployed and homeless, no car is "worth it". If you're Jeff Bezos, every car is "worth it".
True.
$330 vs $550+tax..that's what I keep thinking... Thats alot of spare parts! LOL

But no one on here is Jeff Bezos, and (hopefully) no one on here is unemployed and homeless!!!
True.
$330 vs $550+tax..that's what I keep thinking... Thats alot of spare parts! LOL
This was my main train of thought. Yeah if the maxx was roughly $400 right now (if it was discounted about the same % as the kaiju currently is) i'd be jumping on the maxx, no thought. But that's not the case ;)

I'd argue the odds of the maxx going on a super sale like this are even lower than a repeat of the kaiju sale going on today!

I'd argue the odds of the maxx going on a super sale like this are even lower than a repeat of the kaiju sale going on today!

On this, you are correct!

Anyway, this is why I do my ratings the way they are.

The Maxx gives you 5⭐ durability / 2⭐ performance / 5⭐ support / 2⭐ design... is that worth $570 to you?
The Kaiju is 2⭐ durability / 5⭐ performance / 2⭐ support / 3⭐ design... is that worth $330 to you?

That's up to you, not me. 🙂

SrC won't buy Redcat because their parts Support sucks. Some people only care about Durability (check out 95% of "reviews" out there). I care about Design and Performance the most. The answer is going to be different for each of us.

Disclaimer: these ratings are off the top of my head, I don't remember exactly what I said in the videos, but it's pretty close.

Last edited:
On this, you are correct!

Anyway, this is why I do my ratings the way they are.

The Maxx gives you 5⭐ durability / 2⭐ performance / 5⭐ support / 2⭐ design... is that worth $570 to you?
The Kaiju is 2⭐ durability / 5⭐ performance / 2⭐ support / 3⭐ design... is that worth $330 to you?

That's up to you, not me. 🙂

SrC won't buy Redcat because their parts Support sucks. Some people only care about Durability (check out 95% of "reviews" out there). I care about Design and Performance the most. The answer is going to be different for each of us.

Disclaimer: these ratings are off the top of my head, I don't remember exactly what I said in the videos, but it's pretty close.
Both are fine representations of rigs from opposite ends of the hobby spectrum I suppose..
Not a car for me honestly so many things who are weak imo. The longer kaiju exposed more issues
You may be right, IDK not much buzz about the EXT out there. I feel like I know the kaiju's weaknesses, and would buy it again myself. I respect what you're saying though.

Back