Anyone know of a 12s 70mm motor cooler? Max4 combo needs more cooling.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCSteve

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Outcast 8s
  5. Outcast EXB
Anyone know of production motor coolers for the max4? Mine runs a little hot and I have to take breaks after 5-10 minutes of bashing (93lbs on 12s). Considering my run times are extremely long, this gets annoying. Is this something I am going to have to custom fabricate in cad and print, not out of the question? Anyone successful at hanging 100mm fans with zip ties (I have bars above and below) or is there a product I am missing?
I do not think there are too many PrimalRc Monster Trucks with the Johnny Crash Racing electric conversions on a max4 setup needing motor coolers to drive demand to make them unfortanetly.

Thoughts?

Picture of the setup upside down. You can see the first revision of my custom front battery tray.

IMG_5170.jpeg

Anyone know of production motor coolers for the max4? Mine runs a little hot and I have to take breaks after 5-10 minutes of bashing (93lbs on 12s). Considering my run times are extremely long, this gets annoying. Is this something I am going to have to custom fabricate in cad and print, not out of the question? Anyone successful at hanging 100mm fans with zip ties (I have bars above and below) or is there a product I am missing?
I do not think there are too many PrimalRc Monster Trucks with the Johnny Crash Racing electric conversions on a max4 setup needing motor coolers to drive demand to make them unfortanetly.

Thoughts?

Picture of the setup upside down. You can see the first revision of my custom front battery tray.

View attachment 324066

I think I may have something..

Quad Fans

1695681246989.png

It will need to be customized for your motor size of course...
Will need exact dimensions and chassis clearances..

Can do, I have a 3d Scanner (Creality lizard) that I could scan it with, it isn't the best but I can put calipers on the important parts to get exact measurements. That cooler looks awesome and could make for a nice push pull system.

Can do, I have a 3d Scanner (Creality lizard) that I could scan it with, it isn't the best but I can put calipers on the important parts to get exact measurements. That cooler looks awesome and could make for a nice push pull system.

Calipers works perfect for me.

No need to get all complicated with the scanner [Unless you just love to scan 🤪 ]

Take your time, no rush.
Just let me know the motor diameter at the fins and at the bare can.
Also approximately how far back that brace sits along the motor. I may need to adjust the design for the fan plate to clear it..

Mine runs a little hot and I have to take breaks after 5-10 minutes of bashing (93lbs on 12s).?
93lbs?!?!? Wow, I knew they were big ass rigs, but I never knew they were that heavy.
If it was mine and it broke at the other end of the soccer field I think I’d just leave it for the next kid.
They are uber cool though. Love to watch vids of those things ripping.

What else has been hidden on your pc for years.... :unsure: 😁

View attachment 324177

Nah..
It's just the version of the app that I'm using..
Not When the design file was created.

But, I do have a bunch of custom designs that I haven't shown ,yet...
Just quietly waiting for the right moment to spring it out on you guys... 🤯😁

93lbs?!?!? Wow, I knew they were big ass rigs, but I never knew they were that heavy.
If it was mine and it broke at the other end of the soccer field I think I’d just leave it for the next kid.
They are uber cool though. Love to watch vids of those things ripping.
If you are old and want to impress nieces and nephews, you come prepared to the bashing spot. The 4 6s lipos add a significant amount and the 4 wheels by themselves are around 20lbs!!!
IMG_4863.jpeg

Ever considered going for a smaller pinion?
I heard going to a smaller pinion puts too much torque through the system. Remember this thing is a chain drive. I have only gotten it up to 44mph on grass, I ran out of room but I’m pretty sure the current top speed is around the low to mid 50s. I lack the fortitude to pay for new tires to explore such top speeds.

If you are old and want to impress nieces and nephews, you come prepared to the bashing spot. The 4 6s lipos add a significant amount and the 4 wheels by themselves are around 20lbs!!!View attachment 324187

I heard going to a smaller pinion puts too much torque through the system. Remember this thing is a chain drive. I have only gotten it up to 44mph on grass, I ran out of room but I’m pretty sure the current top speed is around the low to mid 50s. I lack the fortitude to pay for new tires to explore such top speeds.

Now THAT'S Heavy Duty!
You're Not messing around when you Entertain the kiddos...

Are you providing chauffeur services -carrying them around in the trailer??

Calipers works perfect for me.

No need to get all complicated with the scanner [Unless you just love to scan 🤪 ]

Take your time, no rush.
Just let me know the motor diameter at the fins and at the bare can.
Also approximately how far back that brace sits along the motor. I may need to adjust the design for the fan plate to clear it..

OK I got the rough measurements with the calipers and a horrible 3d scan. The motor outside of the ridges is 66.5mm. From the front of the motor to the motor holder is about 77.5mm, from the other end of the motor holder to the wire is about 19mm. The height off the ribs of the motor to the ouside of motor brace is 12mm. I'm assuming the outside ribs of the motor have a diameter of 70mm. The landing area at the end of the motor by the wires and ribs is a little tight, maybe 5mm of flat area before the ridges start. The height clearance from the motor to the speed control platform is about 20mm, total height to work with is around 110mm.

Thank you so much for the help, please tell me if you need anything else.

IMG_5176.JPG

IMG_5178.JPG

IMG_5179.JPG

IMG_5180.JPG

IMG_5181.JPG

IMG_5182.JPG

IMG_5183.JPG

IMG_5184.JPG

IMG_5185.JPG

IMG_5186.JPG

IMG_5187.JPG

IMG_5188.JPG

IMG_5189.JPG

IMG_5190.JPG

IMG_5191.JPG

I tried to attach these files as attachments not in the thread and edited the thread multiple times. I guess I messed up somehow.

Attachments

• thumbnail.png
    thumbnail.png
    14.4 KB · Views: 28
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back