What is the most powerful 8s motor yall know of?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miata_meistro

I đź’–Truggies
ArrmaForum Fan
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Talion
Screenshot_20230912-081922_Facebook.jpg

I need 4 motors to put in this thing

I think you ask the wrong question as it all comes down to gearing and what you plan to do with it. Drive a kid around at 160mph?

TP5690, castle 2028, hobbywing 56113 just to name a few. But those are all way to high kv to function as a direct drive. You should be looking at hub motors used in like mountainboards, hooverboards and scooters. Something with a kv of 80-120.

<Edit> Making a truggy?

Last edited:
He's planning on Direct-Drive 4x4.
I ask because I looked into doing something like this for my kids power wheel (or whatever they're called now a days), and the spline connecting to the wheel hub is plastic. Works for a 1/8 hp brushed motor to get the truck going 2 or 3 mph, but i don't think it would handle 8s anything. And the jeep posted above looks almost identical to the one we have.

I ask because I looked into doing something like this for my kids power wheel (or whatever they're called now a days), and the spline connecting to the wheel hub is plastic. Works for a 1/8 hp brushed motor to get the truck going 2 or 3 mph, but i don't think it would handle 8s anything. And the jeep posted above looks almost identical to the one we have.

Where there's a will ,there's a way!

like a boss GIF

Girl Deal With It GIF

8S on it's own doesn't say much. Wheel size and weight determine what kv motor is usefull.

My lill quad runs on 20S. But I had to add an extra 1/3 reduction making the first feet pull only 125A instead of 500A.

View attachment 322010
NEED more pictures and or videos of this please

NEED more pictures and or videos of this please
It's still work in progres, but it's functional
I'll make build log soon. Here are some teasers:

Stripped chassis of a Adly 300XS

1694527914652.png

Qsmotor QS165 V2 72V with my reduction solution

1694527553118.png

Fardriver ND72530 esc

1694527701931.png

DIY 20S7P battery pack (ordered another 60cells to make it 20S10P as it sags at 300A+)

1694527773233.png

It's still work in progres, but it's functional
I'll make build log soon. Here are some teasers:

Stripped chassis of a Adly 300XS

View attachment 322020

Qsmotor QS165 V2 72V with my reduction solution

View attachment 322016

Fardriver ND72530 esc

View attachment 322017

DIY 20S7P battery pack (ordered another 60cells to make it 20S10P as it sags at 300A+)

View attachment 322019
Yes please a build log, I have wanted to do a electric kart once I get moved into my house and have a garage to work in. My neighbor put a huge brushless system in his golf cart and even with 3 guys it gets up to 35 mph so fast. But I want more of a go kart, low and quick

Looks like you're going to give Tesla Quad some major competition!!

View attachment 322022

View attachment 322021
I have considered to redo the exteriour like that, but the cyberquad hardly has mudguards. It won't be practical.
Yes please a build log, I have wanted to do a electric kart once I get moved into my house and have a garage to work in. My neighbor put a huge brushless system in his golf cart and even with 3 guys it gets up to 35 mph so fast. But I want more of a go kart, low and quick
An electric offroad kart is also on my todo list, but first i will scale up further with an electric buggy. I have a VW beetle chassis and buggy body waiting to be be fixed up. Especially the batteries will be a costly challenge. if i can find the right wheels it might even become a truggy ;)

I think you ask the wrong question as it all comes down to gearing and what you plan to do with it. Drive a kid around at 160mph?

TP5690, castle 2028, hobbywing 56113 just to name a few. But those are all way to high kv to function as a direct drive. You should be looking at hub motors used in like mountainboards, hooverboards and scooters. Something with a kv of 80-120.
My buddie actually has 2 nice hoverboards im just wondering if its possible. I've head of people Dewalt swapping motors but I'm a craftsman/icon guy

My buddie actually has 2 nice hoverboards im just wondering if its possible. I've head of people Dewalt swapping motors but I'm a craftsman/icon guy
Dewalt swapping motors? Those are brushed i guess?

I'd suggest to check out flipsky their brushless gear might be just what you are looking for.
And you really don't need 4x 7kw motors. What sparked my quad project was actually a silly cheap 3kw kit i managed to got it running with it, but the weight (200kg/440lbs) was just too much.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back