Senton Aroma senton shuts down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paddy8

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton Mega
My 3 year old senton is accelarating really slowly making grinding noises and shutting down after ten seconds. any ideas?

If the internals ,ie the Rotor is rusted out.. Absolutely it would and cause overheating.

When was the last time you serviced the vehicle?

I fixed the slipper clutch a few days ago. I will check if the inside of the motor is rusty

Take some photos & post here ,so we can see what you're seeing.

2DEADC10-4388-455C-AF87-894F03C40309.jpeg
82DE78C9-3B05-4F3C-870A-817E42F3170E.jpeg

Oh my, that motor is suspect and likely shot. :eek:

Could be the ESC too, your slipper spring also looks a little off? Was there lots of drag on the drivetrain? Rusty bearings?

There was a lot drag on the drivetrain I will check that out

I can tell just by looking at the motor casing that it's done for.
Those brushed motors don't last very long to begin with.
Went through a few of them on my daughter's Senton mega. Even had one grenade itself. Blew apart internally.
Good news is they're really inexpensive motors.
Hopefully you didn't cook your ESC trying to push a rusted out motor.

How would i tell if the esc needs to be replaced too

Not to be snarky but...by the look of that motor, I don't think I'm going out on a limb when I say that maintenance not only isn't your favorite part of the hobby, it isn't any part of the hobby, is it? :)

Just a general bit of advice...if you spend a fair amount of time driving your car in wet conditions, you'll get a lot of mileage out of doing simple things like blowing the vehicle out thoroughly with an air compressor right after you're done with your bashing session. Spray a good bit of WD40 into a mason jar and apply a light coat of it to all metal parts after blow drying it (WD40 does a pretty good job of keeping pastics and synthetics supple as well so if it makes it easier to just brush the whole car with a light film of it instead of onoly spot checks, you wouldn't be hurting anything.).

Just doing those two or three things regularly will drastically improve the general state of your vehicle. Which there's a ot of other things that Icould be done, I'M thinking baby steps. (y)

How would i tell if the esc needs to be replaced too
Only way to really tell is to get a new motor and run it.
Before you test the mew motor, go through the entire drive train and make sure the bearings aren't rusted out or seized up.
After you pull the motor, make sure your front and rear diffs spin freely and don't bind our sound "crunchy" before you install the new one.
You'll know if they're not working correctly.

Good Lord, I can’t believe that motor lasted long enough to rust! Normally the brushed Arrma motors suck balls in good conditions. The rest of the car is not so bad aside from needing a good cleaning. I’m sure you’ve already heard in other posts how important maintenance is. A little bit goes a long way.

Do you not drive the car very much? Having the motor look like that, yet the rest of the car… I don’t see the same wear and tear. Those tires look barely used and they don’t seem like they’re new? That’s the stock servo, right? I’m not seeing a ton of wear to the other plastic bits and pieces either. Just dirt and dust mixed with a bit of age. Did you drive it in the wet at some point and then let it sit awhile?

What do you want to do with it? Just get it running around again or have a full blown RC?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back