Arrma #2 thoughts on a postcard!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grimbles

Certified unintentional RC destroyer
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Typhon 3s
Hey all. Will probs be in the market for arrma #2 next month. As you may know (because i bang on about it all the time) i currently have a maxed out typhon 4x4 but i also have a hobao hyper ss truggy for 6s thrills and speed.

I want to stick with electric off road bashing (nowhere to run a felony, boooooo) and obvs want 6s (8s rigs are too big, doesn't mean i wouldnt upgrade the 6s!). Current thoughts:

1) outcast/noto 6s - just v. cool and different from what i already have; or
2) kraton exb - i have enough electronics in a drawer to run immediately at 6s but I see a lot of problems with them on here and i am hesitant. Its also pretty similar to the truggy i already have.

Any other suggestions gladly taken!
@jondilly1974 particularly keen for your input as you seem to have experience with most arrma rigs :)

Keaton is the overall all around best. Personally with the 6s, I feel that's it's the best looking basher. As for the other two I'm not entirely sure what the difference is between the two other than that they have different bodies.
Keaton is the overall all around best. Personally with the 6s, I feel that's it's the best looking basher. As for the other two I'm not entirely sure what the difference is between the two other than that they have different bodies.
You could always lift kit a felony

Noto = Outcast, just different bodys.

Kraton will feel a bit different than the Hyper SS, assuming your SS is mostly stock. SS will feel quicker/more maneuverable, Kraton will feel a bit more ponderous thru corners, but more stable in rougher stuff, and will float over rough ground better. If you have "Monster-fied" you SS, this will not be much of a difference. If we are talking non-stock, the big advantage for Kraton is all the aftermarket, so if you want a big Send-It rig, you can add loads of aftermarket bullet-proofing bling.

Depending on how you bash, I would look at Granite, Outcast, or maybe a Mojave.

Granite - probably my current favorite, just an all around great truck. Smaller than the Kraton/SS, so you can run it in smaller areas and still open it up.
Outcast/Noto - I like mine a lot, different from Kraton, more wheelies, wants to do flips when jumping more, turns better, but not twitchy like a Typhon can be.
Mojave - don't have one, but I want one. Seems to combine the bash-ability and power of a monster truggy with the scale cool vibes of a SCT. Only slightly bigger than the truggie.

Hey all. Will probs be in the market for arrma #2 next month. As you may know (because i bang on about it all the time) i currently have a maxed out typhon 4x4 but i also have a hobao hyper ss truggy for 6s thrills and speed.

I want to stick with electric off road bashing (nowhere to run a felony, boooooo) and obvs want 6s (8s rigs are too big, doesn't mean i wouldnt upgrade the 6s!). Current thoughts:

1) outcast/noto 6s - just v. cool and different from what i already have; or
2) kraton exb - i have enough electronics in a drawer to run immediately at 6s but I see a lot of problems with them on here and i am hesitant. Its also pretty similar to the truggy i already have.

Any other suggestions gladly taken!
@jondilly1974 particularly keen for your input as you seem to have experience with most arrma rigs :)
I’ve never owned an OC6S or Noto, but if you want nonstop wheelies and tricks, that’s the way to go. I also never have owned the Talion or Mojave, but I hear great things. Very reliable people claim they are their favorites. These would be very well planted speed demons off road.

But if you’re asking for my input, it would be the EXB with some 12x18 shims for the rear diff. That’s all you really need to fix the rear diff at this point. Sure I’ve broken a few other things but those were 100% on me. I really run it hard to see what I can and can’t get away with. Every time I land on four wheels it takes it. ????

Dammit guys, i hadn't even thought about mojave! Thanks for thoughts chaps, v appreciated. Kraton exb has a lot going for it, esp as i already have the bits!

Dammit guys, i hadn't even thought about mojave! Thanks for thoughts chaps, v appreciated. Kraton exb has a lot going for it, esp as i already have the bits!
I would try to wait a week or two to see if this Mojave EXB drops.... ??‍♂️

@jondilly1974 what are you running in your exb? This is the contents of my "next rig" drawer! Also have a max8 combo 4274/2200 in the hyper ss i could swap over.

20200923_141716.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back