thoughts on kevin talbot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He represents everything I value in RC.
photo-12.JPG

Some

I admire him for creating a life for himself doing what he wants. He shows it is possible to live your dream if you put the work in.
Being alone isn't my dream, but being able to live freely on my own terms is.

He is quite clevar business wise. Example. The $1 raffles for his rc vehicles he's been doing lately. Any idea what sort of return he's probably banking off that?? I guarantee he's pulling many Thousands off each very small investment. Brilliant!

He's an acquired taste. You like him or hate him. It's hard for me to swallow at times...BUT

He has earned his spot
Has great following
He is unique in his own lane and style
He's confident
Seems obviously well-funded

I do not need to like him, however I do respect him!

He's an acquired taste. You like him or hate him. It's hard for me to swallow at times...BUT

He has earned his spot
Has great following
He is unique in his own lane and style
He's confident
Seems obviously well-funded

I do not need to like him, however I do respect him!

I think he could do some amazing things for the rc community if he wanted. Hes got the following/ influence to.
His biggest contribution really is getting us all to send our rc to the 🌙.

He does what he does because that's what rakes in the views. His following is proof of how well liked he is.

The plusses
I enjoy his vids and the style of editing. He does the crazy stuff I would not ever dare to do with my own rc's, because I can't afford it.
It's also interesting to see what kind of abuse certain cars can handle. And I appreciate him fixing the cars he destroyed in later vids.
and he explains stuff when he fixes/upgrades his rig in short bits, which I think is a nice combination of some handy info and entertainment, though I look for other youtubers to explain to me how I can rebuild shocks/diffs/motor etc.

The passes
On the other hand his raffles (there are more rc youtubers with similar raffles tho) are money-making machines for him and ofcourse his trucks are the best, but people throw money at all sorts of youtubers/twitchers/patreon/onlyfans just because they like their content and a raffle at least gives you a chance to get something tangible in return, so I give him a pass on that. Personally, if I would earn tons with making youtube vids like that, I'd probably give stuff away for free like Mr Beast does, instead of selling tickets to a raffle.

The downsides
I think his presence at his skate-park locations persuades other people there to send their trucks to the moon as well. Kevin earns enough money with one vid to rebuild the trucks he destroys ten times over, but all these other people generally can't afford such repair bills.

He's very entertaining, his monster truck build was awesome, massive credit doing that yourself!!

His RC reviews and test are great, certainly puts them to the ultimate test, I've been subscribed for years

And don't forget guys, no one is making you watch his videos, you chose what you click on

😁😁😁

I enjoy watching Kevins videos Regardless of what others might say ,who cares what he trashes up .it's his money and he is having fun doing it ..I don't know him personally but I find him to be a chill dude..I hope he keeps posting more vids 👍

I watch him. I enjoy the entertainment, and it’s cool to see some pricey trucks (like an anniversary grave digger raminator) get sent to the moon. He’s a lot smarter than his YouTube persona, that’s why he’s wealthy.

Love him or hate him, I believe he has the most followers of any RC'er on YouTube, PERIOD..!!

Is that a good thing or a bad thing, only you can decided 🙄:cool:

Some

I admire him for creating a life for himself doing what he wants. He shows it is possible to live your dream if you put the work in.
Being alone isn't my dream, but being able to live freely on my own terms is.

He is quite clevar business wise. Example. The $1 raffles for his rc vehicles he's been doing lately. Any idea what sort of return he's probably banking off that?? I guarantee he's pulling many Thousands off each very small investment. Brilliant!
Actually I do have an idea.....I entered a few tickets in the XRT one because why not and you can see how many tickets have been sold when you enter!

Currently 26,470 tickets...... At $2.50 each.......

Actually I do have an idea.....I entered a few tickets in the XRT one because why not and you can see how many tickets have been sold when you enter!

Currently 26,470 tickets...... At $2.50 each.......
but that includes 'free' tickets. I assume half are free (buy 10 get 10 free etc). Still even if 1/10th were paid tickets, he could rebuild the truck 4 times over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back